• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Anyone know this seller? racer98

Re: Anyone know this seller?

this isn't the guy who had $1 items with $1,400 shipping is it in the past??

No, he was the guy that would list a "Buy it Now" on rare/cool NSX items for $1 (along with $2,999 in shipping costs).

See 'prime member NCDOGDOC's feedback on his Ebay account.

Ebay used to ban this type of behavior of "excessive shipping charges", but not anymore. They consider it the buyer's problem now.

Drew

Ebay does not to become involved in any disputes, no matter how credible. Ebay's ethnic heritage is starting to show in their business practices.

There is an entire thread already devoted to this guy, search for 'sequen-shift' in the track talk section; I believe the consensus reached was, yes, his selling practices are a bit suspect, but also he has his hands on some hard to find nsx items, and his prices are flexible - best resolution is to simply haggle him via email in order to get your items, I know two people who have purchased $$$ items from him and picked them up, they said he was good to deal with in person.

Thanks for the input guys. Just as for the ebay stuff I have so many items to list and Im not trying to screw any one. the good thing is that I have them in stock and ready to ship. unfortunatly people think that I pay a $1 for every thing and they should not pay my asking price., I really respect resoniable offers but when some people try to bs me and tell me what the value of the item, I still respect their 2cents.

with e-bay just have a method of listing items for the $1 and I thought it was a trick idea to just pass the cost thru shipping and that is a big no no with ebay and Im sorry if I offended any one while doing this practice.

just I hope you can put your self in my shoes.

NSX Prime peeps you all a type of people.

Thanks
k

drew said:
No, he was the guy that would list a "Buy it Now" on rare/cool NSX items for $1 (along with $2,999 in shipping costs).

See 'prime member NCDOGDOC's feedback on his Ebay account.

Ebay used to ban this type of behavior of "excessive shipping charges", but not anymore. They consider it the buyer's problem now.

Drew

Ebay does not to become involved in any disputes, no matter how credible. Ebay's ethnic heritage is starting to show in their business practices.

Ok lets be fair about this.

1) He "NCDOGDOC" won the aucton.
2) when I asked for payment you know what he did to me, when he won the auction I was expecting imidate payment and the shipping I wanted it to go by next day ups and this is what I got in reply from him.

reply from
NCDOGDOC:
Oh that shipping charge is excessive and im not going to pay for it

Me:
well you had a lot of time before the close of the auction to retract your bid and not buy it. when will you be paying me.

NCDOGDOC: Im going to pay you when i feel like it - in so many words

Me: I dammmage the item and found a scratch on the item and I did not want negative feed back from NCDOGDOC:

so I canceld the sale with him and no money was exchanged and he got all emotional on it.

so am I wrong to cancel the sale of an item that has dammage and a scratch on it that was not described on it - I would consider it a very wrong thing to send out an item that got dammaged.

Fraud is when you take something from some one and rip them off - so did I do this ????

If he went to school and probably did - might need a refresher course in a case of this type.

I did not mean any offense. just being an honest seller dealling with ebay fees and crybabys.

drew said:
Not necessarily.

From eBay's website:

Ebay's website said:
A Message from Bill Cobb

June 27, 2006

Hello,

Earlier this year, I made a promise to the eBay community that I would address the problem of excessive shipping charges. Members have told us, and we agree – this problem has grown too big, and something must be done.

Excessive Shipping is a turn-off for buyers. In fact, we just completed research that found that the NUMBER ONE reason buyers don’t complete a transaction on eBay is excessive shipping costs. What’s more, 54% percent of our top buyers on eBay believe that shipping fees are the most important part of an item’s total price. In fact, half of the buyers surveyed would rather buy an item with a higher total cost than an item with an unfair shipping cost. They told us they trust sellers with reasonable shipping costs much more than those with high shipping costs – not surprising.

These sellers aren’t just taking advantage of buyers -- they’re cheating honest sellers, too, by competing unfairly. They’re avoiding eBay selling fees that the honest sellers pay. They’re gaming search results. Most importantly, they’re eroding buyer trust in the eBay marketplace … and that’s bad for everyone.

We do have a policy governing shipping costs – but to be honest, we haven’t done a good job of enforcing it. We wanted to let the market decide. That’s why, in September of last year, we improved transparency for buyers by adding a shipping cost column in search results. But for dishonest sellers, the lure of fee avoidance and search manipulation was too great – and this measure didn’t have quite the impact we’d hoped for.

It’s time we take a firmer stand on excessive shipping, so starting June 19th, we began enforcing our policy more aggressively. We’re doing this to re-level the playing field and regain buyer confidence.

