Anyone up for brunch.

It's been a while since the Midwest group got together is anyone up for a meet somewhere Milwaukee area maybe? any suggestions I know I am open at the end on the month 24th-31st.

If you could get a bit closer to the Illinois border you might get alot of replies.
Personally I don't like going over that border on I-94 because the police in that county are targeting cars with Illinois plates (relentlessly). I Would perfer If it was just on our side of the border (thank you). Funny, The reason that I came in was to post a notice for a Brunch on this side.

Yellow,
What is a nice place near the border? Last year it was Lake Geneva we could always go there again.

I'd be up for the last week of the month (30th or 31st). My wife and I were going to go to the Volo Auto Museum right around then. That could be a cool place to perhaps meet. Kinda in-between us Chicago suburbanites and Wisconsin folks. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm pretty busy but would like to make time to do a brunch. I live in the booming metropolis of Saukville, WI. Find that on the map???@@@!!!

Anyway, brunch in Kohler would be a thought, and much closer than going all the way IL.

BTW, I don't buy into that "WI cops pick on IL plates". I was just driving home from O'hare last week and was in a throng of cars with IL plates all going over 80. The mob of cars moved up ahead of me about a mile or so and low and behold a cop came flying from behind me.

When I got to where the person was pulled over, it was a person from WI that was getting the ticket. Good thing I was driving my Quest minivan!!! :)

Let's brunch.....

Brocz said:

BTW, I don't buy into that "WI cops pick on IL plates". I was just driving home from O'hare last week and was in a throng of cars with IL plates all going over 80. The mob of cars moved up ahead of me about a mile or so and low and behold a cop came flying from behind me.
Let's brunch.....

Mary Laney of the Chicago Sun Times did several articals on her misadventures with the Wisconson "system" ( this is just over the border). She was even body searched by a male cop.

Even with that said......... I agree, lets do lunch!

Brocz said:
I'm pretty busy but would like to make time to do a brunch. I live in the booming metropolis of Saukville, WI. Find that on the map???@@@!!!

Anyway, brunch in Kohler would be a thought, and much closer than going all the way IL.

When I got to where the person was pulled over, it was a person from WI that was getting the ticket. Good thing I was driving my Quest minivan!!! :)

Let's brunch.....

Any true Honda race fan knows where Saukville is! Just like Sullivan WI. I know where that is too! :D To those who don't get it, here is a hint. "RTR" and "King"

Lets Brunch! The 30th weekend is best for me too.

Alright, This one was brought up before but it might not suit our friends in Wisc. Johnny Walkers Original pancake house. And the 31st works for me, after that I'm putting the car away (Dang! I really really need tires!)

We may have better luck with weather on the 23rd or 24th, but I'll try to make either weekend if it is within reason weather and distance-wise.

YellowNSX said:
Alright, This one was brought up before but it might not suit our friends in Wisc. Johnny Walkers Original pancake house.
You might want to specify which location you're referring to.

There are two different pancake house chains associated with the Walker family:

Walker Brothers Original Pancake House has locations in Lincolnshire, Wilmette, Glenview, Arlington Heights, Highland Park, and Lake Zurich. All are in the northern suburbs of Chicago. The Lincolnshire location is probably the most convenient to the Wisconsin folks; it's close to the Half-Day Road (IL 22) exit from the tollway.

Richard Walker's Pancake House has locations in Crystal Lake and Hoffman Estates.

Having tried both, IMO the various locations of Walker Brothers Original Pancake House are far, far superior.

AFAIK there is no pancake house named Johnny Walker... but if you know of one, it might be fun to try the Scotch pancakes (and I hear their syrup has a real kick to it). :D

Just my 2 cents but there is a new pancake house called wildberry in north libertyville thats real nice just a thought :) . Its at the intersection of 21 and 137 .

My vote is the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva Wisconsin on the 31st say meet there at 10.30-11.00 a.m eat at noonish. Ken feel free to provide the link for the restaurant... :D the food there is awesome and I believe it's about $25 per person.

You can count me in for Grand Geneva.

My wife and I took a ride through the Lake Geneva area this past weekend. We took a real nice fall drive following the Kettle Morraine Scenic Drive. I think it starts just outside of LaGrange WI (ZZ Top reference!). It goes north for approx. 20-30 miles or so I believe. Very pretty colors this time of year. I finally got off it when it ran into I-94, but I think it continues beyond that. I'd be up for taking the drive again, as it would a cool farewell to our cars before we put them into hibernation. Anybody up for a drive afterwards?

I think I can make the 23rd or 24th, Lake Geneva would be nice. I can't make the 31st, I have an almost 3 yr. old and Trick or Treating is of paramount concern around here on that day.

Let's make a stand and get something scheduled y'all. :D

I can do the 30th too...If some want to stay in the Chicago area that's fine maybe the Wisconsin crew can meet near Milwaukee then or even north of Milwaukee. I know a place on 41 about 30 minutes north of Bluemound Rd called MJ Steven's off of K that has great food and a huge parking lot just another thought.

ASENNA88 said:
Just my 2 cents but there is a new pancake house called wildberry in north libertyville thats real nice just a thought :) . Its at the intersection of 21 and 137 .

I just passed by there a few weeks ago when I was in town, that place looks like it shoud be awesome!

If it's there (or Chicago area) on the 31st I'm in becuase I'll be in town for the Bears game :)

(post removed to avoid confusion, see list below for current status of event)

Last edited:
Back