Anyone has done clear bra on your front bumper?

I have berlina black front bumper and need to be repainted fresh new soon and thought about clear bra. Any thoughts? Thank you

If you can afford Xpel, then heck yeah! I just went for a quote for my 03 full front and it was very expensive here in NY. I'm not sure if I can afford it at the moment. But if you can afford it, it's the best money you ever spend.

I have berlina black front bumper and need to be repainted fresh new soon and thought about clear bra. Any thoughts? Thank you

I have Xpel on the hood, bumper and half fenders. Best money I ever spent. A word of caution though: if you put clearbra on a respray if it has to come off it may take the paint with it. This from my installer who asked if my paint was original. He even did a paint depth test to see before he'd put on the clearbra.

First thing I had done to my X was have the full front clear bra'ed. It's lots cheaper to have it done half way, but when you go to wax it, the wax gets jammed where the clear bra ends. If you have the money (mine cost $1,200) I would highly recommend the whole front end done... makes waxing much easier. Either way, it really is a good investment.

Also, make sure the paint shop you use provides a quality outcome. I've heard that people have had their clear bra removed only to find the adhesive stripped some of the paint off.

Last edited:
I agree with expel clear bra!!!
New paint can cause an issue upon removal.
I just used gloss black 3M vinyl wrap on my front Wings West spoiler to get the resistance/flexibility of clear bra without the expense of both paint and clear bra. I am happy with the results.

My opinion... Do not just do the front bumper.

Bumper, Hood, lower bumper, A Pillars, top of windshield, Fenders, Rockers, Clearplex/windshield, rear spats, Side vent openings, Bottom of Fuel filler, side panels where you put your hand in to open the door...

My opinion... Do not just do the front bumper.

Bumper, Hood, lower bumper, A Pillars, top of windshield, Fenders, Rockers, Clearplex/windshield, rear spats, Side vent openings, Bottom of Fuel filler, side panels where you put your hand in to open the door...

I second that. I have all of that covered. And since you have an 02+ NSX, I would also suggest the headlights. I had my targa covered as well. The targa can get scratched removing and stowing it. As for the expense, I paid good money for my dream car so if I have to save a little more money to afford the best, that's what I'll do so I can drive it the way it was designed.

Bumping an old thread to check in to see how the XPEL film has been holding up. Any regrets or advice are appreciated as I'm ready to have my car done.

I second that. I have all of that covered. And since you have an 02+ NSX, I would also suggest the headlights. I had my targa covered as well. The targa can get scratched removing and stowing it. As for the expense, I paid good money for my dream car so if I have to save a little more money to afford the best, that's what I'll do so I can drive it the way it was designed.

between these two lists, what ISNT covered? :confused:

I did everything forward of the doors. My only regret is that I didn't have it done immediately after I purchased the car. It was expensive and worth every cent! If I could I'd have the entire car covered ina clear bra.

doors from the trim panel up, rear fenders (partially covered) trunk, rear bumper (only the part behind the rear wheels) and a good portion of the targa and side panels except where the cups for the door handles are.

I did everything forward of the doors. My only regret is that I didn't have it done immediately after I purchased the car. It was expensive and worth every cent! If I could I'd have the entire car covered ina clear bra.

Hey Jeff, is it Xpel?
I'd like to check it out at the next meet if we are both there.

Hi Jim,

Yes, it's Xpel Ultimate film. I'd be glad to show it to you the next time we all get together. I've been happy with the product and results

I had Xpel Ultimate installed on my car; everything from the A-pillars forward (including the A-pillars and the Shine GT-spec front lip). I am overall happy with it except the following:

1) my installer did not take the film all the way to the edges and wrap it underneath the panels. Instead he stopped just a few mm short of the edge of each panel. I was told this helps prevent peeling, but after seeing Xpel Ultimate installed all the way to the edges on other NSXs with no issues, I wish my installer did it that way too. I intend to get this replaced, eventually.

2) I have some stretch/impact marks. I am not sure what caused it but it appears to be in the film in two different spots. Most of the time it isn't visible but I see them because I know they are there. I don't think there is any way to fix this unfortunately and the film doesn't 'heal over it.'

The film has been on my car for about a year now and 30K miles; driven from the East coast to the West coast and now in Hawai'i. I can definitely see where the film has absorbed a lot of damage (especially on the front lip) and am happy with the protection it provides.

I had Xpel Ultimate installed on my car; everything from the A-pillars forward (including the A-pillars and the Shine GT-spec front lip). I am overall happy with it except the following:

1) my installer did not take the film all the way to the edges and wrap it underneath the panels. Instead he stopped just a few mm short of the edge of each panel. I was told this helps prevent peeling, but after seeing Xpel Ultimate installed all the way to the edges on other NSXs with no issues, I wish my installer did it that way too. I intend to get this replaced, eventually.

2) I have some stretch/impact marks. I am not sure what caused it but it appears to be in the film in two different spots. Most of the time it isn't visible but I see them because I know they are there. I don't think there is any way to fix this unfortunately and the film doesn't 'heal over it.'

The film has been on my car for about a year now and 30K miles; driven from the East coast to the West coast and now in Hawai'i. I can definitely see where the film has absorbed a lot of damage (especially on the front lip) and am happy with the protection it provides.

I think Xpel has a 10 year warranty. I'm pretty sure that they will replace the torn pieces.

Back