Arrows on my NSX

So... does anybody know if the arrows still have to match for an NSX that's been lowered? I suppose that a lowered vehicle could be at one end of the ball joint's rotation limit and moving the arrows away from pointing to each other could "re-center" the ball joint.
J
This was my thinking as well.

Last edited:

I like that. Broinkrist, looks like you really enjoying our show and eventually became part of the show yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Both of my 05s had a Marker line through by the arrows and across the bolt. I guess the later years they did that to make sure nothing moved and if it did they could put it back to spec?

I think Acura put Marker line through by the arrows and across the bolt on the later year models because people been ignoring the importance of the arrows on the earlier year NSX and created enough issues for Acura to address it. For example, if you moved the line and causing the ball joint to not have enough travel space thus the ball joints or rear tires wore out faster than it should be, Acura wouldn't honor the warranty even though it is still under the warranty period.

Last edited:
So... does anybody know if the arrows still have to match for an NSX that's been lowered?
Yes.
I suppose that a lowered vehicle could be at one end of the ball joint's rotation limit and moving the arrows away from pointing to each other could "re-center" the ball joint.
No. The idea is to give the ball joints the biggest range of motion possible (not have them bind across full range of suspension travel). There is no re-centering to be done here at different ride heights. Lowering a vehicle does not change the outer bounds of the suspension travel, just where in that travel the car sits when static (and how it moves within that range).

Back