Anyone know this NSX?

That's a VERY good price unless there are "issues". The front end panel alignment seems very clean- doesn't look like a possible accident.

Almost makes me wish I hadn't bought a new DD last week....

Better see if you can find a local Prime guy to check it out, where ever it is, but NOT someone who might be in the market to pick up a 2000 at a good price. :wink:

Didn't see where it was located in the link.

Post up in the SE section since it has FL plates and that autohaus sticker can identify it.Plus if you do some Mcgiver enhancements to the bumper/hood reflection someone might be able to ID the guy taking the pics:wink:

Appears to be in Miami, FL. The price automatically throws up a red flag. I would proceed with caution, as with any vehicle purchase. :smile:

I emailed the seller and here is what he responded with (these are several responses that he has copied and pasted to interested parties)

I’ve received many inquiries so I am pasting from several letters I’ve sent.
About the 2000 NSX, it has not been in a collision. However, we were traveling when Katrina and the other storm that came with it went by here, and the vehicle had been left outside. It sustained some scratches in the right rear quarter panel. Also, just months ago, while being driven on the highway, a commercial box truck blew a tire in front of us and all kind of items went flying of its bed. A rod, of all things, struck the front bumper of the NSX perpendicular to the pavement, and upon hitting it, promptly bounced against the hood causing a scratch on the bumper and a small indent on the hood. Both of this maladies were professionally fixed about a month after they took place (the last incident being one of the reasons why we have finally decided to sell the veh. 1- it does not get driven enough, 2- traffic in South Florida is becoming too crazy!) There are new close up pics being posted on the (internet) ad, which show the veh finish at at very close range. The vehicle has never being modified except for the replacement of the shifter knob for the one you can see on the pics. It has not been driven much for the past 6 months and maybe for this reason or other, the check engine light came up recently. It has been inspected by two prospective buyers recently (both which failed to obtain proper financing) and taken to two different Acura dealerships. The check engine light has been diagnosed as a failure of Oxygen sensor 2 of bank 1 of the engine...the dealer quoted $475 to have it replaced. Also, the oil pan seal was found to be leaking (seal price = $75.) In light of this issues and because of the couple of failed sales that had me holding off serious inquiries about the car for more than a month now, I've decided to lower the offering price to $37,500. E-mail me with any further questions. I will be paying attention to the e-mails as I am looking to finish the sale soon and there is a few candidates interested, so I should get right back to you from now on.
Coincidentally I also owned a red 95 before. Drove that one for 80k miles with considerable vigor and to my estimation it did not hold up well to my driving (interior squeaks, rattles, etc.) This 2000 was driven as if it was made out of glass and in the last hour of a 24 hour race, that is “gingerly“, so it has held up considerably better. I paid it off before I put it up for sale. The pics you saw are after the damage was fixed, I found some (pre fix) where you might be able to see the scratches on the side and one showing the damage to the hood. As far as records, I know the coolant, brake fluid and fuel filter were changed at the dealer when my family acquired the car. After, I changed the air filter once. Other than that, just oil filter and changes is all that has been done to it. Frankly, I always thought I would keep this car indefinitely and never worried to keep the receipts for the oil changes. As far as the body repairs, they were carried out by the local BMW body shop. Their expertise include aluminum and even carbon fiber they said. They were the recommendation of the insurance adjustor. E-mail me with any further questions. I will be paying attention to the e-mails as I am looking to finish the sale soon and there is a few candidates interested, so I should get right back to you from now on.
As far as service records, the short term periodical requirements the manual calls for on that vehicle, specially if it only has been driven lightly, is for oil, oil filter and air filter changes. Those have been made religiously at about half the required time/mileage. The less frequent items that would have been required up to this time would be the fuel filter, brake fluid and coolant replacement and those were made right at the time my family acquired the vehicle (about 25k miles ago, 3 years ago.)
As far as timing belt, it is halfway through its service life by miles, although one could make the case that by time it could be changed already. I used to be in the high-line automotive service industry at the time of purchase, and the general consensus then and with several ACURA mechanics today is that time does not degrade the belt and unless the veh was going to be modified and or raced, it would be ok to wait.
We were traveling when Katrina and that other storm blew by and the veh had been left parked outside. It suffered some scratches on the right rear fender panel and the front bumper. Those were painted. Recently, on the highway, a rod flew out of a pickup's bed and hit the front bumper, which made it bounce against the hood. Both were repaired and repainted. The car fax on this vehicle should show those two small Insurance claims, neither over 2k.
The car belonged to my sister's ex-husband, although it was always titled in my mother's name. I drove it mostly, since he was always traveling. They divorced. I kept it, but now I need cash flow. If you have any other questions, or would like any close up pictures of any panels, etc. feel free to contact me anytime.
P.S. as far as the clutch, it does not slip, one of the interested candidates that examined the vehicle THOROUGHLY told me it needs a bit of adjustment at this point.

That's a lot of time with some vocabulary in there that this might not be a scam.

Just need one of those miami owners to take a look to see if it's legit.

Back