ATT. DFW NSXers.

ATTENTION DFW NSXers:
I am planning to have a weekend to helps all the nsx owners in dfw area to install their aftermarket parts that has been sitting in your closet for a long time, OR minor tune up for your baby. All I need is a place for us to get together and work on ours NSXes, I will bring most of the tools but if your have air tools is an A+++
Please list down what you want to do with your NSX and I will tell you that I can do it or finish the same day or not.
BTW, yours need to bring me drinks/foods to exchange
works.
Oki me first.
1- Re_install my HID, Re_paint my calipers
2- Dmathews: Change his dead side signal light bolts (you need to bring me a long a$$ screw driver man)
3- Whatisreal7: Install new Sparco Seats/Paint his old looking calipers
4- Evoking: This is a good time for you to do your brake to save some labor man.
5- I know somebody need to get that 2nd grinding gear fix ;)
6- YOUR NAME

Well hook um' horns (i think thats how it goes) I'm in for a tb and pump change, tranny and engine swap, fuel pump replacement, clutch replacement, SC install, but If you cant get all that done, I would be happy re-tightening my front lip spoiler. :tongue:

Hey DONWON,
I didnt know you've moved down here already. Your list is too long man, if you dont mind I will pick up your silver NSX and will have it back to you within a year with all service done by then.

donwon said:
Well hook um' horns (i think thats how it goes) I'm in for a tb and pump change, tranny and engine swap, fuel pump replacement, clutch replacement, SC install, but If you cant get all that done, I would be happy re-tightening my front lip spoiler. :tongue:

It will be atleast 2wks from now, and thanks for your offer, I will let you know a week or 2 in advance...but we might make a mess in your brand new garage :biggrin:

donwon said:
Oh yeah, Depending on the date, I may be able to offer up my place if you needed it.

I may/may not have a lift installed by mid-late June.

donwon said:

You better get with the program....it's Hook 'Em Horns"!

20050120-1_p44294-227-515h.jpg

Hey Mike

While we are at it, Like to paint my calipers too.

Mike don't forget about this weekend Laos New Year, if your still interested going.

yeah my sparco torinos will take a week to get here, and besides the seat install i just need to paint the calipers. I can offer up my place, but it only has a two-car garage...although right next to me (I am the end unit) is two parking spots under a big tree w/ shade, so if people want to utilize that its cool with me.

Allen

don't mess w/ nsx'es!

Any prospect of aftermarket headers/exhaust-manifolds being installed?!? :tongue:

If-so, I'll be there w/ my NSX, headers, and a large cooler of marinated-animalia of various species awaiting bbq'ing! :cool:

for heavier mods, we may have to wait until donwon's lift is in place in July. For now, we may have to resort to lighter and cosmetic mods.

Who's down for painting calipers this weekend? Saturday afternoon?

Re: don't mess w/ nsx'es!

Yep, heavy mods we need a lift to do it. When you ready to do the install dont forget the o2 wires extention otherwise your CEL will stay on.
Exhaust is no problem for that day.

Osiris_x11 said:
Any prospect of aftermarket headers/exhaust-manifolds being installed?!? :tongue:

If-so, I'll be there w/ my NSX, headers, and a large cooler of marinated-animalia of various species awaiting bbq'ing! :cool:

Who's down for painting calipers this weekend? Saturday afternoon?[/QUOTE]

Allen,
We need atleast 3hrs for prep/dry, why dont your wait till your seats come in too.

Last edited:
My place available but leaving town this weekend for a car show. I sugguest Shy Guy place i think he should be kool with that. J/k:biggrin: Dont get mad at me just playing man.

plan wisely...

Das ist sehr kuhl... ja!?!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I look fwd to that summer wrench-bench session!

Regarding caliper painting, this is just my personal insight...

Perhaps you can use the NSX DIY session to prep' your calipers/bracket for painting w/ enamel & clear-coat later. The caliper-refinishing process works bests over a few days... {for long-lasting, near-professional look}

Ex.

