As early as next year??

Can't imagine them being that far along and we haven't even seen a prototype??

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/259530/

New Honda NSX confirmed
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Honda's R&D chief Mibe Toshihiro has confirmed to Autocar that work is underway to produce a new sportscar in the mould of the iconic Honda NSX - and separate reports suggest it could be on sale as early as next year.
Responding to comments made by Honda president Takanobu Ito about the new NSX, Toshihiro said that Honda was ready to start work on the next generation of its electric and hybrid vehicles, and suggested that a new sportscar would be evaluated as part of that project.

"We are now at a point where we can consider the next generation of electric and hybrid vehicles," said Toshihiro while speaking at the Global Automotive Forum in Chengdu, China. "President Ito has already mentioned a new NSX, and we have looked at that in the R&D department. It would be an interesting project - electric or hybrid vehicles can be fun as well as economical. More than that I cannot say."
Ito previously suggested that the new NSX would be a different vehicle to the original NSX, which weighed 1350kg and had 290bhp.

Reports have suggested that a concept car hinting at the new Honda NSX could be shown at next month's Tokyo motor show, with a production car being shown early in 2012, ahead sales beginning later next year. However, timescales for the project are said to be flexible, as Japan continues to recover from disruption following the earthquake earlier this year.

Honda has also confirmed it will put its first full electric vehicle and a plug-in hybrid on sale in limited numbers in Japan, China and the US next year.
For the full story on the next Honda NSX, including Honda president Ito's thoughts on the car and its possible powertrain.

Glad to see you're always on top of any new development of the next NSX, but this sound a little too good to be true and at this point I will be excited when I actually see the concept car.

Glad to see you're always on top of any new development of the next NSX, but this sound a little too good to be true and at this point I will be excited when I actually see the concept car.

LOL Thanks always looking for any little tidbits. If it's actually at the Toyko show next month I'll be completely shocked:eek:

Was it Thomas, the Jesus disciple that only believed what he can see?

That's the mode I'm taking....

Oh snap Bats and I agree on something:biggrin:

I will fly to CA and stand in line with my check book for the new NSX.
like the morons that stand in line for the new I-Craps

I will get a Coupe not a T and a 8-speed transmission, I want all the options available like
roll down windows and a Freaking better cup holder.

where do I sign up?

but then you wonder if I will get one with a snap ring issue that will only effect XXX-XXXX numbers LOL

Last edited:
Shawn. LOL on the snapring and cupholder jabs.

If the "new" NSX is truly an NSX,(rather then some watered
down POS) price will be 125k+.

Shawn. LOL on the snapring and cupholder jabs.

If the "new" NSX is truly an NSX,(rather then some watered
down POS) price will be 125k+.

That will be the dealer adjusted price. They're shooting for GTR price.

I'm taking deposit on it, just PM me for the payment information...:biggrin:

Back