Auto Express: Next NSX, 400hp, 0-62mph in less than 5 seconds

You know someone on VTEC.net listed prices for the upcoming ILX and the NSX 2.0. His info put it ( NSX ) at $78k and change. If it is only 400hp then the $78k seems more in line. That's what the GTR cost when it originally came out.

If the new car has more power but just matches the old in acceleration it shows not much progress other than better MPG and emissions. Really hope these 400hp reports are wrong but at $78k I'd consider it strongly.

that is 75k pounds.....which is about 120k us.

that is 75k pounds.....which is about 120k us.

True but they always adjust and bring the price down for the US market. They know only a handful "might" buy it at that price. I'm sure they wish to sell as many as they can. Guess we'll know in less than a week though.

So is the 400HP number from the total hybrid output gas + electric engine or just from the gas engine?

It doesn't sound like that there is any VTEC advancements if it's just 400HP with the 3.5 liter displacement - about the same as the S2k in power per liter.

Weak.

I'll have fun making this NSX a dot in my rear view mirror.

So I had called it on price. They just want a piece of the R8 market. That is their target car. What should have been an NSX back in 2008.

400 HP in a 2013 model is a dollar short and a day late to just compete, nevermind be a game changing car.

I guess we will see soon.

Last edited:
the average Joe could only hope,but to bring this car to market as the halo for less than the original when it came out is quite confusing.Adjusted for inflation the original would be right around 100k in todays $.

So I had called it on price. They just want a piece of the R8 market. That is their target car. What should have been an NSX back in 2008.

You might have but there isn't $120k worth of performance. Not to mention a V8 R8 costs less than that to start as does the GTR. Why would Honda bring less car and performance to market for more money?? Is it to offset what people will be saving is gas??

This info must be wrong.

the average Joe could only hope,but to bring this car to market as the halo for less than the original when it came out is quite confusing.Adjusted for inflation the original would be right around 100k in todays $.

The original didn't share as many parts as this one will be sharing. This whole drivetrain is what's going into the RL which will be in the $50-60k price range. So their going to charge double just for the aluminum body?

well then they should just scrap acura altogether then, since it would seem the top models are moving down in price and exclusivity.

They don't care about the GTR. They'll never be able to touch that performance wise in that price range. They've just let that go, and in their book it's too big and heavy anyway. The R8 won't start for any less by 2013. So the NSX will be in that price range. It will most likely out handle any car in that range or anything short of a Pagani or a Koenigsegg, mainly because of its hybrid motor technology mixed with shAWD. Acceleration will be good. It will probably be pretty light, my guess is 3450 range. So overall it will not that far off from the original NSX's design goals. It'll be a good car. But the target has moved from Ferrari to Audi.

well then they should just scrap acura altogether then, since it would seem the top models are moving down in price and exclusivity.

Did you forget the integra and the RSX? Obviously they don't get it.

I'm continually amazed at the certainty to which people on this board make statements on a car that they really don't know jackshit about.

You had a breakfast burrito earlier, you are wearing white shirt, and tonight you'll have chicken for dinner. Your mom is a little upset with you, and you are a bit defficient on vitamin D.

I know all.

You had a breakfast burrito earlier, you are wearing white shirt, and tonight you'll have chicken for dinner. Your mom is a little upset with you, and you are a bit defficient on vitamin D.

I know all.

You only know what I tell you LOL

Alright Dave $5 dollar bet it's not $120k. Paypal on Monday if I'm wrong and your right.

What kind of bet is that? I get 120 and you get every other number in the known universe? You name a price and I'll name one and whoever is closer wins.

What kind of bet is that? I get 120 and you get every other number in the known universe? You name a price and I'll name one and whoever is closer wins.

Sorry. I honestly can't see what's been given specs wise I can't see it being more than $100k. So my number is $100k

I know all.

I had coffee for breakfast, I'm wearin a black shirt and were having Bowtie pasta in a lite wine sauce for dinner. My mom adores me but I think you're right on the vita d deficiency.

So you're probably about as accurit on the car as you are about me.

:)

For $120K I am expecting at least 450-500hp, however if it does go down to $78K I am OK with 400hp as long as the car is light enough.

IMO if I was Honda:

1. Revive a legend with a more up to date look, progressive technology as well as decent horse power / zero to 60 figures that is somewhat affordable. Maybe slightly higher than the GTR price range.

2. See how the public responds after injecting life back into your overall image and brand.

3. Then go BIG with the real halo, holy grail of Honda tuning and tech with the release of the 2014-2015 NSX R Ferrari punisher in the future that actually gets brought to the US. GTR's here why not NSX R?

I remember reading here a response from an inside man at Acura saying that Honda is revamping the brand and basically wants to get its shit together. As I see it right now, the only place Honda has to go is up (or out of business).

I think one thing that is for certain that this new NSX will out handle basically anything else on the road. Horsepower crowns isn't Hondas fortay, creating the ultimate driving experience is for the new NSX.

Last edited:
Sorry. I honestly can't see what's been given specs wise I can't see it being more than $100k. So my number is $100k

OK then now we are talking. I'm going to go with $100,001.50

We have a bet.

I had coffee for breakfast, I'm wearin a black shirt and were having Bowtie pasta in a lite wine sauce for dinner. My mom adores me but I think you're right on the vita d deficiency.

So you're probably about as accurit on the car as you are about me.

:)

See??? I KNEW IT!!!

So here is a list of things that will NOT be on the new NSX

1) Combined HP over 500.
2) Price over 140k or under 75k.
3) Turbo :(
4) Carbon fiber body.
5) Weight under 3300

6) 24month lease at 799/month exclusive to current NSX owners. :(

Back