Autobahn Country Club

Has anyone signed up for the Autobahn Country Club or knows much about it? I have gone to the webpage (www.autobahncountryclub.net) and it does sound intriguing but the price seems high. Not only is the initiation $10,000 but the annual fee is $3,000. I understand that there is a convince factor in there but has anyone spent more on track time than $3,000 a year? This is not including tires, fuel, and all that other stuff that goes along with tracking a car. I am only refereeing to the cost of going to a track.

I have a kart which I can run for $25 all day. Combine that with running the car at a track ($50 a night at Gingerman or ~200-400 for a club day) and you would have to do some serious amount of track time to justify that cost per year. Especially here in the Midwest where we can only run from April (if we are lucky) till October.

Also, does anyone know how the club is structured in regards to receiving the initiation back when leaving the club? In most country clubs they return a portion of the current imitation. I noticed that there is an open house on the 15th of February at the Aurelious in Oakbrook Terrace at 1:00. I may go to check it out.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew anything.

Kevin

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26061

I think its a great idea. It is similar to a country club with a golf course. There are Ski clubs where are essentially the same thing. Comparing prices to everyday of course its cheaper. One could golf a 100 dollar a round course and never come close to fulfilling some of the country clubs fees. Some in dayton/cincy are up around 100 grand just for initiation fee

3 Grand is nothing for a membership to a country club. Once I graduate college that maybe a expense factored in. Or even investing in a few on the west and east coast. I would like to see how they do the first year or so...

Last edited:
Re: may get to drive it...

nsx1164 said:
EDIT
Still waiting to hear from "event management" -- there is a chance that the circuit won't be READY in time. Stay tuned for details...
Just got the word -- this event will NOT take place as scheduled...

Alan Wilson (circuit designer) was at the Autobahn Country Club track site Thursday and Friday of this past week and I’m sorry to inform you that a determination was made that the track would not be in a condition to host our event by October 2nd.

Re: may get to drive it...

nsx1164 said:
Just got the word -- this event will NOT take place as scheduled...

Alan Wilson (circuit designer) was at the Autobahn Country Club track site Thursday and Friday of this past week and I’m sorry to inform you that a determination was made that the track would not be in a condition to host our event by October 2nd.

Damn, that would have been cool! :(

I went out to the Joliet Autobahn Country Club's open house yesterday.(Sunday 26th) Pretty cool place! They gave tours of both tracks. Should be open for real racing next year, track needs to cure and armco needs to be installed. They said they have about 135 members with a limit of 200. One track will be available to members while other one will be rented out. They said they already have a high demand for track rental from motorcycle guys(they wanted it every weekend!) to Skip Barber. Lots of cool cars there too.
Orange Lambo M ,Silver Lambo G , BMW Z8"s, Red Lotus Elise,several Ferrari's and Porsches. Any other NSX'ers go?

If I would have known, I would have gone too. I'd love to see that facility. Let me know if they have anymore open houses.

I did not go to the open house but yesterday I was out for a drive in the NSX and attempted to find the track. I drove past and saw an individual in the parking lot and simply past. As I turned around he came to the street and waived me down, and offered to show me around.
We hopped in his truck and he gave me a tour of the entire facility, it was great. The two tracks (can be combined into one) are spectacular with some elevation changes, trees, and late apexing corners. The track manager is extreamly nice and was kind enough to write me an email this morning as a followup.

Needless to say, I am impressed with the facility. I am not sure that today I am ready to spend 3000 per year for track access (not including initiation fee) but it is interesting.

P.S. On the website there are pictures of a red NSX lapping on the track line to set the curbs. Is that car anyone's here?

I met these guys at AOB this summer both from the Chicago area I believe they were getting some work done on their cars when I had mine in. They did mention a thing or two about the Club. I would love to get there next summer to check it out.

Last edited:
Back