Are Australia and New Zealand the new "Hollywood"?

Both the "Lord of the Rings" and "Matrix" are shot down under. Is the new fad to shoot down under?

This may give Paul Hogan a second chance to make more movies?

Yeah, appears that way.
In Melbourne there's a huge media center being developed ... i'd love to get into that industry (man, i would be seeking every opportunity to get NSX's into films & stuff :D ) Who knows i might.

The new trend is because we already have superb infrastructure for the film industry, plus our dollar is low so you boyz in the USA get value for money. :) I think also the directors like our blond chicks. :rolleyes:

<B>This may give Paul Hogan a second chance to make more movies?</B>

oh no... he started out good, then the scripts got really bad...

I hear 2Fast2Furious2boring might be made in Sydney!!

Paul Walker is to be replaced by Paul Hogan!! :eek:

NeoNSX you get to drive the brand new NSX2, all decked out in awesome louis vuitton colors!! :p

NeoNSX said:
Yeah, appears that way.
In Melbourne there's a huge media center being developed ... i'd love to get into that industry (man, i would be seeking every opportunity to get NSX's into films & stuff :D ) Who knows i might.

The new trend is because we already have superb infrastructure for the film industry, plus our dollar is low so you boyz in the USA get value for money. :) I think also the directors like our blond chicks. :rolleyes:

<B>This may give Paul Hogan a second chance to make more movies?</B>

oh no... he started out good, then the scripts got really bad...

Don't know how long we'll be basking the glory.. cos the Aussie and NZ dollar has appreciated 50% since both these trilogies were made.

Oh yeah when Laurence was in Sydney he drove a blue Diablo plates "DEVIL 6".

Another people forgot to mention is Star wars trilogy made here in Sydney.

Paul Walker loves OZ cos of all the GTR's here cos he is an owner himself.

NSX_Dreamer said:
I hear 2Fast2Furious2boring might be made in Sydney!!

hehehe... i'll have to submit a script. :D
ok ok ... how's this:

a group of rice-dudes steal a nuclear warhead. The only way to find it is to send in an undercover cop guy to win their gang's trust. He drives the MYNSX. :D (WOOHOOO!!!) They street-race. somehow there is the need for a scene in a strip-club (looks good for preview trailers :D ). good guy beats bad guy and takes his keys ... and his girl. nuke is recovered. world peace restored. bad guy gets run over by a train. everyone lives happily everafter (except bad guy)

ok ok ... how'z that? how do we pad-it out to two hours?

oh, btw, the bad guyz all drive Honda's/Acura WITHOUT hideous paint-jobs/colours. :D

Great script NeoNSX!! Way better than the first or second 2Fast movies for shizzle!!

I didn't know that Star Wars movies were made in Sydney!! Wow, does that explain why the Star Wars prequels suck - cause they weren't made in Sydney?? :eek:

NSX dreamer- Not the original Star Wars trilogy but the prequels.. most set productions and some post were done here at Fox studios in sydney. No on locations were done here.

NSXBOX.....
How do you like driving your NSX in Sydney???? Do you get alot of speeding tickets cause of the speed cameras???

if he lived in Melbourne, he would be more likely to get speeding
tickets. we seem to be the testbed for speed cameras here.
dozens of new fixed speed/red-light cameras have been installed on intersections all around the place, and there's been a fiasco
regarding speed cameras on some freeways clocking people at
30km over when they weren't!

(eg. one lady was booked doing 159km in a car that couldn't do that speed.)

sydney is renoun for expensive parking. $15ph in the CBD! :eek:

NeoNSX said:
if he lived in Melbourne, he would be more likely to get speeding
tickets. we seem to be the testbed for speed cameras here.
dozens of new fixed speed/red-light cameras have been installed on intersections all around the place, and there's been a fiasco
regarding speed cameras on some freeways clocking people at
30km over when they weren't!

(eg. one lady was booked doing 159km in a car that couldn't do that speed.)

sydney is renoun for expensive parking. $15ph in the CBD! :eek:

Thanks NEO...
Ive been to Oz 5 times in the past couple years (married there last year, my wife is a sydneysider) and we LOVE it there and think about moving back in the future. I want to know if getting an NSX is truly worth it with all the traffic and speed cameras (cause I KNOW I will probably get points off my license, unless I can get an international license)....hmmmmm

thats why you go for a drive in the northern territory and speed to your hearts content. Or the great ocean road, or the.....
many places to be besides sydney.

Austarlia's highways

While Australia is very pretty the roads are well .... secondary. I cannot see how one could enjoy a fast car there. Comparing to the US (not to mention German autobahns) Australia is still behind. Moreover, there are many drivers there (non- Australians I might add) that should be doing everything else but driving.
As for movies, if you ever venture to Cooper Pedy (spell??) you will find a lot of cool folks and have a chance to visit locations were movies like: Dark Pitch, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Mad Max, Red Planet and several others were filmed. :)

T Bell said:
You guys have too many deadly spiders and snakes for me! I would have to sleep with one eye open :eek:

I heard about the funnel web before the 1st time I went down to OZ....I DIDNT sleep much!!!!!! and the huntman spider is like the taratula...just not deadly, but common, very hairy and would KILL me by heart-attack! And what doesnt kill you on land, the SEA will.....
Im surprised the population is more than 2! they have some NASTY things down there!!!!
But it sure is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

the animals arent so bad, its a big land space! You have a great chance of surviving.;) The Huntsman spiders are hideous but relatively harmless. They walk like all ther legs are broken, creepy!

I cannot see how one could enjoy a fast car there

Some roads are bad and some are very good. Unless you have been to every state and seen the roads its not any easy judgement to make. Adelaide hills for one has lambourghini and porsche owners (that i know of) testing the LIMITS of their cars in the dead of night.

All the various racers would disagree with you too im sure!

The cannonball run was very succesful until a Japanese dude killed himself in his ferrari.

The rally held in Adelaide is world famous with some open tracks also on public roads. http://www.classicadelaide.com.au/ca/index.asp

http://www.targa.org.au is another

there are many many more places to enjoy your car (non-competiton) in Oz.

Like saying, i cannot imagine living a good life in America without getting shot :rolleyes:

Last edited:
thanks guys for your remarks....
I would get an NSX in OZ cause i know the roads arent secondary (secondary is MEXICO!!!!!!!:eek: )...ill try to get an international license...:D , that way i cant have points taken if I do get busted! Now if I can import one from Japan??!!! MAN those NSX's are EXPENSIVE in OZ!!!

roads in OZ & NZ

The roads are secondary but they are much much better than in Mexico (ask me how I know). However, when you compare them to W. Europe or North America (again excluding Mexico), they are not as smooth, quiet, safe, wide, well maintained, or comfortable. Most of the roads that I have travelled on in New Zeland were narrow with one line going in each direction. Same for Australia. Both countries are super pretty, however, becuase of lack of population (NZ 3 - 4 million, OZ close to 20mil), their roads are .... well comparable to our local state roads.

Back