April 25-27, 2008 Grand Prix of Houston - ALMS/Champ Car race

I was thinking 3-day reserved ($84). This would be in rows 14-19, so I believe that would be near the top as Paul recommended.

I tried to check ticket availability, but I don't see a way to choose the grandstand with the reserved. :confused: I do see an option to pick for SuperTicket, though.

...Mitch! I can't believe it! Looking forward to hanging out with you and Lesley again. Maybe Umar will join us, too.

So, I gather you'll be flying in to Austin(?) When you have a chance, give me an idea of what day(s) you plan to be at the Grand Prix, so we can figure out caravan and other logistics. We might be able to squeeze in some Texas Hill Country routes in, too. ;)

First, we need to get Umar to wash his freaking car! If he doesn't wash it, I will. :biggrin:

I am all for some Hill Country drives! The last round of them convinced me that I needed to go back to OEM tires after seeing how well your silver NSX stuck to the curves. :cool:

Hi there, Nisha here. My husband Chris and I are good friends of Ojas' and a few other NSX owners around Austin. I've been poking in here to see what section people are buying so we can plan ahead. I too am having issues getting upper-rows GS5 reserved (non-superticket) seats. Anyone have any luck getting those particular ones, over the phone or otherwise?

First, we need to get Umar to wash his freaking car! If he doesn't wash it, I will. :biggrin:

Assuming we're talking about the same Umar, we washed & waxed that baby about a month ago so I can only hope he kept it at least somewhat clean... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Quick update - I just spoke to Mark Johnson with the Houston GP about the GS5 3-day reserved tickets and it looks like Ticketmaster doesn't have the correct options on their site. They verified that there are plenty of GS5 seats available so it's not an availability issue.

He emailed me an order form with the ticket options. It's a whopping $2 per ticket handling fee through them (way less than Ticketmaster's fees) so I'd be happy to forward that email to anyone who wants it. Wish I could've gotten this earlier so I could share the savings with those who already purchased tickets...

Thanks Nisha!
icon14.gif

I also inquired about getting some sort of special parking area. It looks like they might be able to setup a small corral for several NSXs. I’ll keep you posted. :wink:

..Assuming we're talking about the same Umar, we washed & waxed that baby about a month ago so I can only hope he kept it at least somewhat clean... :rolleyes:

Yeah, we are talking about the same Umar. Thank goodness someone washed that freaking car!! When I saw it a little over a year ago he said he had not washed it in almost 2 years!! He said there may have been 1 wash the year before that, but only 1. :eek: Who does that?? I was shocked. :eek:

My old Taitec JGTC exhaust is on there....so if he lets the rest of the car go, at least make him clean his exhaust...or at least the tips. :cool: :wink:

Hey there Nisha,
I was wondering if i could trouble you for all the info on the event. I am going to buy our ticket this week. I really dont know where to begin with all of this and my husband is really wanting to go. I just want to make sure that I buy the right tickets at the right seating location. Thanks in advance... see ya there!!

Oh.. Ojas, I talk to Patrick Hart from H-town and he said that he's down with all the old friends from the past.. he's looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hey there Nisha,
I was wondering if i could trouble you for all the info on the event. I am going to buy our ticket this week. I really dont know where to begin with all of this and my husband is really wanting to go.

Just pm me your email address and I'll forward the original email and order form. :)

I heard this morning that the entire Houston event was cancelled? :frown:

Something about the 2 companies that put on the event merged into one company and they eliminated the Houston event as a result... anyone else hear anything?

That's too bad. :(

As long as the spring wildflower run isn't cancelled due to merger of NSX Craze and NSteXpo, I think I'll be OK. :)

Son of a *$#@^&%. I just got clearance to go from the wife.:mad: This suck ass. It was going to be my 1st year to go.:frown:

Wow - that really SUX!:mad: Sorry guys, maybe next year.

David - you could always just sign up for a TDE track wknd. It is a lot more fun.

Wait a second. So this is cancelled? Freaking hell!! I have plane tickets that I cannot get refunded for this event!! ARGH!! :mad:

Back