ANY NSX owners in TAMPA, FL or Central FL?

Joe Gliksman said:
OK--I thought I already RSVP's for me and Melody? No -- next to my name so I guess not? See the post earlier? Anyway, we plan to be there.....

Whoops Sorry Joe I ran right past your post. :rolleyes:

You are in :biggrin:

Joe Gliksman said:
OK--I thought I already RSVP's for me and Melody? No -- next to my name so I guess not? See the post earlier? Anyway, we plan to be there.....

Yer like family Joe, you guys are in.

Primo, also add Bad Carma+1. Just talked to him and he wants on the list. Dave's back in action, whoooee!

Hey Todd,
This is Oster, i am think i will be riding over with Distance Runner, Warren. We spoke about riding over together, but havent had a chance to speak together again since hearing a definite date of July 17. But count me in for 1 person. See you guys soon.
Also would love to check out the shop. Hopefully things are going well over there for you and the shop.

Oster

First Class Automotive

11 S200's and 12 NSX's so far. WOW!!

UPDATE: We are still trying to square CK's away with a reservation. We are planning a true brunch to begin around noon. I am requesting thateveryone show up earlier than that to meet and greet and have a photo shoot in the CK parking lot. i will be there about 2 hours early to meet everyone and to finalize any loose ends.

If for some reason CKs is not available I will update and try to PM everyone ASAP with the chosen location (most likely Castaways which is right around the proverbial corner on HWY 60/Courtney Cambell Causeway)

Sorry for any confusion but the bastards will not return our calls. I am making a trip over there no later than Friday so we will have info by Saturday at the latest.

We have a driving course laid out through some backroads that should yield some sprited curves and straights. We also have a start stop meeting lot set aside for another group photo op and meet.

After that is up to the group. :tongue:

Again sorry for the delay.

OK here is what we have got so far. It is a bit departed from our original plans but it is the best we could do, given the fact CK's took so long to return our calls.

I will bullet the main items to save a little space:
  • CK's does not have a brunch setting any more so we are out of that location
  • Castaways can and will accommodate us, they have a nice meeting room that will seat 40-45 people (we had our rehearsal dinner there)
  • they can only seat us at 2:00pm. Everything else is booked. This is a little later than expected but affords those who are out of town to get over here in more time and/or let all of us have the morning to do whatever we need to do.
  • The Brunch there is 22.95, they have requested a cash payment to avoid repeated credit card issues, I think this is amicable for their short notice accommodations (more on that in a second) I also suggest a total price of 27.00 to cover a nominal tip as well
  • They have also offered to give us space to park but suggested that we all use their complimentary valet service as they will move cars around in their lot to get us as close to together as possible. (again i suggest a tip of some kind for this service)
  • The drive is still on, obviously but it will take place after brunch. we expect the brunch to take at least 1.5 to 2 hours. The drive should eat up at least another 2 hours or so with the stop we have planned. It is not a bridge course, it is more of a back road curvy route with a stop at a strip mall parking lot to gather up and meet to plan anything else we want to do.
  • I still suggest meeting at the restaurant at least a little early for pics and greets and such
  • I am still getting the drive route mapped out and have good directions so if any separations happen we all know where everybody is going. I will post the route by text ASAP and have both directions and maps for everyone on location.
  • A number of people have talked about going to Hard Rock afterward or making an evening of the event. I am all for it and if you have other suggestions please feel free to bring them up

Directions to Castaways

Map to Castaways

My apologies for any inconveniences brought onto everyone because of these developments. Those of you who booked a room at the airport hotel are still good to go the restaurant is only a quick merge onto 60 west from the airport.

If this development alters your RSVP please contact me ASAP. I will be PM'ing this to everyone who has checked in so hopefully every sees this ASAP.

OK whew!!! I will start PM'ing now and update every thing as often as possible between now and then.

A couple of drop outs but a bunch of late comers=crazy amount of people so far!!!!! WOO HOO

So far I have 41 attendees with 31 cars (14 S2000's and 15 NSX's, one unknown and an implied Ferrari)

This is way out of controll HAHAHAHAHAHA Todd and I did not know what we were in for. I for one am very excited to meet everyone and I am happy to see people willing to come out and enjoy.

we usually meet at the Sonic on Hillsborough Ave close to the airport around 8-8:30 pm on saturdays

Let me know and i will see who i can round up.

Last edited:
Driving route coming sometime tonight BUMP!

Last minute RSVP's should be posted no later than Friday night.

Thanks for the awesome turn out so far!!!!! :eek: :biggrin:

HOLEY MOLEY!!!!!!!!!!

