Anyone do this? Paint center bar in bumper's mouth

Couldn't think of a better way to describe it. :biggrin:
Made a quick chop.
nsxmiddle1.jpg

Sorry I had to steal someone's image. Lemme know if you want me to take it down.

I dont think people have tried that before? If I wanted to get that look I would try to remove it and get some body work done. I would probably notice the black "center bar bumper" all the time and it would drive me nuts. I always wanted to try some kind of screen to cover that area and the other two but most of the time its looks so lame on any cars.

Last edited:
Is this my car? Looks F-like, no? Still like it, no nightmares about it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1125(2).JPG
    IMG_1125(2).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
oscar_driver have done that for a while already on his nsx

DSC03933.jpg

In fact, when the NS-X first came out as a concept, it had the big mouth look. The biggest criticism of the car's styling was the big mouth. I remember reading that on Autoweeks and R&T and I agreed. I was very pleased that the car came out with a split mouth. The big mouth look is also the same reason why I never liked the 2002+ which is even worse.
Steve

In fact, when the NS-X first came out as a concept, it had the big mouth look. The biggest criticism of the car's styling was the big mouth.
Times changed a little bit over the last 20 years. The visible split reminds reminds me of a car that is about to fall apart if you remove the split. Better not make it visible. :tongue: I don't care what some journalists wrote 20 years back. :)

Looks much better with the big mouth. It looked waaaaaaay tooooo busy with that split bar going down the middle.

Thanks for the pics. I really like the painted / vinyled bar.

I had mine painted as well.

NSX_img003_small.jpg

It makes the front look less busy and more modern.

"big mouth" look reminds me of civics and integras that kids like to do to make their 4-cylinder put-putters look big and mean.

The NSX doesn't need that..

"big mouth" look reminds me of civics and integras that kids like to do to make their 4-cylinder put-putters look big and mean.

The NSX doesn't need that..

It may not need it but you have to admit that it looks better in the civic, the integra and the nsx.

No modern exotic or any car for that matter have that bar running across the bumper anymore. Its an outdated design just the shelf rear bumper of our cars or the retractable antenna.

Mine is being painted now, when we were laying everything out we went round and round about what should be black and what should be body color. In the end we wound up with a fair amount of parts in a combination of gloss and satin black to compliment the Lamborghini Orange.

Center piece was black but does not seem like it in this photo. But looks better. This was a modified 91 bumper to fit 02 headlamp. I was too poor back then. :tongue:

5772Lowered_002.jpg

Center piece was black but does not seem like it in this photo. But looks better. This was a modified 91 bumper to fit 02 headlamp. I was too poor back then. :tongue:

5772Lowered_002.jpg

Poor man or not. I think the earlier bumper with 2002 light combo is the best I have ever seen on a NSX. I would buy one today if it was available.
Ken

Back