• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bad mouthing nsx on wikipedia

I've been maintaining the NSX entry on wikipedia : an online encyclopedia that anyone can edit and maintain. Problem is some idiots have been altering it : with opinons against our beloved supercar. Now this pees me off being the totally biased-NSX-fan that i am. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

This is what was written:
<I>"While some people call it a super car it is generally considered to be lacking in power compared to contemporary supercars and is, indeed, not the most powerful roadcar produced by a Japanese manufacturer."

"The car was primarily intended to showcase Honda's racing technology and is intended to compete with low-end Ferrari vehicles like the 355."</I>

So this means that when a car gets old or it's HP's are low, it's no longer consider (nor ever was considered) a supercar? How stupid is that?

i'd love anyone here to edit it... it needs it, and i feel like i'm fighting a one man war to preserve the NSX page. :D Is $90,000 still the RRP in the US?

sorry... i'm tired... just needed to get that off my e-chest. :D

whoever worte that probably never heard of the nsx tpye r. i have vifeos of the nsx s-zero killin the 355. people think skylines are the best to come from japan but thats just cause thats the cool thing to think? nsx r is faster in the 1/4 (which who really cares) but it murders MURDERS the skyline on the track http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/frames/media.htm check some these videos out

my bad

Thanks for the e-hug <B>Satan</B>... i needed that. :p

lol... pretty funny; i can take heaps of pressure and crap from work, but when the supercar status of my beloved NSX is questioned, MAN that gets me mad. :D

Boy, am I upset with this. I ususally go to wickipedia for all my serious research needs... :rolleyes:

The curse of the internet is any idiot can post "facts"

I think that guy has a point: powerwise the NSX never was a supercar. I mean 280hp is a very low power-output especially nowadays where even some saloons have more than twice the power.However, it still was a supercar when it was released because of its design, aluminum thus lightweight and quick, and superb handling. So I guess its up to your defination of a supercar.....

NeoNSX said:
I've been maintaining the NSX entry on wikipedia : an online encyclopedia that anyone can edit and maintain. Problem is some idiots have been altering it : with opinons against our beloved supercar. Now this pees me off being the totally biased-NSX-fan that i am. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

This is what was written:
<I>"While some people call it a super car it is generally considered to be lacking in power compared to contemporary supercars and is, indeed, not the most powerful roadcar produced by a Japanese manufacturer."

"The car was primarily intended to showcase Honda's racing technology and is intended to compete with low-end Ferrari vehicles like the 355."</I>

So this means that when a car gets old or it's HP's are low, it's no longer consider (nor ever was considered) a supercar? How stupid is that?

i'd love anyone here to edit it... it needs it, and i feel like i'm fighting a one man war to preserve the NSX page. :D Is $90,000 still the RRP in the US?

sorry... i'm tired... just needed to get that off my e-chest. :D
I think the description is quite factual and neutral. I am sorry to break it to you, Neo. The NSX is no longer a supercar. The bar has been raised a few times over the past 14 years. The NSX was a supercar in the 1990's. Since it is still in production and essentially unchanged, you need to compare it against other supercars. The supercars nowadays have upwards of 400hp , 0-60 in 4 seconds, and near 200mph. If Honda did stop production of the NSX a few years early, we can still remember it as a supercar that REDEFINED sport car. Imagined the NSX was only produced for ONE year as a batch in 1991, it will forever be THE AWESOME MACHINE that kicked EVERYONE's behind. Everywhere the car goes, it will only gets thumbs up even from the Ferrari and Porsche guys. But in reality, Honda let it dwindle and it is still in production after 14 years. It no longer gets the public respect it once got and deserved. I can't imagine what a $40k Turbo 350z will do when the $30k 350z already has such respectable performance. Imagine if Honda is going to build a $90k HSC with today's technologies? THAT would be a supercar.
Steve

Agreed. Too bad Honda canned the HSC....

Vegas Boy said:
Boy, am I upset with this. I ususally go to wickipedia for all my serious research needs... :rolleyes:

LOL. Hey, if it's on the Internet, it must be true! :D

I wasn't REALLY upset by this (geez, there are bigger problems in the world), but I didn't appreciate some of the inaccuracies. For example, from my understanding the NSX wasn't designed to compete directly against Ferrari. If Honda did that, they completely FAILED because they never kept evolving to keep up with the 360 and other Ferrari's that have been released since. Honda designed the NSX to showcase their F1 success at the time, to design a true "sports car", and so Honda's CEO could take two sets of golf clubs to the course. :D
Anyone feel free to correct me on this.

whiteNSXs wrote:
I am sorry to break it to you, Neo. The NSX is no longer a supercar.

Huh? I read: "Neo...The NSX is...a supercar". Totally agree with you there! :D We all see what we want to see. ;)

I'm so glad Honda didn't limit production to one year or a 399 NSX's. This website would be so much smaller if they had, and I'd probably be on the corvette forums. :p *shudder* :D

I think they targeted quite well at the Ferrari 348 and later at the 355.
Now, if the NSX just had 100hp more the others would have been no comparision, as well as almost anything else available at that time.
But then, back in 1992 the sportiest/raciest car was the Mazda RX-7 FD, no doubt, let aside a very few triple digit $$$ exotics only, and even some of those had a rather hard time...

And remember that ad...?
"The Italians have always been known for incredible cuisine, distinctive architecture, and until recently, the very finest in exotic sports cars... the NSX-T... from Acura"

andy l.

Last edited:
andy l.

Ah yeah, i forgot those ads (they are in the Gallery/Video Clips section). But that's when we start getting into differences between the manufacturer's reason for buying the NSX and marketing (which is different and varies from culture to culture. ie. Marketing an NSX in Italy as a Ferrari-killer wouldn't work; maybe as a "reliable daily driver supercar" would. Then again... the bad pubilicity might have paid off :D )

We can go on and on about how it would be nice if the NSX had more HP... let's see what the HSC or next supercar Honda releases has to offer. Maybe now that Japan is over that silly 300HP "Gentleman's agreement" they can finally take the gloves off. :cool:

yeah, it is still very sad for me that i let the nsx go...

but realistically, i picked up a sedan/saloon, with all aluminum technology, greater hp, similar/better 0-60 times, for about the same price as a new nsx.

No, it doesnt carve corners as well, but it is not THAT far off the nsx.

Acura needs a new nsx to stay in the game. It is sad that a choice between a sedan and an nsx should be so close in terms of performance.

Quite aside from the ridiculous statements about the NSX, I think the phrase "low-end Ferrari vehicles like the 355" is equally indicative of the author's ignorance.

Back