We’ve begun cleaning up the site, but it won’t happen overnight. We’re starting with the really outrageous abuses. You know the listings I mean – those listings, for instance, with a Buy It Now price of 95 cents and $50 in shipping fees for an item that costs only a few dollars to ship.

If you’re among the vast majority of eBay sellers who charge shipping and handling fees simply to cover your actual shipping, packaging and overhead costs, you needn’t be concerned about this; in fact, you’re going to benefit.

But if your business model is based on under-pricing items and making up the difference with excessive shipping costs, you need to stop this practice immediately.

We’ll need to work together to correct this imbalance so that we retain a positive marketplace. I appreciate your support and cooperation, and I invite you to write to me at [email protected] with your comments.

Sincerely,
Bill Cobb
President, eBay North America

billcobb.jpg
If you feel that an eBay seller has exorbitant shipping costs, I suggest you take them up on their offer; try reporting them to eBay and see what happens.

Obviously this guy has a problem with the English language. I will copy all my emails with him when I have time later. He is just running a scam with items that are hard to come by, and play every angle he can to make a buck. Best of luck to anyone who deals with this guy.

I never said I was not going to pay. The first I heard of the auction not going through was when Ebay asked if I had agreed to end the auction since the seller had "broken" the shifter. (How do you drop something made like that and "break" it? From a bridge?!?!?!?) The seller never contacted me about this in any way, shape or form. I had not agreed to end the sale as I wanted the object, was willing to pay the rediculous shipping charges that he could never justify, but I was notified by Ebay the following morning that he had retracted the item due to damage.

I am afraid my standing in this community is just a little bit better than yours. Be careful when making statements you cannot back up.

ncdogdoc said:
Obviously this guy has a problem with the English language. I will copy all my emails with him when I have time later. He is just running a scam with items that are hard to come by, and play every angle he can to make a buck. Best of luck to anyone who deals with this guy.

I never said I was not going to pay. The first I heard of the auction not going through was when Ebay asked if I had agreed to end the auction since the seller had "broken" the shifter. (How do you drop something made like that and "break" it? From a bridge?!?!?!?) The seller never contacted me about this in any way, shape or form. I had not agreed to end the sale as I wanted the object, was willing to pay the rediculous shipping charges that he could never justify, but I was notified by Ebay the following morning that he had retracted the item due to damage.

I am afraid my standing in this community is just a little bit better than yours. Be careful when making statements you cannot back up.

ok why dont you post up the e-mails. You did not make any effort to pay me in a timely manner and bascially told me you would pay me when you feel like it. Granted you saw the shipping charges and when you won the auction you then tell me that your not going to pay me and were in fact actually trying to renegocate the price for lower and with shipping included.

I did start the auction for a 1 and the price went up to $859 + $120 for the shipping.

and you were trying to pull a fast one on me and I did not like it. In fact you were the scammer.

Me being an honest seller I did not describe a scratch and also dammaged it.

So let me get this straight
-you won the auction
-had a lot of time to retract your bid or e-mail me about the shipping charges
-you didnt pay me in a timely manner, too busy to pay me or I think that is what you said, and would be in like 2 weeks or somthing like that.
-I dammaged the item and found a scratch on it, and you wanted me to ship it too you ? fuct up ?

I dont think that would be acceptiable ?

but guess what you have every right to say what you want to say but at the end of the day when you ask why bad things happen to people for the actions and words they speak doesnt "karma" ring a bell.

So Im not going to ship out an item and risk negative feedback but when your a crybabay I guess anything goes.

Nsx p peeps you guys are a cool bunch of people. Granted if I offended any of you with my ebay stratagys and poor grammer,I would like to appologize and if you see somthing I have for sale make me a resoniable offer I will try to work with you,

unlike some one who keeps asking 90% off my asking price for a muffler I have for sale.

FWIW I met up and purchased a Zee's exhaust system from Karim today (7/21/06), once we agreed on a price and talked over the phone I simply drove up, met up with him in Encino, CA, and bought the system - he took extra time to point out minor flaws with the (used) exhaust, and I came away pleased with the transaction, although I now have to wait until Monday to get it mounted and find out how it sounds ;)

Karim was very nice during our transaction (carbonfiber/plexi engine cover), but the item arrived with deep scratches (in fact one is more of a slice about 15 inches long), and he represented that is simply required a good plexiglass cleaner. I would not have bought the item had he accurately represented its condition. I had paid in full in advance as I had nevr had a problem dealing through prime and its users. I told him I am not a complainer and was not about to ask him for something but let him know that he completely misrepresented the item. Because of this he said for future purchases he would give me a break. Not sure I would buy again from him. Quite frankly, I pm'd the author of this original thread about my experience, and was not going to make my comments public. However, when I read another person's experience above and Karim taking major issue with him, I had to share this recent experience.

