bad shop rant...

well, they called a few hours ago and said theyd put it inside tonight and it would be ready tomorrow morning. lesson learned on many accounts i'd say.

originally i took the car there, of course the stoptechs wouldnt fit under my ssr wheels without spacers. i went to jotech, got 15mm project kics ones. the hub ring is separate from the spacer.

so the spacer rings didnt fit snug into the ssr hub rings. i wanted to take the car that day and thats when they said, they couldnt let me because of liability bs. so... i got different ones with correct measurements made and when i went there today...i noticed the car had been outside for that long.

like i said. i dont care as much about the elements. the car isnt going to rust from a day in snow or ice. its the fact that my car can get vandalized, or it will be sitting on bricks one day.

either way...weather permitting, ill be in my x again tomorrow hopefully.

well, they called a few hours ago and said theyd put it inside tonight and it would be ready tomorrow morning. lesson learned on many accounts i'd say.
like i said. i dont care as much about the elements. the car isnt going to rust from a day in snow or ice. its the fact that my car can get vandalized, or it will be sitting on bricks one day.

I agree, 'lesson learned' but I would have been more consequent and picked the car up immediately after such an experience. I changed my dealer back in 2006 when I found out how other NSXs were treated. And this is still a so-called reputable, experienced NSX-shop here. Some of the guys still bring their car to this shop, not knowing an alternative and regularly have some 'gone wrong'-stories to tell when we meet. :) Of course, NSXs wait outside, not for only a week, month and years. :eek!: Record is 5 years and still going.

Last edited:
Everyone that commented is right....cept maybe Harry ....:biggrin: and he's just funny! There is nothing more I can add - unreal huh...:eek::wink:

...its only safe at your house period.

I asked 348Tony this question and he did not agree. :biggrin:
Then he wanted me to do something with his butt. :frown:

To the point, if he said it would come in at night it should have. CL65 is right about WIP killing the bay space but the shop owner knows the dynamics of his shop better than anyone. He probably knew up-front that he was overcommitting and that he was going to underdeliver.

Back