img07859xa.jpg

img07872al.jpg

img07886fy.jpg

img07894ys.jpg

img07902zs.jpg

img07929dd.jpg

woohoo! what a day!
img07969nx.jpg

Truth be told I did have a run-in with the pit wall on the last run of the day..kinda crap way to end the day but it's not too bad and should have it fixed in a couple weeks. Accelerated out of a fairly slow corner and caught a little grass, tried to save it and caught traction at totally the wrong time..slide sideways and kissed the front off the wall. The car was hauling some serious ass and both I and the instructor were maybe a little too excited about how far we could push the car given it's my first time out. Oh well it's at the shop as we speak being fixed up...at least no one can accuse me of taking it easy lol. You gotta pay to play..looking forward to he next track day. :D

Cheers

Joel

Sorry to hear about the mishap Joel, but Im glad to hear youre going to get back in the saddle.

You will probably learn that unless you are getting paid to drive at 10/10ths, then it is probably better staying below 9/10ths. And believe me, you can have tons of fun still. It just IS NOT WORTH IT to push too hard, and you have to understand where your limits are.

<ahem> The biggest tradgedy is when these cars dont get driven </ahem>.

Just take it easy and all should be great.

Last edited:
SPA_S2000 said:
<ahem> The biggest tradgedy is when these cars dont get driven </ahem>

We gotta get you guys with the Garage Queens out!!!!

Not to mention any names (I wouldn't want embarrass Arshad, Johnny or Bram:wink: ) but some guys just don't properly enjoy their machinery!

Your tires and brakes will hardly notice a Driver Education event like Yesterdays. And, if you don't push it you'll just have fun.

To this end, Joel and I were talking, we're gonna book a Go Kart day for a Sunday afternoon soon!

Who's in???:biggrin:

For those who know:

I'd like to point out that in the first picture I am not "missing the apex:eek: " by a car width but instead, I'm driving the rain line:wink:

The second shot has me in the almost dry!:biggrin:

Attachments

• rain line.jpg
    rain line.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 40
  • 944 dryish 2.jpg
    944 dryish 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 50
Great pics Joel, thanks for posting! Looks like everyone had an awesome time, especially on that skid pad :-) Really sorry to hear about your incident with the wall -- not a great thing to happen ever, but especially on your first time out. I'm glad to hear it hasn't dampened your enthusiasm though!

Not to mention any names (I wouldn't want embarrass Arshad, Johnny or Bram

Bahahahaha! Yeah yeah -- I'll join you guys this year (I'm notorious for saying that every year though, right Rui?)

I'm definitely up for go-karting, let me know when and where!

yeah no big deal..pay to play hehe.. the motor will be out tomorrow morning and it will be off the to body shop. Thankfully my car is not all aluminum ;)

^^Aint that the truth!

I had fun as the day dried up. Im VERY happy with how my car is running. The CTSC is great and all, but what I love most about the car is the way it rotates. Ive got TODA coilovers, NSXR chassis bars, CT sway bar (front only installed), and non compliant clamps; the combo of all of the above is working amazing.

Back