Autotrader 2002 NSX at 44k...Good deal?

Autotrader Link

I saw this ad awhile ago and noticed the honda steering wheel, missing fuse box cover, and missing spare tire. I have tried emailing the seller and he/she did not return my message.

Has anybody checked this car out?

Thanks in advance!

at 44K with a clear title and NO accidents, it would be a killer deal.

i took a quick look at the pictures and it seems to have being in a SERIOUS front end damage as evident on this picture.

the front light retainer bucket should have a smoooth curve and it looks pretty beat up and cut.

also the damage was bad enough that it acturally kinked the a/c lines towards the firewall.

also the LARGE coolant hose return line is also seriously damaged.

the black pastic/rubber garnish under the front windshield is rediculously jacked up.

also the front cross member is missing the factory stickers which is usually a sign of repaint.

the car does not have any vin number information which usually says something.

i bet $ on a salvage title from my assessment.

this car is a pass.

3977959945.229922870.IM1.10.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Last edited:
ahh, thanks for the info! i knew something may look fishy...the honda steering wheel kinda made me think there may have been some sort of airbag deployment, etc.

maybe he will lower the price! haha. i think it's been around forever on autotrader. 35k shipped to hawaii! jk haha. i wish. =P

ahh, thanks for the info! i knew something may look fishy...the honda steering wheel kinda made me think there may have been some sort of airbag deployment, etc.

maybe he will lower the price! haha. i think it's been around forever on autotrader. 35k shipped to hawaii! jk haha. i wish. =P

even at 35k i would stay away :)

the damage looks too serious to have missed the frame. the quality of the repair is subpar and if they would not even fix the stuff you can seen, think about the stuff you cant !

for 35K you better be getting a car at drives straight.

I know a couple of owners out on the island! if your serious, i can get you in touch with them, you guys can shoot the breeze and you can maybe get a better feel of the car :wink:

its always better to start a life long relationship with love rather than apprehension. something like this can make or break your ownership expereince.

nsxs are awesome, the right one will come along.

even at 35k i would stay away :)

the damage looks too serious to have missed the frame. the quality of the repair is subpar and if they would not even fix the stuff you can seen, think about the stuff you cant !

for 35K you better be getting a car at drives straight.

I know a couple of owners out on the island! if your serious, i can get you in touch with them, you guys can shoot the breeze and you can maybe get a better feel of the car :wink:

its always better to start a life long relationship with love rather than apprehension. something like this can make or break your ownership expereince.

nsxs are awesome, the right one will come along.

ahh, haha thanks. yeah, so far i hang with scaransx...he is a good friend of mine. i've talked to some other nsx members as well. it's hard to look for a nsx on an island! :tongue:

you are right, maybe i'll get a na1....

ahh, haha thanks. yeah, so far i hang with scaransx...he is a good friend of mine. i've talked to some other nsx members as well. it's hard to look for a nsx on an island! :tongue:

you are right, maybe i'll get a na1....

lol you guys are blissfully lucky to be living there and driving around in a nsx

i heard the island get pretty small after a while and there is only one highway where you can let loose and the cops are always there.

i would love to come down and hang out in paradise :D

The front bumper paint doesn't match the rest of the car either. No badge either so they prob just didn't bother when they repaired.

The drivers side fwd gap between fender looks too wide.

The car also seems to be doing 30mph sitting still. NSX look fast sitting still but never saw proof. :tongue:

lol you guys are blissfully lucky to be living there and driving around in a nsx

i heard the island get pretty small after a while and there is only one highway where you can let loose and the cops are always there.

i would love to come down and hang out in paradise :D

yep! 365 days a year nsx or motorcycle driving =)

there's 3 main highways, and one that you can pound the crap outta yer car, and cops will somehow ninja and nab you lol...

found a decent one.. http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/car/514608661.html hmm!

thanks for the helpful insight folks..!

