• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Anytime NSX exhaust with single tips? Feedback would be great!

Anytime Exhaust Preference

• Make dual tips only available (original design)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Make single tips only available

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Make both dual and single tips available

Votes: 43 78.2%

• Total voters
ScienceofSpeed and Anytime Racing would like to gather some feedback regarding a possible design change for the Anytime exhaust. We have received many inquires for the Anytime exhaust to be made with single tips, mostly from those who own a 2002+ NSX or have done the 2002+ rear valence conversion. This may be possible to do, but it would require a good amount of R&D to make the exhaust with single tips on each side because of the way the current design exits the muffler canister. Basically we would need a good amount of people to express interest in the single tip design to make the manufacturing change happen. We feel like there is also a lot of people who prefer the original dual tip style, so ideally we would like to be able to offer both styles to the NSX Market.

I am setting up a poll on this thread so any votes would be appreciated, and also please feel free to post or email any feedback as well.

Thanks in advance!

I love my dual tips, but it is a big let down that I cannot put the 02 rear-end on the car. Having said that, would I sell mine to get a single tip version?... no.

How about producing a 2002+ Anytime system with dual tips? I've seen at least 3 NSXs here with the 2002 rear conversion and dual tip exhaust systems. It looks amazing. I love the dual tip look myself and think it fits perfect with the 02 rear IMO.

In any case, a 02+ version of the exhaust (single or dual tip) I'm sure would be a nice option for many here. Especially for those who don't want a loud system taking into account that the only other alternative to a quiet aftermarket exhaust would be the Comptech.

Yes, I was waiting for this for a while. All things point to the Anytime as being the perfect exhaust for me except that it doesn't fit the 02+ valence. For me, the valence is more importent so I couldn't consider the Anytime. If there is a potential it will be made with a single tip I'll definately wait for it to come out. Also, just as others suggested, if they somehow could get a dual tip to fit the 02+ opening that would be fine with my as wel. As long as something fits the 02+:D

exhaust tips

Would it be possible to leave the exhaust the way it is and only modify the tips? It seems like there would be room to leave the dual tubes coming out of the can up to where the tips mount, and do a 'two into one' tip that is no wider than out side edges of the dual tubes. Maybe an oval shaped tip?

This might be an easy option for the factory, would not require changes to the bends, just the tip. Plus only one part to polish and jig.

There's nothing like the look of two big cannons shooting out of the back! I'm not a huge fan of the dual tip style.

I'm for it.

I would be interest in it.

James

IMO single-tip is the best looking (4.5"tips please) but if you have to made dual tip, I think DTM style looks much better.(like the RM) :D ....all and all ANYTIME-exhaustis a great exhaust for the money. just my 2cents.
-Aaron

I vote for 02+ tips as one option, or these for the other:
\
sc_ta_996310856009_00_tb.jpg
sc_ta_996310856009_01_tb.jpg

They are by TechArt.

If Borla would warrantee the exhaust if we changed the tips, this would not even be an issue. Too bad if you change tips the warrantee goes bye-bye.

Netviper, I don't think you can change to a single, because 2 pipes coming out from the muffler.

Attachments

• pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 595
Single tips coming Anytime soon?

(couldn't resist, sorry):D

Glad you asked, as there is light at the end of the tunnel. Not only are we working on single tips, there are plans to offer a few different twin and single tip options.

Re: exhaust tips

titaniumdave said:
Would it be possible to leave the exhaust the way it is and only modify the tips? It seems like there would be room to leave the dual tubes coming out of the can up to where the tips mount, and do a 'two into one' tip that is no wider than out side edges of the dual tubes. Maybe an oval shaped tip?

This might be an easy option for the factory, would not require changes to the bends, just the tip. Plus only one part to polish and jig.

Unfortunately, a quote from the warranty would negate any mods:
"Any modification to an original "as shipped" Borla product shall void it's warranty. Any deviation from the original intended installation of a Borla product shall also render the warranty void"

One more for the pile - I like the single tips. Howver, I think that an oval tip would look great with the '02+ valance. B&B has a 4.5" tip that looks terrific, I know, I had their exhust on my Porsche. That tip on the Anytime or Comptech exhust would be a killer.

If Anytime does a single tip, when will it likely be available for purchase, given the re-engineering/design changes?

Thanks for all the thoughtful work you guys obviousley put into your merchandise.
Cairo94507

Back