baschboost website?

01blacks4 said:
I WILL NEVER CALL IT AN INTERCOOLER AGAIN.

(only 96 more times to write that)

Cut and Paste a few times and you should be at 100 in no time :biggrin:

WoW, I have just spent a good amount of time on the baschboost.org website and I've got to say that I'm not so sure I want this system any longer!! :redface: I didnt read one positive post about the system. The last post were in 2004, Have most of these issues been taken care of? What am I getting myself into? I have a perfect running motor with only 29,000 miles on it. It is not worth it to me if I am going to have all of the problems these guys were talking about. Tell me the AEM and aftercooler solved the problems. :cool:

SNDSOUL said:
WoW, I have just spent a good amount of time on the baschboost.org website and I've got to say that I'm not so sure I want this system any longer!! :redface: I didnt read one positive post about the system. The last post were in 2004, Have most of these issues been taken care of? What am I getting myself into? I have a perfect running motor with only 29,000 miles on it. It is not worth it to me if I am going to have all of the problems these guys were talking about. Tell me the AEM and aftercooler solved the problems. :cool:

I'd take everything you read about FI nsx's on the net with a grain of salt. A few know what they are talking about (im not one of them, it's up to you to figure out who), and the rest pretty much regurgitate whatever they read or were by someone else.

IMO, anything you do which puts you at 400rwhp in your car is going to have some issues, make sure your expectations are set appropriately-- *especially* if you are doing this on the cheap (that's not an insult, i can smell my own).

Keep in mind, the install isnt the hard part. Debugging and tuning is the hard part. Once you have that done, understand that you will have to keep a much closer eye on how the car behaves, at all times-- and expect to continue the tuning process.

Good luck,

-mike

SNDSOUL said:
WoW, I have just spent a good amount of time on the baschboost.org website and I've got to say that I'm not so sure I want this system any longer!!
There are many who love the bbsc, and there are some who have had engines go bad. Mostly from the early generation ssbb flaw. Many engines gone bad were not reported, as people wanted to simply remain in the shadows or protect their identity. I think the bbsc's past is pretty well known now. As to present, there are many bbsc cars runing around with little or no problems at all. Just make sure you have the 2nd generation ssbb, if indeed you go the ssbb route. Boost on!

As to the .org site - MB is more than welcome to have it....IF he would use it to better inform and support his clients. No charge. I would however like him to respond to me, either in private, or in his special thread I started, but it matters not in terms of that forum/domain transfer. After all, he did say he wanted to resolve our differences.

I think KGP is being pretty even handed in his comments, esp. since he had an engine failure. I'm at 7k miles on my engine and (fingers crossed) no problems yet regarding ringlands etc... If you don't tune it well, count on a bad outcome. Period. If you over boost, same thing.

ANd that goes for FX and GJ as well. And don't think CTSC is immune to problems. Andy V. Lost TWO engines to the CTSC.. and not every time, but about half the time 've been to MB's shop, he has at least one car in with a CTSC blown engine..and on occasion an NA blown engine, and on occasion a BBSC rebuild...

and not every time, but about half the time 've been to MB's shop, he has at least one car in with a CTSC blown engine..and on occasion an NA blown engine, and on occasion a BBSC rebuild...

i agree....i am suprised how many engines blow.....

i have spent the last 3-4 hours reading tha BBSC.org site......wow, i realize everyone was pissed cause they had a problem and everything else but wow, it seemed like a bunch or people who didnt understand much about FI, complaining about it. ALL FI systems have 90% of the issues listed...not just aftermarket FI either. one of our other cars have most of these issues from the factory, because it is FI. seemes to me , and it has been said many many times before, that tuning could be blamed for almost all of the issues listed.

Back