Any student here with NSX?

Hello,

I am sorry for the silly question.
Is anyone here currently a student in a college (BS/BA and etc.), a graduate school (MA/PHD), or a professional school (MD, JD, MBA and etc.)?

Do you regularly drive to school in your NSX? Do you feel comfortable driving your NSX to school?

Please don't take this question in a wrong way.

I'm not a student any more, but when I did go to Chiropractic school, there were a few guys with really nice cars (I had a 300zx then) and we parked together in a cluster to protect each other. It depends on your school. Is it a very public parking lot, is it sheltered and or patrolled? I would drive it to school just like anywhere else unless there were reasons not to.

TigerNSX said:
Hello,

I am sorry for the silly question.
Is anyone here currently a student in a college (BS/BA and etc.), a graduate school (MA/PHD), or a professional school (MD, JD, MBA and etc.)?

Do you regularly drive to school in your NSX? Do you feel comfortable driving your NSX to school?

Please don't take this question in a wrong way.

Yong, I am a full time student at TSOHK, and park my car in the underground parking area, the only problem that I've had has been people stealing the chrome valve caps from the wheels. They've done this off of 2 cars, and it pisses me off, but you know that it's better to be pissed off, than pissed on!! :eek:

I am not a student anymore, thank God!
When I was a student back in 1991, one urologist drove a red NSX to the hospital everyday and we used to just stare and drool all over the car. Nowadays with so many new Benzs, M3s, and sport cars driven by college students everywhere, the NSX is still impressive but certainly not as big of a deal as before.
Steve

I already went to a graduate school and I have been working for about 5 years since the graduation.

I am thinking about going to "yet another" graduate school (I have already been admitted to the school of my choice), but I need a car to commute - I currently take the subway to work.

I wonder whether I should drive my NSX to the school, but I would feel quite self-conscious driving a car that draws a lot of attention (granted, there are many students who drive nice cars which cost more than used NSXs, but it seems that NSX always draws lots of attention).

I am thinking about a beater for this purpose. However, although I have decent savings and I do not owe any money on my NSX, I do not want to have an added financial burden of insurance for an extra beater car when I am a student.

I don't know why I like school so much. :biggrin:

I'm a student. I'm at Florida Atlantic University, and I drive my NSX to school everyday. It's funny, the NSX seems to attract less attention than my yellow Z3 did. As far as parking goes, just find good spots if you can, but I wouldn't worry too much. I'll be graduating soon, but I'm still going to be a student. I'm going into an MBA program. I think I'll have a second car soon so that I don't rack up the miles on the NSX though. I've had it for two years and put on 30k miles since then. Fortunately the car only had 29k when I bought it.

It is hit or miss,you run the same chance of getting abused in any public parking situation,be it a school,mall,work ect.If you park too far off the beaten path you run the risk of breakin/vandalism,if you park with everone else you run the risk of dings,your choice.

I just graduated a couple of years ago but I regularly drove my '91 NSX to school as my commuter car. People got used to me being the 'car kid' and left my cars alone. While the NSX got attention, I also used a '94 Lotus Esprit S4 and a '90 Ferrari 348ts as college commuter cars as well.....now THOSE got some attention. :D

I am in college right now and I drive my nsx daily with no problems.

whiteNSXs said:
I am not a student anymore, thank God!
When I was a student back in 1991, one urologist drove a red NSX to the hospital everyday and we used to just stare and drool all over the car. Nowadays with so many new Benzs, M3s, and sport cars driven by college students everywhere, the NSX is still impressive but certainly not as big of a deal as before.
Steve

I remember seeing quite a few Ferraris and Porsches in student parking at San Francisco State. There are more exotics there than some cars shows.

best friend had a 95 red/black nsx through high school and college. got a lot of attention and a few keyings.

wow meeyatch, must be nice to drive a ferrari to school!!!

Although UT-Austin had 50k students last yr when I went there, I don't recall seeing any other person that drove an NSX to school everyday (bastard always found a good showy spot too). A few guys with boxsters, one with a Viper, and bunch of football players and rich guys/gals with really nice SUVs.

Yes to student, no to driving it in (just got it for one thing & would never leave car in crappy parking lot in boonies alone all day)

NSXFreak00 said:
...wow meeyatch, must be nice to drive a ferrari to school!!!...

I just drove it because I liked driving it, and summer here in Indiana is pretty short, so commuting to school was an optimum time to get behind the wheel for a while. I had a friend named Ryan in college that still talks about to this very day the time I let him drive it. That kind of stuff makes me smile and feel happy. :)

I will try and dig up the picture of the time I drove it to school in the snow.....whoah!! :D

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Looking for a Previa minivan, lol!

hmmm... I'm finishing up my MD and have no qualms about driving a NSX. As aforementioned by many, there are many high-end cars now that are head-turners. I particularly like the urologist anecdote above by whiteNSXs. When I was in undergrad' and doing some research at the medical school, there was a NeuroSurgeon and another Surgeon who both had NSX'es. It was the highlight of my day to either see them driving or see the NSX'es in the parking garage! :cool:

However I am in the market for another soon-to-be daily driver to use for my residency. I don't want to seem pretentious and uppity to my Sr. Docs and Attendees, as many of them may have families and be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from their education. It's a slippery slope in enjoying life yet also not rocking the boat.

The real hard part is trying to find something out there that will give you even a fraction of the gratification you get from the NSX... :: sigh::

I never drove my NSX to school at CSUF when I went. I have a beat down daily driver that I used back then and still use now, the NSX only comes out for fun and weekends. :biggrin:

Only you know your university and the people who park/go there...

My college was a commuter school. And people out there weren't very respectful of other people's stuff. I drove a 86 mazda as a hoopdy and a 93 civic and they both used to get beat up on...

Personally, I would've rather have parked in Timbucfour and walked rather than park on campus.

just my .02

x

I have a truck that I drive everyday, but I have driven my NSX to school without any problems over the past year.

if u can afford an NSX, can u also afford an additional, maybe 6 grand or less civic just to get to and from? I would be scared personally to park it on campus somewhere here at Kent,

I'm the Controller at the Bookstore at SF State and have no problem driving my NSX to work daily. Fortunately I have covered parking away from the student garage.

Bob

TigerNSX said:
I don't know why I like school so much. :biggrin:

Because class at eleven beats work at eight . . . :biggrin:

Lifetime learning to better ourselves and humanity . . . . the Star Trek way. :eek:

Just finish my one year course in University. Just get lots of look from other students. Even some lecturers are impressed. Just imagine parking your car next to civics, hyundais, vios...it literally overkilled them even with they full blown bodykits and vertical doors. NSX got class man. Can't wait to go to graduation with my car. Hehe.

Back