Anybody know this NSX JH4NA216XYT000260

I was actually first in line to purchase that car. Just finalized the loan with my bank and am waiting for the ower to get back to me. The owner John Perkins told me that the car will need some maitence performed. The timing belt water pump and clutch need to be replaced.

Hope you have built in the maintenance costs to get a baseline. Something about this car I did not like, maybe a car poorly looked after all its life. To each his own, enjoy the car....

I figured it would cost another 5k to get the maitence up todate. Have you seen the car in person? What is it about the car that you didnt like?

I figured it would cost another 5k to get the maitence up todate. Have you seen the car in person? What is it about the car that you didnt like?

Your comment is valid. I have not seen the car in person but have been in the hunt for a car for almost 5 years. Got one now!! yeh babe!!! This car just looked like it does not have the love and care. I could be wrong. But my 5 years says "be concerned" that all.......

I would rather buy a car for a little more that has all maint. done and good history than save a few bucks and do the work myself.

Problem is if a car isnt well maintained the current problems may be the tip of the iceberg. There may be items on the verge of failing that you wont know about until a few months down the line.

Just my .02 worth

Jman

Your comment is valid. I have not seen the car in person but have been in the hunt for a car for almost 5 years. Got one now!! yeh babe!!! This car just looked like it does not have the love and care. I could be wrong. But my 5 years says "be concerned" that all.......

Yeah I too have been looking for one ever since I sold my 97 NSX a couple years ago.

I would rather buy a car for a little more that has all maint. done and good history than save a few bucks and do the work myself.

Problem is if a car isnt well maintained the current problems may be the tip of the iceberg. There may be items on the verge of failing that you wont know about until a few months down the line.

Just my .02 worth

Jman

Thats what I did when I bought my first NSX. It was a black 97 with 31k miles in mint condition with all the maitenance records. It was actually too nice of a car for this new england weather. I drove it almost every day and put about 10k miles on it in 6 months.
But for the price that this 2000 is selling for I cant pass it up. I think with a little love and care it will be a nice car again. I just hope the owner hasnt sold it yet. He was suppose to give me a couple days to get a loan but hasnt responded to my emails or phone calls. :T

I would be too.
It could also mean that he was in the process of selling to you, so he was just clearing out all other prospective buyers such as myself. I hope you get the car and make it a killer... I think you have the right approach to making this car a terrififc ride.

I would be too.
It could also mean that he was in the process of selling to you, so he was just clearing out all other prospective buyers such as myself. I hope you get the car and make it a killer... I think you have the right approach to making this car a terrififc ride.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope your right but I have a feeling he sold it to someone else. Hes not answering my emails or phone calls. I already told him to consider the car sold that I just needed to get approved from my bank and I would pick up the car this week. :T

Thats what I did when I bought my first NSX. It was a black 97 with 31k miles in mint condition with all the maitenance records. It was actually too nice of a car for this new england weather. I drove it almost every day and put about 10k miles on it in 6 months.
But for the price that this 2000 is selling for I cant pass it up. I think with a little love and care it will be a nice car again. I just hope the owner hasnt sold it yet. He was suppose to give me a couple days to get a loan but hasnt responded to my emails or phone calls. :T

I stand corrected.... reading what you said about "with a little love it can be a nice car again" I started thinking... why am I telling him not to bring a car back from the dead???? we need these cars looked at.

I understand your POV on this... I assumed you were doing it to SAVE money, not do a public service;)

If you dont mind me asking, how much was he asking for the 00' (how many miles, color, transmission, etc)

Jman

I stand corrected.... reading what you said about "with a little love it can be a nice car again" I started thinking... why am I telling him not to bring a car back from the dead???? we need these cars looked at.

I understand your POV on this... I assumed you were doing it to SAVE money, not do a public service;)

If you dont mind me asking, how much was he asking for the 00' (how many miles, color, transmission, etc)

Jman

He was asking 33k for it. He paid 34k for it a few months ago. A GPW 2000 NSX-T for 33k? It had 45k miles and was a 6 speed.

BTW hes not answering me so he must off sold it. He seemed like a nice guy when i spoke with him last Friday but that was a pretty shady move if you ask me.He should have waited to hear from me before selling it to someone else. I wasted alot of time getting approved on that loan. :mad:

Last edited:
BTW his name is John Perkins just in case any of you have to deal with him in the future. I dont know what name he goes by here but supposidly he owned 5 of these things and currently also has a 2005 silver NSX.

Wow, this is really funny - in a strange kind of way. You see one of the first people I met on Prime was John Perkins. He reached out to me and coached me. He and I talked for months and I thought we'd become good friends. I lost his phone number and I knew someone that had it - Barney, the barn man, and called and asked if I could get it as I hadn't heard from John in a while. Apparently John decided he didn't want to continue talking to me - right out of the blue - very odd. I still wonder about it all. I like John a lot - wish he still wanted to talk.:confused:

Point of the story is this; he told me about this car - we looked at it together remotely over email - which was the first referrence given by my buddy Sid (sidwac). John was thinking of buying the car - we talked about the price and what a good price would be for the car. With the things listed that it needed it would have taken over 5k to get it right. A stock clutch in an NA2 is around 5k I believe. I'm sure Barney would have done the work had John decided to keep it. I actually didn't think he was going to buy it - well apparently he went over there and bought it.