The first email I sent, during the auction, but after I had made a bid: (6/3/06)

ncdogdoc (69)
> Positive Feedback: 100%
> Member Since: May-04-99
> Location: NC,United States
> Registered On: www.ebay.com
>
> Item: Honda/Acura NSX NA 1 Ikeya Formula Sequen
> Shifter (4644272810)
> This message was sent while the listing was active.
> ncdogdoc is a bidder.
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can we use my shipping account with FedEx to save
> some money on shipping? Thanks.

Karim's reply through Ebay messages:

Sorry. I have a high risk if you use your own shipping and if it were to get lost or dammaged then I would be in a very bad problem. Please e-mail me your Zip where it needs to be shipped to and I will explain why it cost that.

Thanks
karim

I never received that explanation.

This is the reply directly to my email address:

> > very sorry no!
> >
> > Thie is due to the sale thru e-bay.
> >
> >
> > thanks
> > karim

> Karim,
>
> My location is High Point, NC 27262-8039.
>
> I am guessing you are including the Japanese shipping and customs
> cost?
>
> Gary Yates

Yes but the item is here in LA so I can ship it out as soon who ever wins the auction

thanks
karim

This was the conversation one hour after I won the shifter: (6/5/06 6:xxpm)

> Hi, I won the Ikea shifter auction. Now that it is
> done, can you explain why you want $120 to ship
> something that will cost $30 max to ship to North
> Carolina? I have shipped entire transmissions to
> California for $120, including insurance. Thanks.
>
> Gary Yates

I have shipping fees and auction fees I have to pay on my end. so Im not asking for any other fees to be paid on. if there is a problem and you do not wish to buy it I can offer the runner up a second chance on the item.

just let me know.

thanks
karim

> I still want it, just wondering why you have such
> exorbitant shipping
> charges, and it costs even more to pick up locally!
> ( I am guessing that is
> for sales tax). The auction fees are paid out of the
> auction proceeds.
>
> Gary

Thank you.

let me know if you have any other ?'s

thanks
karim

I did not pay on Tuesday (6/7/06) my fault.

Wednesday AM I recieve this from Ebay, not from Karim:

Dear ncdogdoc:

We are contacting you about the following item: Honda/Acura NSX NA 1 Ikeya Formula Sequen Shifter (#4644272810)

The seller, racer986jec tells us you have mutually agreed not to complete the transaction (e.g. because you returned or are returning the item for a refund or because there was a misunderstanding) and has requested a credit for their eBay fees.

Please respond by Jun-13-2006 so eBay knows whether you have agreed

This is the first I had heard of this, so needless to say I was a little dumbstruck, since I had not mutually agreed to anything. This is the excuse he gave for ending the transaction:

Im very sorry I dammaged the item today and it is not repairable. Im very sorry for this inconvience and I cant belive what happend today.

thanks for bidding and i hope to be able to do business
with you in the future. (never sent to me, only to ebay)

I would like ebay to refund my FVF.

thanks.

I replied to Ebay:

This seller is quite the number. I have not agreed to any of this, and had planned to PayPal the money today. He gave a 1-2 day timeframe, and unfortunately yesterday was just too hectic to get anything but hospital work done

I then submitted a negative rating to Ebay that showed up as a positive but at least the first 90 characters of what I typed did show up.

In all you had a lot of time to pay it and i think there are some e-mails that have been omitted from our conversation. Besides you didnt pay me and no money was exchanged. so what are you complaining about ?

I have been dealing with Karim since he posted his auctions.

Karim has been great to deal with. I purchased several high priced items from Karim with little to no issues. I communicated with him via E-mail and negotiated fair prices. He is reasonable and good to deal with.

One item was shipped and damaged, and we had a very long battle with UPS. The box basically arrived "Ace Ventura" style. We had to deal with UPS putting up every imaginable roadblock to avoid paying for a replacement. UPS even closed the claim on us 3 times without letting us know... we had to keep calling and nagging them. Karim played a big part and was extremly helpful and in the end, we were reimbursed by UPS and a new item sent to me.

I still keep in contact with Karim and will continue to do business with him.

I am buying some hard-to-get parts from Karim, and I have never met a seller anywhere on the net that has put so much time and efforts in the trade. So far, I only have the best recommandations to give. He has spent quite some time on finding the best shipping solution for me, which is not easy as I am not located near any major port or airport in my country.
At the end, it is the amount out of my wallet that is my concern and not how much of the amount is for the item and how much for shipping. Karim is giving out some great offers on rare items. :smile:

Back