Anybody done Tein S-TECH springs w/Bilsteins?

If the Tein springs drop the car 1" what perch did you use
on the Bilsteins - if you did the lower perch what was the total
drop?

The lower spring perch will lower it by around 0.9", the total drop will be 1.9". :eek: I think the car is not very drivable with that much drop.

If you want a slight drop and a stiffer ride, Tein springs and Bilstein on the standard perch would be a good combination. If you just want it lowered, then just stay with stock springs on the Bilstein lower spring perch. It'll improve handling without the stiffer ride.

Did you get another NSX? :cool:

CDub said:
The lower spring perch will lower it by around 0.9", the total drop will be 1.9". :eek: I think the car is not very drivable with that much drop.

If you want a slight drop and a stiffer ride, Tein springs and Bilstein on the standard perch would be a good combination. If you just want it lowered, then just stay with stock springs on the Bilstein lower spring perch. It'll improve handling without the stiffer ride.

Did you get another NSX? :cool:

I just got some new wheels for my car, 18/19 combo. Now I have a nice gap and would like to lower it a bit to close that gap. Can I just get some Eibach lowering kit with stock suspension or should I get the Bilstein shocks with stock springs? I'm on a very tight budget since I just spent a lot of money on my wheels set up. What's the life expectancy of a stock shocks? My car is a 91 and still rides really nice. I'd appreciate any feedback.

I have gone down that same path myself. My car had 22k in 98 and I installed a set of Eibach springs and Dali sway bars. It sways less, but I never felt the tail is going to stay put on turns.

I then installed a set of Bilsteins on standard perch with the Eibach springs and a set of SoS non-compliance toe links 2 years ago. It was like night and day.

So to answer your question, since you have the shocks and springs out already, if you can spend another $500+ for a set of Bilstein, you can safe the money on having to install the shocks in a later day.

If I had to do it again, for a 91, I'd keep the stock springs and use the lower spring perch to lower the car by 0.9". Do a seach for pics of cars with that setup.

Eibachs only - $250+install lowers the car by 1.25"

Bilsteins only - $550+install lowers the car by 0.9" with improved handling

Or both at the same time.

Last edited:
Anyone else running this combo or Bilsteins on lower perch + other lowering springs (Eibach, Dali, H&R, etc)? Any pics will be greatly appreciated.

I will have the Bilsten shocks next week or so, planning on running lower perch + Tein springs. Total drop will be approximately 1.6" front, 1.9" rear.

Scin said:
I'm running this setup with the Bilsteins on the top perch. I wouldn't suggest doing the bottom perch. I have pics of my setup posted here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65266

The handling was considerably better then with the old worn out shocks.
Thanks for your feedback and pics, your NSX looks great. I like your wheels a lot.

Do anyone you think I have enough room for another 7/8" drop without effecting driveablilty too much?

Pic below is already with Tein S Tech springs installed. The gap on the front bothers me, but the front spoiler is already only 3~3.5in off the ground.

11309after8.jpg

Jason,

Your car looks outstanding and I am sure it handles great. You don't need to lower it further unless you are really driven to it for some reason.

Jason,

With OEM tire sizes, I wouldn't drop more than 1" total. The car sits very nicely right now. I won't change a thing unless you are looking for the slammed look.

What you got going for you is that you have the factory 7-spokes. The higher profile tires do accentuate the size of the wheel-well gaps like a 35/30 series tires, off of a 18/19 setup, would. The smaller outside diameters of the tires give you fairly low ground clearance already. With 5-spoke wheels, the 1.25" drop makes me scrape everywhere already.

IMO, it looks great now. Very clean!

Steve W., what have you done to your suspension? Any updates?

I'm on OEM shocks with Bilsteins. I have a bodykit on the car and its scraping everywhere. My brother, Hutch says the ride is great for me, and he knows I don't like harsh rides, cuz its real stiff on his Type R. I've never driven the car yet, so I can't say personally. It scraped the first day the car was picked up, but the front Kei Office Lip is quite low. I can't imagine going any lower even on a 18/19 setup. Makes me admire the red NSX slammed on Yoko AVS Advan 5s here on this forum. How does he drive?:biggrin:

Stock 16/17 rims with kit.

No kit with 17/18.

I don't track the car and I drive like a girl. Comfort is a priority so this setup should be fine for me. :tongue:

Back