AutoArt die-cast toys

hey everyone,

i had a question about Autoart 1/18 scale model cars. i know they are by far one of the most well detailed and made scale model cars. i was wondering if the paint they use on their model cars; are the actual automotive paints used on the real versions? i ask because i hear that autoart does use the actual paints. i just bought a lamborghini murcielago model which is orange; and i must say it DOES look quite close to the real deal.

has anyone else heard if this is true or not? i am going to paint my car to a very unique color found on an autoart toy (not the murcielago orange; cause i know we can find that code), but to a more rare and limited production car; that i probably cannot get my hands on the code to. but if the autoart toys are the 'real deal' paint; then i can have my bodyshop sample paint off that model.

any help would be appreciated in advance. thanks!

I think its quite possible. Sometimes to get a color match, you hand over your gas tank door to them. They place this under a color match scanner that pretty much sums up what and how much paint to use for the mixture.....

They might be able to scan directly off the model..Call them and find out.

Back