Anyone recognize this? JH4NA1151NT000077

I think this would DEFINITELY be a BIG help to people. Actually, dubious cars like this could be added to the section of the FAQ with wrecked NSX's under a "questionable" subheading...

I shudder to think how many NSX's could probably fit in that category
frown.gif

The shady dealers should be flagged at the same time;however there is a small chance that they might be unaware of a vehicle's history. But if that's the case, they should acknowledge it.Which brings me to my question: Just how reliable is using CARFAX in determining a vehicle's history?

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Just how reliable is using CARFAX in determining a vehicle's history?

It reports some, but not all, title and registration problems. It is possible to have a title history "cleaned" by running it through certain states. They also occasionally fail to catch a title problem. My guess is that they probably report 80-90 percent of the title problems on NSX's.

A bad Carfax report is reliable. A good Carfax report means that the car probably, but not definitely, has had a clean title.

Keep in mind that many circumstances will not show up on Carfax at all. For example, if a car has an accident on which no police report is filed and the car is not totalled by insurance, I don't think anything winds up on a Carfax report. So at best, a Carfax only tells part of the picture anyway.

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Just how reliable is using CARFAX in determining a vehicle's history?

For this particular 1992 (at the top of this post), Carfax was fairly accurate. It did say the car was involved in an accident and it was a frontal collision.

EDR found out the car was also theft recovery.. is this something that normally goes on carfax also???

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

scottjua's report of this thread's NSX should definitely be included on the report page. Can you add it from the info here, Lud, or do you need it e-mailed to that other address?

-Bob

Originally posted by flaminio:
scottjua's report of this thread's NSX should definitely be included on the report page. Can you add it from the info here, Lud, or do you need it e-mailed to that other address?

-Bob

It would be easier for me if people would e-mail everything together at that address.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
It reports some, but not all, title and registration problems. It is possible to have a title history "cleaned" by running it through certain states.

Do you know which states those are? I'm not sure, but I do fear cars that have gone through New York and Florida. Any other ones? TIA.

Is NYC really bad? I wouldnt have suspected that... Our DMV is a pain in the but, there are no big auctions here, and fees are expensive.

Back