Alex, there was a guy selling a white 02+ NSX with camel interior from Hawaii.....we spoke via email a few times and he sent me some pics.

It's a bit higher than your price range but if you interested I can find his info assuming he did not sell the car yet.

Still have that white Integra?

rk

XTR, is 40-45k the price range you are trying to stay within? I am not sure precisely what you are looking for in an NSX but I would suggest that you narrow it down to a specific year range or price range and look for the best example in that category. Personally, if the 02+ style is what you want I don't think there are many good examples to be had for less then 50k. If you have had a chance to drive Dan's car I suggest that you drive a targa as well before settling. At least for me although I like the exotic look of the targa I really prefer the drive of the coupe. Good luck with your search

i have mixed feeling about the coupe and targa.

i have both. 91 coupe and 97 3.2 targa.

targa is really nice, i thought the targa would be over rated but it really makes a big difference when it comes to the enjoyment of the car, its real nice with the top off.

i have not felt any body flex with mine... but i have type R struct bars and the works.

I have driven many customer targa tops and havent feel much difference. if your worried about chassie flex, i would recommend getting a 97 and above targa. even if you get a pre 97, the type R chassie bars will tie everything up nicely.

i highly recommend the targa. try both. :smile:

thanks for the advice guys..

rick - the teg got stolen, that's why i'm looking for another car. i figure, why not the nsx? i've been in love with the thing since 91 haha! oh, and the camel nsx, yeah, i would love to pick that car up, but it's way outta my price range lol...!

ashman- thanks for the suggestion. i'll bug dan about riding in his nsx, as he lives just down the street from me =) i've never ridden in a 2002+ nsx tho..just sat in one when it was at the acura showroom lol

ron98 - appreciate the suggestion. ive been emailing stephen about his cantrell widebody, we shall see how this goes! i'm excited!

ahh i couldn't see that on my sidekick screen (too small!)..

btw, can anybody give me any suggestions of where to go get financing? (for another car, not this one lol)

try looking up credit unions like capital one. I used postal credit union in MN and I live in MO. Really good rates when I bought mine.

thanks. hmm, maybe my local credit union might do it. the nsx i'm looking to buy is far away tho..they might not do it =(

i just checked the link again and he wrote rebuilt salvage title...

it's 35k now..i dunno why, but even at the salvage title state, it might just be worth it (if i were to make it a show car, etc) just gotta fix all that crap that's messed in the front...yikes!

my insurance company might not like that still..

*sigh*

Its obviously fixed like absolute crap. who knows what else is under the skin.
Avoid that one. unless you can take to a shop in person who can determine true repair costs. than pay accordingly and still save a considerable amount of money.

i just checked the link again and he wrote rebuilt salvage title...

it's 35k now..i dunno why, but even at the salvage title state, it might just be worth it (if i were to make it a show car, etc) just gotta fix all that crap that's messed in the front...yikes!

my insurance company might not like that still..

*sigh*

Please don't buy that car. No matter how much the "good price" trying to tell you. I have gone down that path before and would never go down again.
spare yourself and get an NSX that's intact and you will be happy for years to come. If you already know the NSX is messed up you will not learn to love it 100% (After all, it's a wrecked)

i talked with the GUY...feel bad for him....Car maybe fine after rebuild....he has a battle....My dad Car Dealership.....Turned away a Lambo that has a SALVAGE title. Major dealerships just dont mess with them. If you buy one make sure you get a damn good deal and plan to keep until the wheels fall off...I am sure its looks good rolling by on the HWY and maybe almost back to fac specs....But who knows....

How in the heck do an insurance company total a car thats worth 60k at the time of the wreck....

I asked my dad....he said it could be 20k of work, but work that its repairable,,,,,,iF ITS 5K OF frame DAMAGE THEY WILL WRITE IT OFF AS NOT HWY SAFE...

Last edited:
I can see it now, out on a hot date, and it rains......you need a bucket to get the water out......:tongue:

Back