• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Ark DTS Exhaust Install

Well I spent this morning intalling my Ark DTS exhaust along with a comptech carbon fiber airbox. I wish I would have started the car between the air box install and the exhaust to figure out which had what affect.

Anyway the install of the exhaust was 45 min and the airbox was 1.5 hours (if I had to do another one it would be 45 min).

All I can say is that I just fell in love with my NSX all over again. The sound coming out of this beast is amazing. I can not believe the difference - I mean it. I was worried about it being too load, especially in the cabin, but it is perfect. I would not change a thing. It gives an amazing deep sound... man it's awesome... I can not believe it took we this long to do this.

If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. And oh yea, the stainless looks awesome.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Did you put your car on stands or did you use a ramp? I'm thinking of installing one myself.

joeker said:
Did you put your car on stands or did you use a ramp? I'm thinking of installing one myself.

Neither.

I had a floor jack on one side since I had to take off my driver side tire to do the air box. I left the tire off and that's all I needed. It was one of the easiest things I've done in a long time. Getting the old one off was easy and putting the new one on was even easier because it was so much lighter.

I hope you do it, you will not be disappointed... I love it!

what prep work did you do the night before? Did you soak the screws in WD 40? I have an air impact wrench which I think would do the job.

I did the same job and soaked the bolts in a product called "PB Blaster" or something like that. I soaked them only for maybe 10min or so. They came right off with hand tools. Exhaust changeout is a very simple DIY job.

Good luck, RJ

I sprayed the bolts 3 hours before hand with PB blaster... not sure I neded to do it but we'll never know. I used a regular 3/4" drive ratchet and had no problem what so ever. I too had my air compressor and impact wrench ready to go but didn't need it.

emdoller said:
Well I spent this morning intalling my Ark DTS exhaust along with a comptech carbon fiber airbox. I wish I would have started the car between the air box install and the exhaust to figure out which had what affect.

Anyway the install of the exhaust was 45 min and the airbox was 1.5 hours (if I had to do another one it would be 45 min).

All I can say is that I just fell in love with my NSX all over again. The sound coming out of this beast is amazing. I can not believe the difference - I mean it. I was worried about it being too load, especially in the cabin, but it is perfect. I would not change a thing. It gives an amazing deep sound... man it's awesome... I can not believe it took we this long to do this.

If you haven't done it, I highly recommend it. And oh yea, the stainless looks awesome.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great you like it. It took long time decision. but I guess ARK made a customer satisfaction again... You will feel better & better.

Thanks

When I did my I just bought some ramps and liquid wrench. I soaked the bolts the night before. I used a breaker bar and they eventually came off. It was not that easy...I think ramps are alot easier then using jack stands it takes alot less effort and there is a lot of room under the car.I got mine on sale at autozone 19.99 a couple of months ago....

Do you need to buy new bolts and/or gaskets for this job? In case you break a bolt. Do they usually come with the exhaust?

They came with everything you need. I just got back from a drive... I LOVE IT!!

Back