• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in an Alberta meet?

I think it is about time to have another NSX meet similar to one we had in early June but perhaps expand it beyond Edmonton. Ryan and I brainstormed a few ideas over coffee and thought that a meet at Sylvan Lake in early September might attract NSXrs from all parts of Alberta ... maybe Sask & BC as well.

Before we get too far in the planing process we need to know if there is enough interest in such an event so please reply with your thoughts. Also, any suggestions besides Sylvan Lake would be appreciated so please feel free to throw out any ideas you may have.

Thanks.

Dan

I'd like to do it, it depends mostly on if I work that day. I've put on a lot of km's on my car, I kind of feel bad about it.

I vote we do go to Sylvan. It's in the middle of both Edmonton and Calgary (Sorry, Cody...) and it's a very nice place. There's ample parking and we could have a good lunch, cruise the beach and shoot the breeze before heading back.

Hi!

Got a call yesterday. Sorry, but I forgot who it was.... Anyways, I'd be up for an Edmonton one, but I figure I wouldn't have any time to drive to Sylvan Lake for a day.

Dave

Anyone up for doing this on Labour Day weekend???

We could cruise up the Sunday. It should still be nice out; and the city should be nice and active. Looking at the 14-day trend on the Weather Network, it says Sunny and 20ish... that'll change for sure, but it's a good start.

Anytime is great for me!
Just let me know.
The Wetaskiwin RCMP know me though from my trip home from B.C. so I have to go the speed limit throught that area.
Trev

That's okay... EPS know me from "stunting" in the underground lot at WEM... no ticket, but still...

So... Me, Dan, Trev for sure from Edmonton... Cody may come; I can call Albert (with the yellow one) and Sam (guy with an orange one I met on Whyte)... so maybe 6 from Edmonton...

Where is everyone? :confused:

Eddie, Albert, Roger, Rob .... etc.

We had 6 NSXs in June in Edmonton so we should be able to double this number easily.

Ryan and I will coordinate the Edmonton area folks ... anyone want to coordinate the Calgary area folks?

Any Sunday works for me but would it be better for people if we did this the week after the long weekend ... September 10th? What do you guys think.

I'm here !!! I'm here!!!!

I have been around ...but I have only driven my car 5 times this year and I just put in 40L of fuel into the car last week...for this past spring/summer I have been using petro from last year....

Labor day weekend may sort of work out for me...

I will be at Olds AB Sat/Sun... Got a paintball tourny to play out there that weekend. However the festivities end on Sunday around 4ish.....

Depending on how long you guys stay at Sylvan. I can make detour on my way home. However, there isn't much space in the NSX for all my gear and clothes unless I pack really like on the clothes so I may not drive the NSX out there...plus to get to the field there is a long stretch of dirt/gravel road....

Either Sunday Labour day long weekend or the following week is ok for me. I'll check back to this thread next Friday. I"ll be in Vancouver for the week. Would like to cruise with some fellow NSX owners. I know a guy that has a Z06. I'll see if he want's to join. Jimmy.

I'd like to attend. Could be a hit and miss depending on final date though. I'll keep checking back to this thread on what the concensus is on a time and date and do what I can to make the trek.

Tim

Was just there today... :D
Some pics...

GatewayParkinE-town.jpg

Gatewayonthewayhome.jpg

PaulsDSM.jpg

Phillsbeast.jpg

Rollin2.jpg

Randomhotties.jpg

Randomhotties2.jpg

Randomhotties3.jpg

Rollinhome.jpg

Well it looks like Sunday Sept 10 is the date since the 3rd is allmost upon us and little planning and response has been recieved.

The basic plan is to leave from Edmonton, Calgary, etc. in time to meet up at Slyvan Lake early afternoon and spend a couple hours getting to know each other, compare rides, take pictures, and swap lies. More detailed info will be posted in the next couple of days. Should be a fun few hours!

Please let us know if you are planning to attend.

Dan

Hi All,
I use to have a black/ivory 91, was sold to Greg earlier this year, and someone else made him an offer that he can't refuse....
I am now driving an 84 Lotus Esprit Turbo black/tan with the licence plate CIVIL. I will drive up to Sylvian Lake this Sunday (10th Sept) with David-NSX. Since both cars are 2 seater. Dave will drive one of my sons, I will drive the other one. Anyone want to drive up there together. We can meet at Deerfoot mall parking lot before hitting the highway. My # is 397-6667. anyone interested please let me know.
Ed

Back