Auto Express: Next NSX, 400hp, 0-62mph in less than 5 seconds

LOL You jerk you said $122k:mad:

When did I say 122... LOL....

Look at this way, you have everything under 100K. It's $5 it isn't going to kill you. But now you won't be able to buy that new suit you had your eye on at the army store.

When did I say 122... LOL....

Look at this way, you have everything under 100K. It's $5 it isn't going to kill you. But now you won't be able to buy that new suit you had your eye on at the army store.

You suck! I've saving for months to get that suit and with the extra five bucks I could have got one with buttons:frown:

I think it is very possible to be priced at R8 V10 or 991GT3 money. I have a 2013GTR coming but in the looks department i don't think it's comparable but first I must experience less than 3 sec to 60mph:biggrin:

I think it is very possible to be priced at R8 V10 or 991GT3 money. I have a 2013GTR coming but in the looks department i don't think it's comparable but first I must experience less than 3 sec to 60mph:biggrin:

For a V6?? Don't think so. With the Yen out of the equation price comes down a lot. Hey plenty of time to enjoy the GTR now be cool if you have both cars:biggrin:

I thought they said it is going to be produced in the US?

0-60 in 3 Seconds?

Acura NSX Concept
acura-nsx-concept.jpg

The on-again, off-again project to resurrect the Acura NSX is evidently on again as the Japanese automaker unveiled this dramatically styled concept at the North American International Auto Show. Acura says the car will bow in production form sometime in the next three years and will be built in Ohio and engineered by a team led by Honda R&D of America.

Remaining true to the roots of this legendary 2-seater, the aluminum-intensive Acura NSX Concept features mid-engine placement and a sleek shape that is every bit as contemporary as the original’s when it debuted in 1990.

acura-nsx-concept-12_large.jpg

This newest iteration features a grille treatment with a trapezoidal shape and large single bar dividing the space, similar to that used on current production models. The opening is flanked by additional inlets that also serve as chin spoilers. The sides feature stepped rocker panels and the engine air is routed through intakes positioned just aft of the doors. In addition to the thin row of typical concept car lighting, the NSX concept also features a glass roof. Both items may not make the transition to production.

The Acura NSX Concept is tidy, riding on a 101.4-in. wheelbase and measures 170.5 in. overall. It stands just 45.7 in. high and is 74.6 in. wide. The concept has 19x9-in. front and 20x10-in. rear wheels shod respectively with 255/35R19 and 275/30R20 tires.

acura-nsx-concept-10_large.jpg

Like the original NSX, the new model will be powered by a mid-mounted V-6 engine. While company officials provided few details on its displacement, its widely believed that the direct injected powerplant will be about 3.5 liters in size and produce at least 310 bhp.

But most important, the Acura NSX will showcase the division’s latest iteration of Super Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), which unlike the previous mechanical application will employ hybrid power to give the car exceptional handling. The engine will drive the rear wheels through a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox. An auxiliary lithium-ion battery pack will power two front-mounted electric motors combined inboard in a single housing, that provide an additional 100 hp, for a combined total output of 410 hp. Each motor turns a front wheel and can speed up or use regenerative braking to induce yaw for crisper turn-in as well as correcting for either over- or understeer.

acura-nsx-concept-15_large.jpg

This is similar to the next generation SH-AWD which will be used on Acura sedans, however, flipped to where the engine drives the front wheels and the electric motors handle the rear axle.

“This Sport Hybrid SH-AWD system will make the NSX the ultimate expression of Acura’s idea to create synergy between man and machine,”
said Takanobu Ito, president and CEO of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. The hybrid offers two benefits, according to Ito—performance on par with sports cars that have larger engines and all-wheel drive, but with the added benefit of better fuel economy. “Like the first NSX, we will again express high performance through engineering efficiency,” he maintained. “In this new era, even as we focus on the fun-to-drive spirit of the NSX, I think a supercar must respond positively to environmental responsibilities.”

acura-nsx-concept-06_large.jpg

Eco-friendliness needn’t be dull, as the car is rumored to hit 60 mph in 3.0 sec. The production version’s price should hover around $100,000.
Dimensions
Length: 170.5 in.
Width: 74.6 in.
Height: 45.7 in.
Wheelbase: 101.4 in.
Wheel size: 19 x 9 in. (front) 20x 10 in. (rear)
Tire size: 255/35R19 (front) 275/30R20 (rear)​

Looks like they just copied the basic shape and style of the R8. If it really is powered by a ~300hp 3.5L V6 (350Z performance) with more power from electric motors, that would be a huge dissapointment. The engine itself should atleast be 100hp/liter. 400hp is not impressive either for a "supercar".
I still am concerned about their choice in front and rear tire widths. Clearly this car didnt have the same goals in its creation as the original.

Back