Anyone looked at the Niello Acura Yellow 04? JH4NA21604T000004

Re: Anyone looked at the Niello Acura Yellow 04?

I haven't seen it, but Niello's always been a big supporter of the NSX community, so I'd guess it's in pretty good shape.

Greetings
It is certified. It is one owner. My brother in law used to buy vehicles from them when he lived in Sacramento -- with good experiences. I spoke to them about several units before I bought mine -- not from them, because they did not have what I wanted when I wanted it.

I haven't seen it, but Niello's always been a big supporter of the NSX community, so I'd guess it's in pretty good shape.

Im not sure I see the correlation here. Why does it have to be a nice car just because they are a supporter?

I emailed these guys with some basic questions (ie paintwork? scratches? clutch?) and they basically said "this car is perfect". I guess I will continue my search elsewhere.

I emailed these guys with some basic questions (ie paintwork? scratches? clutch?) and they basically said "this car is perfect". I guess I will continue my search elsewhere.

I agree...I'm very disappointed about what they said about their cars (or at least my car).

here is my story..

Before I made the deal with them (for my 02), I asked the sale person "anything wrong with it? I've just checked it out in the back parking lot and it looks kinda dusty" (I think its because it covered with all the dust tahts why I didn't see the scrape and the bent mark at that time). The sale person said "We'll wash and detail it, and nothing is wrong with it, no accidents, in perfect condition, and its certified." After hearing that, he made my day, and I took his words for it.

After couple of days of purchasing my 02, i found several things wrong with it, like a scrape on the rear bumper, a bent mark on the front bumper, paint chipped on the spoiler. Although they tired to find a way to help me solve this problem, but i'm not satisfy with it...because I will have to pay half of the cost of getting all those thing fix and they pay the other half. So at the end, i just left it the way it was...:frown:

Sorry to hear that. Im not sure why dealerships think that the certified process has ANYTHING to do with the overall condition (non-mechanical) of the car.

For these guys to say that in 18k there are no scratches, etc is crazy.

I usually avoid buying anything from car dealerships used. I think about 49 out of 50 cars are "perfect" once they land on the dealer's lot. Not to mention the dealership premium.

I think Niello's is a little high given the miles. Although it appears, from the pictures to be in nice condition. I bet it could be bought for less....

Niello quotes a $67.5k online price. I think the car is probably "worth" about $64k given the competition. It is certified which adds something.

Here is the latest email from Neillo. They say thier bottom line is $67.5k.

"This car is in better condition than some of my new cars. Tires are 100%, the leather is 100% perfect and the paint is scratch, dent and rock chip free. We are very very particular about the NSX's that we represent. At one point we were the #1 new NSX dealership in the world. Nobody knows the NSX like our dealership, and nobody represents better, cleaner NSX's than Niello. When you decide to purchase a NSX, take this one into consideration, because it is the best car you can buy for your money."

19,000 miles without a scratch? Maybe. But doubtful.

You are unlikely to get a deal worked out on a car over email from a dealership. Niello is a good dealership and they support the local NSX community in a big way, but trying to work out the price over email won't show them you are a serious buyer. You might do better if you talked to someone over phone and depending on your location, in person. I'd be surprised if you walked in there w/ $64K and they turned you away.

Last edited:
You are unlikely to get a deal worked out on a car over email from a dealership. Niello is a good dealership and they support the local NSX community in a big way, but trying to work out the price over email won't show them you are a serious buyer. You might do better if you talked to someone over phone and depending on your location, in person. I'd be surprised if you walked in there w/ $64K and they turned you away.

I could not DISagree more. Why waste my time listening to some windbag sales person go on and on about why I should buy HIS car. 99% of the time they have NO IDEA what they are even talking about! A simple email with "what is your bottom price. I have cash and will purchase within the week" always does the trick for me.

To tell you the truth most salespeople would prefer that type of transaction as well.

And they will NOT take $64k for it. I talked to them already. Nothing less than $67.5k, for now.

Lets see where its at as winter sets in in the Midwest.

I bought my car from Niello in May. I love it and couldnt be happier. They will take care of you if you ever have any trouble. Ask me I know!
I was there last weekend and looked at the car while mine was serviced. it is in what I consider perfect shape if you are wanting to know if there are scratches in the paint that can be buffed out you better look yourself.

It is one that I would purchase if I liked yellow cars but I dont so good luck! Talk to Dale Peterson or JC.:smile:

I could not DISagree more. Why waste my time listening to some windbag sales person go on and on about why I should buy HIS car. 99% of the time they have NO IDEA what they are even talking about! A simple email with "what is your bottom price. I have cash and will purchase within the week" always does the trick for me.

To tell you the truth most salespeople would prefer that type of transaction as well.

And they will NOT take $64k for it. I talked to them already. Nothing less than $67.5k, for now.