Materials:
~ plastic-sheeting/trash-bags/newspaper and painter's tape [$5.00]
~ 2 cans brake-cleaner spray [$2.50/each]
~ metal-bristle brush [$2.50]
~ metal-file [$2.50]
~ grinding/sanding attachments for sander/drill/rotary
~ wet-sandpaper: 600/800 & 1000/1200 [$7.50]
~ steel-wool [$2]
~ can of high-temp. primer (optional) [$5.50]
~ can of high-temp. enamel paint [$5.50]
~ can of high-temp. clear-coat [$5.50]

Prep:
- Cover fender, liner, and other body panels w/ plastic-sheeting & newspaper using painter's tape
- Use brake-cleaner spray: liberally use on caliper, bracket, etc'...
- Scrape and clean caliper & bracket w/ steel brush or wired-bristle attachment on drill or rotary device
- Respray brake-cleaner spray
- Using handheldsander, rotary, or file... smooth caliper & bracket surface to preferred level of satisfaction
- Wet-sand/steel-wool (medium-to-fine grit) prior to primer or initial enamel coverage

Day 1a:
- Layer of high-temp. primer or superficial coat of high-temp. enamel (acts like 'wetter')
- Let dry (very short interval: few minutes)
- 1st coat of high-temp. enamel coat
- Let dry (short interval: 15-20 minutes)
- 2nd coat of high temp. enamel
- Let dry (long interval: overnite or 8-10hrs)

Day 1b:
- Wet-sand/steel-wool (medium-to-fine grit)
- 3rd coat of high temp. enamel
- Let dry (short interval: few minutes if planning 4th enamel coat)
(long interval: overnite or 6-8hrs if planning clear-coat next)
- *optional 4th coat of high temp. enamel
- Let dry (long interval: overnite or 6-8hrs)

Day 2a:
- Wet-sand/steel-wool (fine grit)
- Superficial coat of high temp. clear-coat (acts like 'wetter')
- Let dry (very short interval... few minutes)
- 1st coat of high-temp. clear-coat
- Let dry (short interval: 15-20 minutes)
- 2nd coat of high-temp. clear-coat

Day 2b:
- Wet-sand/steel-wool (fine grit)
- 3rd coat of high-temp. clear-coat

Day 3:
- Wet-sand (ultra fine-grit)
- Polish/wax/buff
- Scrape/grind 'NSX' letters w/ file or rotary device (Dremel)

I got stuff:
1. Install new Momo steering wheel and SOS hub
2. Install painted Vinney's side skirts with SOS bracket kit
3. Install HID headlight kit
4. Install complete Alpine stereo system with floor sub.
5. Install new trans. allready has short gears and type R ring/pinion.
6. Install MargiHill front bumper

Just kidding about 4 & 5, I will have done by pros....But #6 would be nice!!:biggrin:

Goldie Loc said:
I want to take my supercharger out and put in my twin turbo kit can it be done this weekend in my garage.:biggrin:

What are you going to do with your supercharger? :biggrin:.
Twin turbo kit; sounds like fun. I'm down.

Hey Mike, we can work in the parking garage behind my Quiznos. It has plenty of covered parking and outlets.

Yum yum, I like to race with a turbo NSX:wink:
Are you around dfw area ?

Goldie Loc said:
I want to take my supercharger out and put in my twin turbo kit can it be done this weekend in my garage.:biggrin:

[/QUOTE]Hey Mike, we can work in the parking garage behind my Quiznos. It has plenty of covered parking and outlets.[/QUOTE]

Hey Sam,
Thanks, but I got a location now. Are you down ?
MP

UPDATED !
I will have the installs weekend at my NEW shop (ARLINGTON,TX.)
we can fit all the car in the garage, so you have till the end of the month
to orders whatever you needs for your NSX. I am looking at the first week
of JUNE (06/03/75).
BONUS: You can see my new project of a HSC in person.

I will be in Asia first half of June for business trip, so probably can't make that time. If its right before, or right after, I am totally down to check out the new shop! Is this just a hobby of yours, or are you going to turn it into a business?

Back