Autotrader ATL potential Fraud: 97 NSX

Okay, so I found this "interesting"...

I came across THIS AD in the Autotrader on my daily perusing of NSX ADs looking for the right fit for me (although there are a few out there that I'm interested in). My first thought was, "What's wrong with it other than the Automatic" (I'd like a manual) because of the low price.

I have family in the ATL area as I grew up there and figured my father could go and inspect the vehicle for me. First, the number listed is disconnected. Second, I found the same exact car for sale at a dealer in NY. Third, I emailed the ATL guy and he said that since he is in Australia he would have to ship me the car (yes, this is what he emailed me) for me to drive for 5 days to see if I liked it and then either pay him or ship the car back.

So, I alerted auto trader to the potential fraud (I'm not saying that it is DEFINITELY fraud, but if fish smells like fish, don't buy it).

Just sending out a, be careful about this ATL advert.

The Plainview, NY AD has been around for about three weeks and is also on eBay for the second/third time, and is probably the legit AD.

RJPKRP

he said that since he is in Australia he would have to ship me the car (yes, this is what he emailed me) for me to drive for 5 days to see if I liked it and then either pay him or ship the car back.

HAHA! I've never heard of this one before.. that's just funny.

Typical fraud were a pic and description are lifted from the real add and posted on the web,lol Australia,now if you really want to mess with Mr Australia,try to get a local Ausie address or Tel # than some of our active Ausie members like Neo aka super ninja can harass him or her:biggrin:

I ran into a couple of those but instead of Australia they said they were in Washington even though their cars were listed in San Francisco and Stockton CA.

Both came up with excuses why I couldn't see the car in person and wanted to have the car delivered. Bzzzttt. Wrong answer. Fraud.

Anything were they wanna receive payment and then send the car to you is fraud automatically.Craigslist has warnings about this all over when you search up car ads.

Back