The oddest thing in the world is that he would have bought it for 34k and offered it for 33k - wierd! I can't speak for John, but this car would have been a good deal at that price but one would have expected to put at least 7k into it. I bet he had Barney look at it or give him some idea of how much it would cost to get it in shape. He decided he didn't want to take it on would be my suspicion cause John is a perfectionist - he keeps his 05 so you can eat off the engine or hood or any other place on the car - it is waxed to perfection. At least that's what I remember from what John told me about it when we used to talk.

That's all I know - I'm very surprised at this but then John has surprised me before. So I'm sure he reads your emails NSXR-NH but can't say why he doesn't answer. He just stopped answering my emails too. He's a nice guy - just a bit peculiar. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he just decided to keep it and just is telling people he's sold it. That wouldn't surprise me at all!

I haven't seen him post in a loooong time. He had an avatar of an engine and his handle was Blvnhm - something like that and then it was a picture of one of the NSX furure protos -and I saw that and knew it was John - wrote him - never got an answer. Oh well - that's John or all I know of him anyway. Hope you find a car and maybe one day John will re-appear - but I wouldn't count on it.

bromley - Have you considered, given that he's a member here and didn't relist it here, that he'd prefer to keep his info private? And yes, I did speak to him about the car and am aware of why he sold it.

NSXR-NH - Sounds like you didn't put down a deposit. So stop whining.

bromley - Have you considered, given that he's a member here and didn't relist it here, that he'd prefer to keep his info private? And yes, I did speak to him about the car and am aware of why he sold it.

Sounds like you're privy to some info we are not. Like the deposit thing...maybe that was private info too. I haven't said anything I believe is harmful to John. Everyone knows his name - what difference does it make if folks know he's a prime member? You have confirmed that anyway now. I'm not sure I catch your drift. Sounds like you may be a friend of John.

Your post isn't particularly nice to NH. I don't know but you sure make a lot of suppositions or you have info you shouldn't be making known about the guy that is "whinning" - no one knew anything about a deposit. Some people won't take a deposit. Some folks just make a verbal deal - I don't suppose or pretend to know anything about their conversations - I think your post is a little off base - surely not in keeping with the "prime" objective of being helpful.

I am sure of one thing - John Perkins is a private man. That's all. That is most likely where we differ. He's the one that talked me into buying the car I bought - he's the one that talked me into using Barney, the barn man - thankfully. That's all I'll tell you about my conversations with John - cause the rest I don't care to share. I surely don't mean to hurt John's feelings or harm him in any way. I like John. I'd love to talk with him again and hope to one day.

Over and out.

Sounds like you're privy to some info we are not. Like the deposit thing...maybe that was private info too. I haven't said anything I believe is harmful to John. Everyone knows his name - what difference does it make if folks know he's a prime member? You have confirmed that anyway now. I'm not sure I catch your drift. Sounds like you may be a friend of John.

Your post isn't particularly nice to NH. I don't know but you sure make a lot of suppositions or you have info you shouldn't be making known about the guy that is "whinning" - no one knew anything about a deposit. Some people won't take a deposit. Some folks just make a verbal deal - I don't suppose or pretend to know anything about their conversations - I think your post is a little off base - surely not in keeping with the "prime" objective of being helpful.

I am sure of one thing - John Perkins is a private man. That's all. That is most likely where we differ. He's the one that talked me into buying the car I bought - he's the one that talked me into using Barney, the barn man - thankfully. That's all I'll tell you about my conversations with John - cause the rest I don't care to share. I surely don't mean to hurt John's feelings or harm him in any way. I like John. I'd love to talk with him again and hope to one day.

Over and out.

I've only talked to the man once about his car. He told me why he was selling it, and that it would be first come, first served - obvious as there are many people who'd want to buy a low mileage, NA2 for a good price.

Therefore I can conclude:

1) NSXR-NH didn't put down a deposit, and he is out of line posting the owner's info and talking smack.

2) You're missing the point. Everyone knows the previous owner's name b/c of NSXR-NH's posts, and I'd be pissed if someone did the same to me. My original question to you is why add to the injustice by continuing the conversation?

Chew on that while you compose your essay-like response.

PVMIKE is right. If you really wanted the car you would offer a deposit. Do you how many times you hear as a seller, "I will buy this car if......goes thru" If they don't have any money in hand than they can't hold on to it in all honesty. I gave my seller a deposit since he lived out of state. He agreed to hold the car since that. Be very upfront with the seller and he will be upfront to you. PVmike probably doesn't know anything about the deal is my guess by 90% of sellers with multiple people looking at the car will say bring a deposit if you are serious OR first guy with the money in hand gets the car. That is part of buying a car private party. If you have to get a loan compared to the next guy with cash than you are at a disadvantage. Cash in hand allows better negotiation.

Last edited:

First of all, I was not asked to put down a deposit. When I first saw the car listed for 33k I thought it was a scam. I emailed john and he told me to call him which I did. After talking to him for a while I figured the sale was legit. John needed money to fix something with his house. He did not ask me for a deposit. I would have sent him one if he did. We had a verbal agreement that he would give me time until the bank approval.
I would have sent him 10k if he wanted to. I knew the bank loan wouldnt be an issue. I told john I would come down there with a bank check and the rest in cash. He insisited that he wanted cash. That itself would take another day or two to clear before i can withdrawl the cash from my account. The bank I went through was AddisonAvenue. They are based in California. So before you tell me to stop whining maybe you should listen to all the facts.

Last edited:
Back