Anyone near Clearwater, FL willing to inspect an NSX for me? JH4NA1154PT000478

There is an NSX at the Crown Acura dealership in Clearwater, FL that has 105XXX mileage. Since I live out of state, I would like to see if a knowledgeable NSX Prime member could check this vehicle out for me in person.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone near Clearwater, FL willing to inspect an NSX for me?

I would post this in the SE regional forum. I am sure you will get a response.

Regards,
LarryB

What are the particulars of the car - year, color etc. I would be most happy to look into it for you. HOWEVER, be aware that several years ago, my daughter bought a used Jaguar XJS from them that was represented as having "X" mileage etc. ( I was traveling out of state at the time.) When I returned, she proudly showed me the "new" car she had picked out and bought for herself! In driving the car with her (and the usual "nosing" around to check everything out, I found receipts for work Crown had done, that showed mileage at that time to be "X time 2!":eek: In fact, upon checking further, we discovered that during the time they had the car after taking it back in trade, that they had done further work on said car, and had replaced the speedometer/odometer a second time and in process several thousand additional miles had disappeared!:eek: Even though they had not bothered to take the service invoices out of the car, they denied having rolled back the mileage - claiming the two speedo changes were due to need to "repair" defective speedo. (Twice??:biggrin: ) We subsequently had to sue them (1 1/2 yrs suit) to recover costs - legal and refund! I'm not sure I would want to buy from said Dealer Group - Just my experience and view!!!:biggrin: Let me know.:smile:

Last edited:

Good decision I think! :smile: Hang in there! There are enough good ones available to allow you to be selective, based on what your intended use would be. (Garage Queen, Daily Driver, Occasion Brisk - spelled Track Day, or Track Rat!:wink: ) Besides, the Hunt is part of the fun, don't ya know?:biggrin:

Hi, thanks for the response. That is a very interesting situation! Neverless, here are the details:

'93 Black/black 105,503 miles, manual.

VIN#JH4NA1154PT000478

I spoke with a sales rep over the phone to try to get get more info on the vehicle. I was told that the tech said that it was well taken care of and in great shape...but who knows - a sales pitch i'm sure.

If you do have the chance to see it for yourself, I would appreciate it greatly! I'm very glad that you chimed in with this info about Crown - this forum is truly a valuable tool. Let me know what you find out, or if this is a shady deal.

Regards and thanks again!

10-4, will do. :smile: I, however, still feel dealerships like this, epitomize the reason for the proverb that says to remember - "a used car is something someone else did not want". Is this supposed to be a certified car or anything?

I believe so, at least that I what I have been led to believe so far with the full technical inspection, etc. I'm definitely on the same page with you concerning the "something someone else did not want" philosophy! I believe that the salesperson also said that it was a trade-in for a mature(50's) couple. But again, that could have been part of the dance.

Thanks again! This will be interesting indeed!

I believe so, at least that I what I have been led to believe so far with the full technical inspection, etc. I'm definitely on the same page with you concerning the "something someone else did not want" philosophy! I believe that the salesperson also said that it was a trade-in for a mature(50's) couple. But again, that could have been part of the dance.

Thanks again! This will be interesting indeed!

Hayato.

I have done some business with this said dealer before and I'm definitely on Lonestranger side.

My NSX has Crown Acura Preferred Customer sticker in the windshield. :eek:

Anyway, there are several NSX owners in the Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area. Hopefully you can find one to take a look. Keep us posted!

Just to note, I saw that one too for sale. (mine was just written as a loss by insurance :( :( :( :( ) . The sales guy was a bit fishy. I don't want to show entire car fax as someone got jumped doing that on the board but it did show this line which could support Lonestrangers claim, although it seems weird
vin is JH4NA1154PT000478

12/18/1995 SAINT PETERSBURG, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/04/1996 FL 180,000 Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/24/1996 SAINT PETERSBURG, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

This seems impossible though (1996), has to be a typo. never the less I may run over to take a peep next week since it's an hour away. I'll post the findings.

I ran a Carfax on this car as well. I did not see the 180,000 mileage figure.
As a matter of fact, no mileage is noted at all throughout the report.

Odd.

Just to note, I saw that one too for sale. (mine was just written as a loss by insurance :( :( :( :( ) . The sales guy was a bit fishy. I don't want to show entire car fax as someone got jumped doing that on the board but it did show this line which could support Lonestrangers claim, although it seems weird
vin is JH4NA1154PT000478

12/18/1995 SAINT PETERSBURG, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/04/1996 FL 180,000 Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/24/1996 SAINT PETERSBURG, FL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

This seems impossible though (1996), has to be a typo. never the less I may run over to take a peep next week since it's an hour away. I'll post the findings.

Depending on where the car is and if emissions testing is done there. Carfax will usually show emissions tests pass or fail along with mileage every year. This is where I look for mileage descrepencies. The car I bought from Cali. had nothing unusual from year to year from day one because carfax showed every emissions test for every year. Carfax is your friend.:wink:

I'm also been in touch with the dealer and was told that the car was a single owner car, owned by a physician that just recently passed away and the car was tied up in probate. He told me all the maintenance is up to date and also had a new AC condensor placed. The price is on par but if indeed the car truely has 180K miles and not 105K, I would think that this car should go for low 20's. I'm thinkin it would make a great track car.

I'm also been in touch with the dealer and was told that the car was a single owner car, owned by a physician that just recently passed away and the car was tied up in probate. He told me all the maintenance is up to date and also had a new AC condensor placed. The price is on par but if indeed the car truely has 180K miles and not 105K, I would think that this car should go for low 20's. I'm thinkin it would make a great track car.

Now that's intersting, the person I spoke to in the sales dept said that it belonged to an older couple. But, I didn't get into detail about the situation. I suppose that it could be the same individual post-mortum-trade-in :confused:

I have a 240SX for the track car, so I am not necessarily looking to get a 180K mile NSX :biggrin: But if the mileage is indeed 105K, i'm willing to investigate the condition further for possibile purchase.

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Nevermind guys, that NSX just got sold :(

Dealer just notified me a few moments ago that the car is now sold :mad:

Better luck next time :biggrin:

Thanks for your help though, i'm still looking!

Back