Anyone actually believe this auction? JH4NA21675S000136

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Acura-NSX-Like-New-/401025228056?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Auction started yesterday with a $10,000 opening bid. BIN is $127,900 :eek:

After only one day the bidding is up to $105k, the reserve has not yet been met and there are 8 days left on the auction.

Plus there is a brand new ebayer who pushed it over $100k.

Not passing my sniff test............

And I know prices are rising and it has less than 2000 miles but the seller is a dealer who is looking to flip it after buying it from another dealer.

Anyone know what the most recent sale price was before the flip?

I believe it is an honest ad.

I suspect the dealer is trying to set a watermark and feeling out prices pre-spring. I wouldn't be surprised if the collectors are doing some serious reconnaissance on all low mileage collectible NSXs prior to the new car's launch. I wouldn't consider it a smart buy at $120k - but I wouldn't be utterly stunned if someone puts down that cash for the car. I have no doubt an ultra low mileage 2005 NSX will be a $120k car within 5 years (including inflation adjustment)

Probably got a friend to bid it up to create hype and get entice one real bidder to actualize the amount. If they don't get a legitimate bid, they'll mutually cancel the bid.

The person who bid it up has 0 feedback, go figure. :rolleyes:

And the reserve at $110k isn't met?

Jh4na21675s000136 Black / onyx

I had it as a one owner car, 10 miles as of 2005 in state of Montana.

For sale Cars dot com 6-2015 priced at $99.3 K.

No comment(s) on listing and bid history.

It certainly looks GREAT! :biggrin:

84000 GBP (buy it now price) it probably what would be asked for it in the UK (if it were RHD and a uk car), maybe closer to 100,000 GBP ( 150,000 USD) to be honest but the market is a lot smaller, so not as much competition, but on the flip side, not as many potential buyers :)

If I could sell mine for $127K, I would be buying the new NSX asap.

This car definitely looks like a gem, but it carries a gem price. I'd rather buy this car and a supercharger rather than the new nsx.

I love the guys like this on ebay. the BIN is insane to me but thats not really my problem, i guarantee these guys have the reserve at like 125... i jus love vehicles that go up for "auction" when they are just clearly trying to market it essentially for cheaper and not really willing to deal. Im currently bidding on a car where their reserve is only 2.9% less than their BIN

Wow. Only a dummy or collector would pay that much with the new NSX only a little more than this asking price.

And isn't shill bidding on EBay an account-ending offense, if proven?

Bullshit detector going off like crazy
I especially like the way it's photographed parked outside the gates of a presumably lavish estate. Yes, OUTSIDE. How do I know it's on the outside? Because if the estate actually belonged to the owner, he would photograph it in front of the house, not just next to the gates. :biggrin:

Looks like it was sold to Wilholt, and is on eBay again at a higher number. He specializes in ultra collectible Porsche 993 Turbos, might realize the potential of this collector piece.

I especially like the way it's photographed parked outside the gates of a presumably lavish estate. Yes, OUTSIDE. How do I know it's on the outside? Because if the estate actually belonged to the owner, he would photograph it in front of the house, not just next to the gates. :biggrin:

LOL ! Look at the rest of the cars they are selling. Same backdrop. Very akward angles.

Back