Austin Dealer looking for demos

I was at David McDavid Acura in Austin yesterday, and ended up talking with a salesman. Apparently they are looking for NSX owners who might be willing to demo their car to prospective buyers, since it's too expensive to just order an NSX and hope someone buys it. They said they'd basically drive it around the block with a customer, no hotrodding and reimburse you for your time. He mentioned a tank of gas and $200 or so. I gave him my info, but I have a slightly ratty '91. I thought I'd pass on the info to anyone else who might be interested, I don't have any interest in the deal, except if they use my car. The salesman's name was Roy Martinez, and the number from his card is 401-5940.

Thanks Bob...i gave them my info...i live less then 5 miles from there so would be nice to get some extra cash that i could automatically put to modifications :)

Sounds more like a sales ploy to get qualified buyers into the dealer and a good one at that. While they are out driving around in your car you are stuck in the showroom. Oh by the way if you buy a new car we will give you $200 off and a full tank of gas. :wink: It's like we need to take your trade for a test drive b4 we come up with a value and some how the keys get lost till you sign the contract for a new car. :mad:

You sound skeptical as me. :tongue: I really didn't get that feeling from them, and they didn't ask me to ask anyone else. But, if anyone has a bad experience regarding this whole deal, I'd really like to know.

I wouldn't want to be the guy who didn't return my keys with a scam like that.... :eek:

So, did anyone ever get taken up on this deal? They never called me, but I have a '91, which probably isn't what they want to show their customers. Just curious if anyone else did this.

Never heard from them....i at least have a 96-T. But i do know there are newer ones in town. I see a white 02+ near my house every so often, so would imagine they would ask those guys first.

Back