• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this car...any insight plz JH4NA1155RT800029

Hi Gents,

Looking to see if anyone knows anything about this NSX? I went and checked it out today as i was in the area for a meeting. It was dirty when I approached it, looked around it and paint seems in nice shape. Spoke to the sales guy and he stated that the car has been for sale for about 1 year or so. All reciepts are avilable and I did look through them. It has had the clutch replaced, water pump, and belts. It was serviced for all those major items by Stern Acura/Honda. There was a slight hit in the drivers side bumper but no damage to the chassis, just a slight concave look.
What I'm afraid of is that this car has been driven at some point during the winter when roads had been salted, I'm not sure if thats the case but for some reason just my thought process. Interior looks good and the only aftermarket mods are the exhaust and Wheels. Do any of you know why this hasn't sold or any history on it. Did do a search here but nothing came up, here is the vin # I obtained;

JH4NA1155RT800029

Thanks,

Re: Anyone know this car...any insight plz

Thank you Bram, I appreciate that. But at this point I am looking to see based on others experince and myself being a first time buyer. If anyone could shed some light on this car or what they feel about my inital post and there experince. Thanks in advance for any responses.

My car is similar, have done 180,000k and driven winters. Have had it for 12 years.
Do wash it (no touch machine) every time I put in gas in the winter.
Rob has just done the timing belt and he did a thorough underneath inspection.
No rust on any suspension or chassis frame parts.
Little bit on muffler and on a couple of bolts. So inspect it but do not worry so much about it if it has been winter driven.

Did you get a Carfax? $28k for a legit Canadian 94 is pretty good. There might be some stories on the report.

Car checks out well. As far as I can see, is has had just one owner and has been registered in the same city all its life.

Thanks guys for the replies. I am off to Quebec next week for business. So I will be holding off until the week following and pondering the Brookland Green colour. Still not 100% sure about the colour.

Took a quick look at this car as it's close to home for me. Looks pretty good from the the outside. Paint is too good for the mileage. I suspect a repaint/colour change but hard to tell without opening it up. This dealer seems to have a pretty good inventory of solid, fairly priced cars. Would be happy to help out and use my car as a comparison if you would like.

Thanks very much guys and thank you XYXXXY for providing me further insight based on directly looking at the car. I have decided that based on my research and also the numerous receipts of paperwork from the dealer on the car that I will be moving forward to discuss price with the dealer and see where it takes us. <O:p</O:p
XYXXXY, what did you think of the weather stripping and molding around the windows? I thought for the year of this car that they are in really good shape. I have to place a deposit before I can take it for a test drive, and thus will do so after I discuss pricing with the dealer as it doesn't warrant me going up to New Market if we can't come to an agreement on price. Very very excited about this opportunity, only thing is should I get a PPI done???<O:p</O:p

By the way, it was fired up when I went to see it and it started no problem and idle sounded fine, the rear wing rattled a bit but seemed some bolt had to be tightned.

OH, off topic but what the hell...FORZA ALONSO!!!

Last edited:
This car has been for sale for a while on trader and kijiji, so at end of the season you might be able to score a good deal if he wants to move it. In my opinion, its already pretty competitively priced for that year. On paper the only thing really against it are the km (slightly high) and the colour (I like the green but prob not the most desirable). Cant usually go wrong with one owner and Canadian car.

As with any car full service records are always a plus and worth a few extra bucks against the price. If he has all the paperwork I'd recommend just noting the previous owners info if you can and give them a call directly. Most past owners are usually happy to share the history of the car after they have sold it from my experience and you will know firsthand the story.

Goodluck!

Only saw the car from the outside so didn't get to see the weatherstripping around the doors. As i recall the windshield moulding was a little wavy but would have to have another look as i can't recall exactly.

As for the ppi, would absolutely get one done. i believe Erin mills acura and burlington acura are the two recommended by the club, and they also offer a discount to members. joytodrive (Owen) and Bram can give you the lowdown.

good luck

dave

Ha, I had to laugh when I saw the vin #. I thought it was mine. My car has an almost identical vin. ending in 800029. After reading posts and then comparing the vin, I realized there are two different digiits in the middle. Mine is a red 91.
Hi Gents,

Looking to see if anyone knows anything about this NSX? I went and checked it out today as i was in the area for a meeting. It was dirty when I approached it, looked around it and paint seems in nice shape. Spoke to the sales guy and he stated that the car has been for sale for about 1 year or so. All reciepts are avilable and I did look through them. It has had the clutch replaced, water pump, and belts. It was serviced for all those major items by Stern Acura/Honda. There was a slight hit in the drivers side bumper but no damage to the chassis, just a slight concave look.
What I'm afraid of is that this car has been driven at some point during the winter when roads had been salted, I'm not sure if thats the case but for some reason just my thought process. Interior looks good and the only aftermarket mods are the exhaust and Wheels. Do any of you know why this hasn't sold or any history on it. Did do a search here but nothing came up, here is the vin # I obtained;

JH4NA1155RT800029

Thanks,

to the OP if for whatever reason you need a second pair of eyes to take a look at the car lemme know. i just realized that its mins from my place.

Hi Guys, thought I would update the thread. I have been travelling quite alot for work of late, in and out of meetings so on and so forth...I had time in between to go through with a test drive, in which car seemed in good shape and then onto inspections etc...make my offer and negotiate a final price in which both I and dealer where happy with. I am going to be picking the car up this Saturday and am very excited, though I will be more excited once I am done with the travel for the month and have the car in the garage.

I will post picks once I have the car, thanks for everyones input.

Congrats. I took ownership a year ago and am still thrilled

Congrats on your NSX ownership.

Bram
QUOTE=lolab15;1655115]Hi Guys, thought I would update the thread. I have been travelling quite alot for work of late, in and out of meetings so on and so forth...I had time in between to go through with a test drive, in which car seemed in good shape and then onto inspections etc...make my offer and negotiate a final price in which both I and dealer where happy with. I am going to be picking the car up this Saturday and am very excited, though I will be more excited once I am done with the travel for the month and have the car in the garage.

I will post picks once I have the car, thanks for everyones input.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Guys, you know, now that I think about it and look at my first post regarding the car just purchased, it did seem quite quick. To be honest though I went back and forth between different cars for about 4-5 months before pulling the trigger on this one. I went back to this one on numerous occasions, humming about the colour when all of sudden one day I thought man this colour (to me) is very cool. And with all the paperwork associated with the car and one owner having owned it, everything checked out pretty well. I am still nervous to pick it up for some reason, probably because its my first exotic car, very excited though.

it did seem quite quick. To be honest though I went back and forth between different cars for about 4-5 months before pulling the trigger on this one.

That IS quick, it took me nearly 5 years to find mine. All year and I still love her as much as when I picked it up.

Back