Anyone familar with Empire Motorcars in Garland, TX

I was interested in purchasing a vehicle there and I was wondering if any one has any experience with them. The reason I'm asking here is because when I was looking at the pictures online I saw 2 NSXs in the background. Thanks in advance.

I'd be really careful about buying ANY car in Garland, lol (I grew up there). Honestly, I'd only buy an NSX from an Acura dealer or an individual (and have a PPI done first). When you buy from a [small] shop like that, you have NO way of knowing why a shop like that got their hands on a car like that.

a LOT of small car lots buy trashed cars for cheap, then do a halfass job fixing them up so that they look sellable and then you get stuck with a junk car.

if you were buying a honda civic or a ford focus, i'd say go for it... just be careful. I'm in/near garland all the time (if you're not) and I'd be happy to go have a look at the car for you.

give me a call if you want 469-348-3171

Thanks. It's not for another NSX, maybe later :biggrin:, but it's for a TSX that they have there.

If you can stop by I would really, really appreciate it. They close at 7. Here's the link and my number. Thanks in advance.

TSX

Moses 210-3.9.4.9.7.6.3.

I went by there about a week & a half ago (I was in the area) to check out the black NSX they had there. It looked clean enough at first glance, but I could see the putty-in job to cover the holes on the nose where they removed the front emblem (they did a bad job) & the whole car generally looked like it had been buffed with a dirty rag (or sandpaper). Lots of swirl marks!

The place is practically a "tote-the-note" lot (actually, I think it IS one) in a run down area of town. Not the best place to buy nice cars. Google their address, then click on street view to see for yourself.

God knows what has been done, not done, or what it needs. For a '94, is it worth the $22,888 they're asking with 139,XXX miles? Who knows. Considering it probably came from auction, they probably do not have much in it.

Let me know if you still want someone to take a look at the TSX...

Last edited:
good choice sir!

Back