Auburn Auction results shows 2005 sold for record amount...

Wow! Good to see this and I hope the trend continues!

yep.
attachment.php

Yep, this is freaking amazing!

What's the consensus on the supercharger adding to the the final price of this car?

interesting, I think that supercharger added a fair bit to the value.

Personally I would like to buy a car with out a supercharger and add one myself if I wanted one in the first place. With the low mileage on this car I imagine the buyer was not too concerned with other parts being compromised by the extra HP. This car is, no doubt, going to sit in someone's climate controlled museum for years to come since any miles put on it will kill the value.

I can't see the supercharger being a big value added upgrade on this car. You can get a brand new one for not much more than 10K. The ad says it is worth 16K. I guess the install took like two weeks. Seeing how this car is not even broken in yet, I, like, Aluminsx, would rather do it myself if I really wanted one. Then I wouldn't have to worry that some hot shoe razed the crap out of what is a tight, still to be broken in motor.

I do not think the NSX is any different than other collectible cars in that top dollar is for mint condition vehicles that are presented exactly as they left the factory. That is my rationale for the supercharger not adding much if any value.

What's the consensus on the supercharger adding to the the final price of this car?

I think it would have sold for the same money with or without the CTSC.

It might have added a little value especially for a California buyer. What probably happened was that there were several interested buyers who got in a bidding war which drove the price up. I am also pretty darn sure whoever sold this car saved all of the Oem parts neatly packaged in boxes.

Wow, this is timely. Though not the same car, its a nice comp regardless. I just listed my '03 on BaT yesterday. We shall see....but it could be another barometer of the market.

Splinter, good luck with your BAT auction. Great car and I am sure we will all be rooting for you to set a new record.

This 05 Black NSX with Blower was here in Monterey at Mecum about a Month ago. Very nice car!! Got up to $125,000 and didn't meet reserve.Pretty sure it is the same car.Looks like they got a few thousand more at this last Auction

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-260184/2005-acura-nsx/

Last edited:
This 05 Black NSX with Blower was here in Monterey at Mecum about a Month ago. Very nice car!! Got up to $125,000 and didn't meet reserve.Pretty sure it is the same car.Looks like they got a few thousand more at this last Auction

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-260184/2005-acura-nsx/

It was the same car, yes. I think it's actually impressive that it hit $125k+ at not one but two auctions, proving that the $144k mark wasn't a complete fluke.

As far as the CTSC, the fact that it was dealer-installed may have added a bit to the price. If it was installed by anyone else after the fact, it would have probably hurt value in my opinion.

Wow, this is timely. Though not the same car, its a nice comp regardless. I just listed my '03 on BaT yesterday. We shall see....but it could be another barometer of the market.

From the comments on the auction, they seem to be loving it! S2000 values on BAT have softened lately. I don't think that will be the case with your NSX (and I hope it won't).

As an aside, it was interesting to see the "experts" chime in about NSX mast antennas.

From the comments on the auction, they seem to be loving it! S2000 values on BAT have softened lately. I don't think that will be the case with your NSX (and I hope it won't).

As an aside, it was interesting to see the "experts" chime in about NSX mast antennas.

Mast antennas are awesome! Especially the clunk, clunk, clunk sound they make when you turn the radio off.

Back