Anyone in the NY, north NJ area?????

TonyD said:
This statement was my original concern about using these boards instead of the NSX mailing lists. I've since tried to make it a habit to frequently look at the northeast forums to keep up to date with activities.

But I disagree with this and feel that if there is going to be a potential get-together, it should be announced using either this forum and/or the existing NSX mailing lists for the Northeast instead of creating new private email lists (unless you are only inviting a select few people):

[email protected]

See NSX Mailing Lists for info on how to subscribe to the lists.

Just my $0.02 :)

Ditto Tony! For something like this, it's better to get notification via the NSX list instead of having to shuffle through all of the posts. Unless of course, as Tony stated, if it's something private and you only want a select few to attend, then by all means.

or maybe it is just for a local meet for dinner, movie, night out on the town, for the NYC/NJ peeps that the entire NE group probably don't want to hear about.

Understand Tony's suggestion thou, and thanks for the two other follow up comments.

Btw I am on the mailing list, I don't think i have received more than 2 emails yet....

I have to say, I barely ever get anything in the "snail mail" either. I never knew there was a mailing list. I always hear about things from other members, NSXUpperEast, or Prime. Actually sometimes we get flyers only at the end of an event that we are at. I don't know, maybe I'm not on a list?? The only stuff I get is renewals for the NSXCA, and the small quarterly mag.

It would be nice to have quick meet :) I missed all the gatherings this year, do to not stable engine after turbo upgrade. Didn't want to risk long drive, but last 3 weeks I took some long drives and finally after tunning it in over and over my engine is running excellent.

I'll be for sure in the next meeting.

Nopi nationals will be in ATCO raceway NJ in few weeks. Anyone going to check it out?

Argh, where were you guys 2 years ago when I lived in Bergen Co?

;) :D

Nsxdemon81, I'm in west orange in NJ. But I just blow a piston ring, so engine rebuild for me, and mabye 3 weeks shop.

Hi winreboot,

On your 07/30/2004 post, you stated:
I missed all the gatherings this year, do to not stable engine after turbo upgrade
On your 08/08/2004 post, you stated:
But I just blow a piston ring, so engine rebuild for me, and mabye 3 weeks shop.

Engine rebuild? Ouch!:( Does this piston ring failure have anything to do with the previous situation?

The problem was that I just wanted light stage one turbo, but it simes that is not possible with nsx. Either you get full blown space rocket or drive NA. After getting the car where it should be with upgrades it was running awesome, but damage was done already with the first fuel management I had. Now I have aem ems, aem wideband x2, intank fuel pump, 550cc, comptech pg2, hks boost controller etc, etc .... So it was running good, but it was too late for the ringland. Last week it was running the best ever, just before it give a way. Now it starts and drives but on 5 cylinders. A lot of blow by in crank case, causing exhaust coming out of crank vent.

Will be sending the engine to local shop for low compression 9:1 engine build.

winreboot said:
The problem was that I just wanted light stage one turbo, but it simes that is not possible with nsx... Will be sending the engine to local shop for low compression 9:1 engine build.

I hope things work out for you and you get the car back the way you want it. I'm sure a lot of money has been invested in the initial turbo install, and unfortunately going to cost you even more, not to mention the down time. Maybe my age is starting to show, but after seeing failed attempts on turbos and supercharger installs, other than perhaps an intake upgrade, I'm a firm believer in keeping the NSX engine itself stock. I don't mean to sound like an old fart, but if 270 or 290 hp is not exotic enough for ones satisfaction, then perhaps the NSX is not the right car for you. It kills me when I attend (or see an exotic event posted) where there are Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Vipers, Porsches, Lotus', etc., and if there is one car that is blinged out, it's the NSX.:(

Yes, if I know FI is such a pain, I would stay with NA if I know before.

I went with FI because every car before nsx I had was FI and was used to some extra HP. I will agree with you that NA is the way HONDA wanted nsx to be.

So far I'm $7,500 down and $2,000 to $3,500 to go with engine rebuild. (will find out when engine is taken a part) This is the money I don't have and everything is going on credit card. The only thing that keeps me happy is that the car will be the way I wanted/dream in first place.

NA is the way to go. IMO

winreboot said:
Yes, if I know FI is such a pain, I would stay with NA if I know before.

I went with FI because every car before nsx I had was FI and was used to some extra HP. I will agree with you that NA is the way HONDA wanted nsx to be.

So far I'm $7,500 down and $2,000 to $3,500 to go with engine rebuild. (will find out when engine is taken a part) This is the money I don't have and everything is going on credit card. The only thing that keeps me happy is that the car will be the way I wanted/dream in first place.

NA is the way to go. IMO

Sorry to hear about your car and good luck with the new set up . Hope it performs better then the last attempt

Back