Australian ASCC article

The powerplant is a big step up from original NSX's V6, which was never feisty enough to challenge Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Uhhh, what? The NSX was faster than the Ferrari until 1994 and then about the same until 1999. After that it still very much "challenged" Ferrari until 2004...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The NSX was also let down by far too much basic Honda hardware, including the switches and stalks from the baby Civic.

Has he seen the interiors of the 348 and the 355? Not much going on in there to write home about. I guess the gated shifter makes it all cool.

It has a full carbon fibre underbody and rear diffuser to generate Formula One-style downforce and its super-handling all-wheel-drive system...The mechanical package of the Honda concept includes 19-inch alloy front wheels with 20-inch rims on the rear, carbon-ceramic disc brakes with eight-piston calipers, a six-speed F1-style manual gearbox and fully-independent suspension.

Boy oh boy. I can't wait to see how Honda markets this thing. Is there anyone who really thinks Honda can sell this car for less than $75K? Carbon Fiber everywhere, ceramic brakes, F1 tranny...who are they fooling? Did Honda think this out?

Not to mention the performance on this car had better be on par with the Z06. Don't forget the Blue Devil (ZO7) is poking it's head around the corner...that thing will be as fast an an Enzo. The M6 isn't a worthy challenger. If Honda's going to call this the next NSX it needs to perform. The new Skyline is coming soon and for ~$70K it will be as fast as the ZO6. And forget about the LF-A--it's overpriced. But the next Supra is coming and that will also be as fast as the C6, maybe the ZO6.

I don't think they can price this car less than 90K. Not with the technology mentioned above. Will it sell? This is a tough market segment.

The E63 M6 sold less than 2,000 units in 2006 at ~$90K...sales will probably decline over the next 2 years. You'd think Honda is targeting the exact same buyer pool for the ASC as the M6...if mass sales is what they have in mind they are probably in for a shock.

I don't know what Honda's doing but they should have just tweaked the HSC like crazy, put in the 450HP V-10 or the S2000 2.0L x 2 for a 480HP V-8--which would have been the cheapest, most effective project and something they could have been developing since 1999. Talk about platform sharing...all that R & D to develop the 2.0L and it doesn't go anywhere...instead they're stuck with the same old C32 block trying to figure out ways to get 3.5L & 350HP out of it...:confused:

With a few concentrated tweaks, an F1 tranny and 450+ HP the HSC could have gone toe-to-toe with the F430 and Gallardo any day, especially since the F430's USA run is nearly over due to the bumper regulations.

With a few concentrated tweaks, an F1 tranny and 450+ HP the HSC could have gone toe-to-toe with the F430 and Gallardo any day, especially since the F430's USA run is nearly over due to the bumper regulations.

What happen if the ASCC out perform and F430 and Gallardo? Or even the SLR Vision? For $120 grand? Will people shut up about it?

Just have to wait and see. Even though I am a MR fan, but Front Midship car can do wonders also.

If the ASCC look as much of a pig as it does now and carries a V10 with SH-AWD, the challenge will be over before it starts because it will likely be a 3800 lbs car. M6 is 3900 lbs with 2wd, Ferrari 599 is 3500 lbs. F612 is 3800 lbs. Add another 200 lbs to the ASCC for your SH-AWD.

Your 2950 lbs Cayman/Boxster and your 2000 lbs Elise are tops in cornering, equaling or outperforming Ferraris without any fancy AWD. Low weight is key in cornering.

The only track the ASCC will kick some butt is the drag strip.

While I would like to stay open minded with the wait and see, I know Honda is pissing in the wind if they add this much weight.

:eek: OH no! this car sucks hard, i mean it's so ugly!!! i kinda hate the design of new GT-R and this car looks just like one. I dont believe honda built something like this. HSC was so cool, just needed a high reving V10 and more conservative rear (front was great). and why are they puting 6 speed? why not 7 speed, they must be more progressive i think. they are making the same mistake they did with original NSX making it 5 speed :(

I HATE THIS CONCEPT :(

I agree 100% with everything NSXGMS said!

However that would be assuming that this idiot of a journalist actually knows what he's talking about!

Show me which model civic the NSX took its switches and stalks from...

Wank3r!!!

Back