April 14th Meet and Drive!!!!!!!!

Red

Legendary Member
Come to Mosport for a spring driving and talking session - only $250!!!!

This is geared towards ametures and people looking to warm up for the upcoming season. I'm gonna be there for sure - you should be there too. If you're not going to drive on track - come out anyway! You can sit and talk cars - lunch is $10 (you need to book in advance) and the experience is great!

It is using the Mosport DDT (Driver Development Track) not full Mosport - so its lots of fun and not too hard on cars or drivers.

I'll get u the info - send me an email!

(right now he's undersubscribed, so book it fast):wink:

Red said:
Come to Mosport for a spring driving and talking session - only $250!!!!

This is geared towards ametures and people looking to warm up for the upcoming season. I'm gonna be there for sure - you should be there too. If you're not going to drive on track - come out anyway! You can sit and talk cars - lunch is $10 (you need to book in advance) and the experience is great!

It is using the Mosport DDT (Driver Development Track) not full Mosport - so its lots of fun and not too hard on cars or drivers.

I'll get u the info - send me an email!

(right now he's undersubscribed, so book it fast):wink:

need more details on that please (sorry I know absolutely nothing about tracks)- $250 covers what ?? from what time to what time ?? - do you have any options of tracking your car by yourself or does it have to be with other cars ?? - can you bring the wife and kids (need to prove to the wife that I am not going to die that day - any ideas how to do that !!!) - do you need racing tires ??

NSX7 said:
need more details on that please (sorry I know absolutely nothing about tracks)- $250 covers what ??

That covers your track time. Nothing else. Lunch is $10.

NSX7 said:
from what time to what time ??

8 to 5

NSX7 said:
do you have any options of tracking your car by yourself or does it have to be with other cars ??

Normally no, but you should not have any issues with other cars, especially at this day.

NSX7 said:
can you bring the wife and kids (need to prove to the wife that I am not going to die that day - any ideas how to do that !!!)

You could, but they'd be bored. This is really a very very very low risk track day. The DDT is a largish go cart track. You probably wont get out of 3rd and most of the time I bet your in 2nd. If you are looking for a low risk track, this would be the one. Its kinda fun too, but Ive never been on it in my NSX. You can tell your wife that Companies hold events here for their staff and clients in F2000 cars. It has been running for many many many years and theyve never had an injury. Many of those people are complete novices as well, and those cars can be a handful in some situations.

If you want to get your car out for some higher performance driving but dont want to adopt the risk of a faster track, you should go to this day.

SPA_S2000 said:
If you want to get your car out for some higher performance driving but dont want to adopt the risk of a faster track, you should go to this day.

Dave is right - but don't let the go-cart comments scare you - the track is big enough to be fun, its not huge but its about 2.5 kms around - so a street car fits and works well on it.

You'll do 3rd gear and 6,000 RPM and a big smile!

You're kids may have fun watching for a while - but a whole day may not be too fun - since you need two cars anyway, I'd have them come a little later in the day - 1-3pm - you'll be wiped by 3pm and ready to relax and smoke a cigar with me!

This is a great way to dip your little toe into tack days without any risk - the passing rules will be in effect - they will only be allowed to pass if you are waved by and even then only in straits.

Safety will be paramount and there is no safer opperator than Peter.

looks like i may be able to make it....

but the nsx is not ready just yet, so i guess i'll should bring my track prepped ae86...

PLEASE REGISTER THIS WEEK!!!!

Peter needs his final numbers - you can PM or better still, email me and I'll send you the forms to fill out!

Stu

JorjeM said:
Wow, il defintley be there to watch you guys. 10 min drive for me so why not, lol.

Dude! If you have an NSX come out and run it! Its kinda like marrying Jenna Jameson and not...well you know:wink:

At $250 this is the cheapest track day you're ever gonna do!

If you don't have an NSX bring what you got, there's tonnes to learn, no matter what you drive!

So the 14th as in good friday? hmmm..

edit: oh I see the e-mail now, thanks stu, I'll see if i can get my brakes done while I'm gone to NYC this weekend and I think I can make it

Last edited:
Hey David,

Do we have to pre register? I'm having my car prepped that week, and there's some concern over parts availability. If it's ready I'd love to come up. Let me know. Sean

Stu can you email the forms to [email protected] ? I have it from the nsx mailing list but I don't have access to that e-mail @ work. Thanks!

Also do you want me to see if anyone off the supra forums in the canadaian forum wants to join? How many more people do you need?

Red said:
Dude! If you have an NSX come out and run it! Its kinda like marrying Jenna Jameson and not...well you know:wink:

At $250 this is the cheapest track day you're ever gonna do!

If you don't have an NSX bring what you got, there's tonnes to learn, no matter what you drive!

Well my RX7 wont be ready by than and thanks to the insurance companies as of right now i prob wont be getting a NSX anytime soon. Il be up there in my black avalanche or beige benz. see you guys soon.

OK so now its official - Tsvet's friend is coming with his SLR which may bring the count up to two, since a friend of mine is coming unless he's going to Russia and bringing his SLR too!

Now $250 is WORTH the price of admission!!!!

SLRs? Damn is Alex Schnaider coming to the track day?

Stu if there is still room, I'm in I'll fill out the form today..I'm getting my brakes and fluids all done this week. I will need an instructor.

satan_srv said:
SLRs? Damn is Alex Schnaider coming to the track day?

Stu if there is still room, I'm in I'll fill out the form today..I'm getting my brakes and fluids all done this week. I will need an instructor.

Its spelled Shnaider:wink:, and he's not confirmed, but may come as my guest.

If he comes he'll either bring his SLR or his 575, either way, a treat.

Gord is confirmed with his SLR - so there'll be something to see!:biggrin:

email me for the sign up stuff, you gotta get it in FAST!

swbatte said:
Hey David,

Do we have to pre register? I'm having my car prepped that week, and there's some concern over parts availability. If it's ready I'd love to come up. Let me know. Sean

Get signed up fast! Tick Tock, you do need to pre register!

Email me for the forms!

Stu

Red said:
Its spelled Shnaider:wink:, and he's not confirmed, but may come as my guest.

If he comes he'll either bring his SLR or his 575, either way, a treat.

Gord is confirmed with his SLR - so there'll be something to see!:biggrin:

email me for the sign up stuff, you gotta get it in FAST!

Ha, sorry I copied it off Google..which means I searched it misspelled hehe..

I just remember reading the article in ROB magazine about Midland and mentioning the SLR. Anyway if I had such great performance machines I'd be taking them to the track too :) very cool.

Emailing...

Titanboy_24 said:
So how was it!? Hopefully someone got a few pics.

There was a photog there - I await the link to his site with our day's picts.:biggrin:

Start of the day a little damp out, first few runs were on rain
img07067cm.jpg

stu in his 944 Fiorano, dave in his NSX
img07058xo.jpg

img07090zk.jpg

img07100na.jpg

nice CTSC
img07084rf.jpg

img07184oh.jpg

img07236aw.jpg

img07247ph.jpg

img07315xj.jpg

img07323hj.jpg

Last edited:
img07379fp.jpg

Man this was fun..in between sessions to screw around they setup a slalom on the skidpad...lol it was basically a mad drifting competition..it was wet and man did we have fun..the S2000s kept wiping out hardcore :p

img07345ti.jpg

img07366mv.jpg

img07431tu.jpg

cool down
img07589aj.jpg

img07505bz.jpg

finally the sun came out!
img07529sw.jpg

img07535qv.jpg

img07550gv.jpg

Back