Are wraps really worth it??

So I have been contemplating a vinyl wrap for my nsx because the paint, I beleive is past correction but I dunno. I have seen a few lamborghinis wrapped that all had bubbles and flaws when looking close. But then I see guys on here with very clean wrapped nsx's. I was on the fence. Then I went out for sushi last night at Sasa in downtown Walnut Creek California. If your ever in the area, eat there! It's like a wet dream wrapped in rice.:biggrin:
So What do I see? The valet spot out front has a gul wing Mercedes Benz with a wrap job. One of the same cars I saw on the track when I met 1K2go at Sonoma raceway. Only this time, the car looked like it went through a hail storm in Oklahoma. See for yourself, I was not feeling it at all....
Paint shows when it is painstakingly finished while wraps are like window tint. Am I wrong? I'm still unsure.
Put it pains me to see such a high quality car look like an autozone fueled plasti-dip run on a Saturday and finished by late evening. I guess I really need to see a wrapped nsx prior to pulling the trigger.

View attachment 123261View attachment 123262

- - - Updated - - -

The owner gave me a business card for the people who wrapped it. I said oh wow, thank you!
For reference, this was the SLS at Sonoma raceway. You decide which looks like a terd.

View attachment 123263

Get your NSX wrapped @ Imperial Works in Sacramento, CA. You can reach them @ (916) 238-8583, and reviews can be seen on their Yelp page :cool:

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but it seems like the wrap is fine.. it's the color choice that was the issue. I can't say I'm feeling the color plus the fact that it's a matte color too.

It's hard to tell from your pictures, but it seems like the wrap is fine.. it's the color choice that was the issue. I can't say I'm feeling the color plus the fact that it's a matte color too.
This may be 101 on how to make great looking car look like pos.

There's a friend of mine that has a nsx wrapped in blue and it looks like paint! No flaws or bubbles. It's perfect . If I had a black car I'd wrap it just to keep the compartments from standing out so much.

I even thought about wrapping it gloss red since my paint is horrible but I think I'm just going to get things painted when it's time.

If I do end up wrapping mine, it will probably be black over black. Just to keep things flowing normally.

I would respray and then clearbra. The wrap is a trend that will die.

I would respray and then clearbra. The wrap is a trend that will die.

Respectfully disagree.... It's not going anywhere anytime soon and is only getting more and more popular... There is no better way to do a color change, especially on exotics, then a wrap... It's a fraction of the price of paint, it doesn't ruin the value, it protects the original paint and you can always go back to original color when ever you want... That's why you are seeing more and more exotics with wraps...check out www.paintisdead.com

I love mine and get nothing but compliments on it, I have to tell people it's a wrap or they have no idea it's a wrap...I always get the same response "wow"

the key is having it done right, by the right shop, no cuts, no seems and in the right color... I am not a fan of the matte look at all, especially that matte red in the OP, that is pretty ugly IMO .
There is all sorts of colors and looks that paint just can't do.

Now, if you just want to stay the same color, then paint is the way to go.... If you want to change the color and not kill the value by doing a paint color change, then there is nothing better then a wrap IMO .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I agree with the comment above. Wrapping is here to stay and I personally have been thinking about getting mine done with white (glossy never liked the matte look). I think wrapping in any matte color is a trend and I think that will die.

I agree to disagree that some will agree while others disagree to not agree, respectfully of course; I am a fan of matte colors but not a fan of wraps as due to the simple fact that I can always spot cuts on what I suspect are hard to wrap areas and are not able to just cover the surface with one pice of material (like shrink wrap) there for a cut is made and continued with a second pice of material or a sharp corner will have a cut causing a seam other than that I have seen nicely done wraps but the above mentioned was enough to not want to have my car wrapped, rather painted in a matte color, either way they are both here to stay, wether it be due to personal preference,cost,convenience, OEM options (matte paint now for many exotics) and the ones that like the look like me:smile:

Respectfully disagree.... It's not going anywhere anytime soon and is only getting more and more popular... There is no better way to do a color change, especially on exotics, then a wrap... It's a fraction of the price of paint, it doesn't ruin the value, it protects the original paint and you can always go back to original color when ever you want... That's why you are seeing more and more exotics with wraps...check out www.paintisdead.com

I love mine and get nothing but compliments on it, I have to tell people it's a wrap or they have no idea it's a wrap...I always get the same response "wow"

the key is having it done right, by the right shop, no cuts, no seems and in the right color... I am not a fan of the matte look at all, especially that matte red in the OP, that is pretty ugly IMO .
There is all sorts of colors and looks that paint just can't do.

Now, if you just want to stay the same color, then paint is the way to go.... If you want to change the color and not kill the value by doing a paint color change, then there is nothing better then a wrap IMO .

If you wrap it then do it like a boss

c6738793390b954317c6708fc85e4868.jpg

Your nsx here makes me want to wrap mine. It looks very good. But I keep on going back and forth wondering if I should just re spray.

That was my dilemma also...but I figure I'd save some money and do a color I've been wanting for sometime now, so I went the wrap route and have been loving it ever since... The place you were referred to in post #2 does great work at a good price..give them a call.

If you want to stay same color then just respray it with paint.

Back