You are one tough negotiator....I LiKE IT.
Good luck with the purchase.:smile:

certain dealerships have different negotiation methods. Many customers don't have an idea what they are doing when buying a car. It is fun to go back and forth in trying to come to a solution and agreement, and the more you do so, the better deal you eventually get. If a email asking the rock bottom price will get you the bottom price, then you should really think about the car you are buying, due to the idea that they are either needing to unload it quick, or flipping it for a quick profit. They might have more than 64,000 in the vehicle, many used car managers do tend to put too much in some trades, and if the vehicle is wholesale, the wholesale buyer may buy in bulk to not make the overpay on one hurt. If you like the car 2.5k on a 60k purchase isn't much. maybe a addon or extended warranty may help your cause.

I hear you on using email to get a price on a car. That usually works on high volume cars like Civic, Accord, Camry, etc, but unlikely to work on a deal for something like an NSX.

I saw the car yesterday at Niello when I went to pick up some parts for my NSX. It's a nice looking NSX and in good condition. Maybe someone local will get this car (I love the yellow color...maybe me!!! - just kidding). Good luck w/ your search. Hopefully the email route works out for you.

Last edited:
I hear you on using email to get a price on a car. That usually works on high volume cars like Civic, Accord, Camry, etc, but unlikely to work on a deal for something like an NSX.

Mickey, I have to say I agree with you on this, for the most part.

I emailed them and told them I was NOT a buyer at $67.5k and they never even bothered to email or call (they do have my number) back. So I guess they are not too interested in selling it!!!

I emailed them and told them I was NOT a buyer at $67.5k and they never even bothered to email or call (they do have my number) back. So I guess they are not too interested in selling it!!!

Jason > I agree and hate working with some dealers. A few years ago, I offered $67k for an 04 NSX and the Acura dealer said hell NO. Over one year later, the same car was STILL fs and I think eventually sold for ~66k. Doesnt make any sense to me.

Then again just recently, I actually tried to buy an 05 from a "well-respected" Acura dealer here on the forum. I actually saw the car in person, and other than a few blemishes, the car was nice. I actually made several offers on the car (in person, speaking with my salesperson, and by email), and on all occassions was seemingly blown off. Had they just came back in a professional manner and started out some negotiations, we could have probably struck a deal. If they dont take you seriously, then walk. Theres
always something else out there. I think that 05 is still fs :tongue:

Needless to say, Im glad they blew me off as it worked out in the end (lovin' my White/Blk 04) :biggrin:

Jason > I agree and hate working with some dealers. A few years ago, I offered $67k for an 04 NSX and the Acura dealer said hell NO. Over one year later, the same car was STILL fs and I think eventually sold for ~66k. Doesnt make any sense to me.

Then again just recently, I actually tried to buy an 05 from a "well-respected" Acura dealer here on the forum. I actually saw the car in person, and other than a few blemishes, the car was nice. I actually made several offers on the car (in person, speaking with my salesperson, and by email), and on all occassions was seemingly blown off. Had they just came back in a professional manner and started out some negotiations, we could have probably struck a deal. If they dont take you seriously, then walk. Theres
always something else out there. I think that 05 is still fs :tongue:

Needless to say, Im glad they blew me off as it worked out in the end (lovin' my White/Blk 04) :biggrin:

I completely agree with you. Some dealers (not all) really do not know how to negotiate. They forgot the phrase "It's not what you say,but how you say it".

Mickey, I have to say I agree with you on this, for the most part.

I think your perspective is somewhat flawed. It seems to me you have already signaled your hand that you want this car but are not willing to pay their asking price.

Your posts keep hammering as to why they should sell the car to you for less, and because they aren't you are finding fault (justifiably or otherwise) with the sales folks. Calling them crazy on public forum doesn't help either. All sales people are fallable; if you are that interested in the car or have a complaint about how you were treated as a customer, your first step is to talk to the sales manager not use the forum.

Given the number of posts you have in here making your case with different arguments, if I were Niello, I would not budge for two reasons: (a) You are more eager than they are - a basic supply/demand negotiation premise; and (b) given the nature of your posts in here you may be bottom shopping and hence might very well be a customer that will keep finding an excuse to bash the dealer for incidentals that might come as a used car. I am guessing of course.

Again, if I were Neillo, I would wait until I found the right buyer who would want to pay my asking price. If all fails, then I can reduce the price. The car has been in the showroom for probably less than a month so inventory costs would not be an issue at this time. And Niello often buys cars with cash not on terms so they don't have financing costs - educated guess at best.

As an FYI, I have referred many buyers to Niello and asked them to talk directly to Vince, the General Manager. many have bought new or used cars (NSXs and other models) within literally 15 minutes of their first call to Vince. Check the forums :cool:

Disclosure: Niello Acura is the major supporter of the Sacramento Chapter of the NSXCA since 2000 or thereabouts :wink:

Back