At Long Last ... New Owner of a 92' Berlina/Black

Welcome to the ownership club. Enjoy.

geez where are all these low miles cars coming from Jesus? LOL very nice find looks exactly like mine.

have fun and drive the hell outta it since its really almost brand new. the previous owners didn't get to enjoy the car like I HOPE you do. rack up 100K miles and say you have really owned and NSX

not purchased one to sell it one day with the same amount of miles when they purchased it.

don't fall victim to the garage queen " look at whats in my garage " mentality drive it.

another member on NSXPrime is famous for saying " not driving your NSX is like not banging your Girlfriend keeping her tight and fresh for the next guy that knocks it outta the park "

you are that next guy drive your NSX till you die.

Looks like a great buy. Do you plan on attending Cars and Coffee next month? A few of us make it out a few times a year, there's a good group of NSX owners in the Houston area. Feel free to Pm me with any questions.

Great choice, I think i want those wheels vs my fat 5's, Congrats!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

geez where are all these low miles cars coming from Jesus? LOL very nice find looks exactly like mine.

have fun and drive the hell outta it since its really almost brand new. the previous owners didn't get to enjoy the car like I HOPE you do. rack up 100K miles and say you have really owned and NSX

not purchased one to sell it one day with the same amount of miles when they purchased it.

don't fall victim to the garage queen " look at whats in my garage " mentality drive it.

another member on NSXPrime is famous for saying " not driving your NSX is like not banging your Girlfriend keeping her tight and fresh for the next guy that knocks it outta the park "

you are that next guy drive your NSX till you die.

Thanks! I put my first 50 miles on her last night and it was all smiles! Plan on many more!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a great buy. Do you plan on attending Cars and Coffee next month? A few of us make it out a few times a year, there's a good group of NSX owners in the Houston area. Feel free to Pm me with any questions.

Thanks! And yes, I plan to go to C&C as often as I can. I have been going for the past year with a couple exceptions where my work schedule didn't permit. One of the things I look forward to most is taking my son and two daughters (once they are old enough to ride shotgun) for some one-on-one time to things like C&C. Let me know when the next time the NSX owners are planning to meet up and I will join for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Great choice, I think i want those wheels vs my fat 5's, Congrats!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks! This one ticked all the right boxes for me.

Congrats, great buy, was wondering who going to pick her up

Here are a couple cell phone pictures as "proof" from last night. I will post better daylight pictures when I get a chance. As a funny anecdote, when my son sat in the car for the first time, he said "Dad, it smells like black chocolate special sauce" with a big smile on his face. His way of describing the fresh smell of leather.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 150
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 127
Congrats!!! Just picked up a minty 92 blk/blk last month myself....get ready for lots of attention and driving like this :biggrin: for years....

Congrats!!! Just picked up a minty 92 blk/blk last month myself....get ready for lots of attention and driving like this :biggrin: for years....

Thanks! Our cars are very similar! I am hoping to get out of the office early to get a little road time in this afternoon!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats, great buy, was wondering who going to pick her up

I felt obligated ;) given that the seller lived 5 minutes from me and had met a few times before (I didn't know he owned an NSX until just recently).

Here are a couple cell phone pictures as "proof" from last night. I will post better daylight pictures when I get a chance. As a funny anecdote, when my son sat in the car for the first time, he said "Dad, it smells like black chocolate special sauce" with a big smile on his face. His way of describing the fresh smell of leather.

Garner, what kind of liquid leather sauce do you Texans pour on your desserts?

Big congrats to you! Gem of a find! Low miles, few owners, recent maintenance, few mods, nicer wheels, some exhaust upgrades...a gem! I spent 6+ months looking nationwide for a black 300zx 5-speed fifteen years ago, hoping to get a memorable road trip drive home out if it. Bought the first one that met all my criteria just seven minutes away, waking up from winter 98-99 hibernation in a warm, dry garage in Westland, MI. Funny how the right one finds you sometimes.

And what is it about these NSX's that retain a new car / leather smell after so many years? I'm astonished also how mine smells like a baseball glove. Maybe NSX's retain the new car leather smell from owners not eating or smoking in it, not killing the mats and carpeting with snowy/wet winter shoes, not exposing the car to temperature extremes, and/or the fact that the leather makes up probably 20% of the exposed surface area in the cabin...who knows but I love it.

Congrats again! Super find! In for the pics.

Here is one of my son next to the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Garner, what kind of liquid leather sauce do you Texans pour on your desserts?

This was a new one for me to. :) And I would be amiss without a big shout out to Yinzer, Yoslow and Brian at Source1. Thanks for coaching me throughout my search!

Attachments

• NSX and G.jpg
    NSX and G.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 490
Yinzer, Yoslow, and Brian...

If I ever form a law practice or Russian circus act, I know whom I want to join up with!

Here is one of my son next to the car.

Garner, you're very welcome, was glad to help! And that's one happy looking future owner in front of a great looking NSX. Stock, black, and fantastic wheels. Win, win, win!

Congrats and welcome to the owners club! As a new owner, you might want to familiarize yourself to the NSX Wiki if you haven't already done so. You can find it on the red action bar at the top of most pages. There's a section on maintenance stuff and a section on mods that might come in useful. Also an online copy of a shop manual. Enjoy. Most owners will tell you that you will have fewer problems if you regularly 'exercise' it.

Im glad you found one awesome my 92 looks exactly like yours but mine is lowered 2 inches makes the car handle better

Congrats and welcome to the owners club! As a new owner, you might want to familiarize yourself to the NSX Wiki if you haven't already done so. You can find it on the red action bar at the top of most pages. There's a section on maintenance stuff and a section on mods that might come in useful. Also an online copy of a shop manual. Enjoy. Most owners will tell you that you will have fewer problems if you regularly 'exercise' it.

Thanks. I found NSX Wiki to be invaluable in my search and expect it to remain so as an owner. Thanks for the tips ... I will be sure to exercise it regularly!

- - - Updated - - -

Im glad you found one awesome my 92 looks exactly like yours but mine is lowered 2 inches makes the car handle better

Thanks! I appreciate your help throughout this process as well. I will have to pick your brain should I decide to lower it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yinzer, Yoslow, and Brian...

If I ever form a law practice or Russian circus act, I know whom I want to join up with!

:) Law is overrated! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!! I sent that car to a few friends telling them to buy it! It looked like a good deal. Enjoy it!

Thanks! I will definitely enjoy it. FYI - if your friends are still in the market. There is a 92 Berlina/Black with 34K miles being offered for $35K in Dallas. It is in snap ring and owner can't verify whether that has been addressed, otherwise, it is a near carbon copy to the one I just picked up!

- - - Updated - - -

A sister 92 NSX in Houston! Congrats!

Glad to be part of the Houston NSX family!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! That for sale ad was sitting in my favorites bookmark bar since I first saw it, haha!

Can't wait to see some better photos! Congrats!

Thanks! Didn't get to get her out much for photos. I was at soccer games and tee-ball practices most of the day and then it started into raining. I will post more pictures as soon as I can! Realizing I need to invest in a better camera.

Three more pics from tonight ...

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 76
Back