OK here is the rundown:
17 - 22 NSX's
15 - 17 S2K's
= 32 - 39 cars (+ or - a few)
= 50 - 60 people (+ or - a few)

Castaways will do their best for us The only room they had available only seats about 40-45 so there may be a few table that are arranged outside of the room. If it is the room I am thinking of, it is only separated from the rest of the place by two french doors and table run right up to it anyway so the extra tables will not be far at all from the rest of the group. I will even volunteer to sit there to allow all of the other attendees to interact as much as possible. BECASUE OF THIS FACT WE ARE LOCKED IN WITH THE RSVP's WE HAVE FOR BRUNCH. Get in touch with me if you want to meet up for the drive and or other activities when we are finished and I will give you locations and estimated times (see below). i apologize but we have had tremendous response and blew the doors off our expected turn out. :frown:

The drive was finalized last night. It is about 55-60 miles in total length and we have two stops (well three if you count the final stop which is the same location as the second stop.

I do not want to post the exact route because of possible prying eyes. It does however:

-- run north of our starting point
-- have one $1 toll
-- center around country driving (no beach routes or bridges)
-- have some areas that are going to be more fun than others
-- have some good turns

Since no beach or bridge runs are planned the stops are not that pretty. They are both parking lots, so, the pictures are not going to be as poetic or picturesque as I had hoped or wanted but the logistics were impossible to handle in the time we had to deal with the issues like rain water etc etc.

Anyone with those little walkie talkies should bring them. we will pepper the ones we have throughout the line of cars to whomever wants to volunteer to be a repeater/lookout since these little guys have very limited range we want to have the radios dispersed throughout the line so when someone hears a call they can repeat it over the channel to the next person with a radio.

The maps are ridiculously simple. I have taken my time to make sure all the roads are marked and labeled clearly. I expect a bit of separation during the legs of our course, unavoidable with close to 40 cars-lol. So the cars with the radios and everybody having maps should reduce people getting lost down to nearly ZERO. When you see the maps you will understand fully what I mean :) :rolleyes:

We sit for brunch at 2pm sharp!! No the doors will not be barred if you are late but, we are sitting late for these fine folks at Castaways and I want to be as amicable as I can to everyone involved including you guys. The sooner we all sit, the sooner we can get on the road. Plus it is a late enough start to begin with so i want to get to the meat of the day ASAP

Here is the timeline as I see it:

12:00pm -- I will arrive at castaways to help arrange loose ends and to recieve early birds

1:00pm -- people really start to roll in (to me, getting there between 1:00 and 2:00 is ideal so can get a good parking spot and mingle a bit before we sit down)

2:00pm -- We sit for damn good brunch and Todd and I will update everyone to the fine points of the drive. I also want to approach each table and collect payment for the brunch during the brunch. I am really pushing for a cash if at all possible. The Brunch is 22.95 + tax (they may want to do the gratuity included thing but if not or if we have a choice, i would suggest bringing at least 27.00 each to cover the brunch/tax and some gratuity.) It is a buffet setting so I am not sure on gratuity amount being to large or small. My only real request is that you bring cash as it was a request of the resturant to expedite the cash out portion of our experience.

3:30pm-4:00pm -- Head out for the the first stageing stop. I know this sounds late but the brunch will take at least an hour and a half.

4:15-30pm -- Reach the first stop. Stage people here for a half hour or so take some group shots etc etc

5:00-ish pm -- Leave for the second stop

5:30-45pm -- Reach second stop

6:00ish pm -- Leave for last leg of drive which is a loop and end up at the second stop to mingle and decide who wants to do what for evening festivities

That’s about all I have. I welcome comments and or any updates from anyone who has RSVP'd

Keep in touch and check this thread often to see the latest news

RoB

UPDATE We just got off the phone with Castaways and they will be including a gratuity on the meals. 22.95 + 7% tax + 17% gratuity = 28.74 or 29.00 to make it easy

Sorry for the confusion. If at all possible please bring cash for the meal and any tipfor the valet you want to give IF you choose to valet.

Todd is planning to talk to the valet company about actually setting aside some space for us to use but they want to valet us in return to make $$ so you know how it goes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The brunch should be 1 half notch above what disney calls park casual. I would think summer casual minus the flip flops and/or the "I went to florida and all i got..." T-shirts LOL

If planning on going out in the evening with some of us, I might even bring a change of clothes or at least a new shirt. No telling how hot and muggy it will be. You targa guys should be running with the top off unless it is raining :) I know my car is hot as all hell even top down this summer and i sweat like a pig so I am bring back up clothing.

Nothing too fancy but Castaways is step or two above shoneys if you catch my drift

Hope this helps

PrimoGen said:
You targa guys should be running with the top off unless it is raining :)
This targa guy will likely have his top on with the A/C running. Mid-day top down weather is a couple months off, IMO.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, that was helpful.

I will be checking the boards from time to time until tomorrow morning around 10am. Then i am off to setup. Last minute things:

--The brunch part is RAIN OR SHINE. The drive is open to group consensus if the sky opens up on us :(

--Rain will most likely put a damper on things. So offer up ideas to me or todd so we can announce them and get people together to do something if it rains. No use getting together and not doing anything Lol

here are some ideas:

There is a weekly car meet at this billiards location
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246068

Might be fun to roll in there and own everybody for a while get some pool games in etc

The Hard Rock has been an option from the begining so let us know once we get done with the drive :)

The drive is at your own risk. Todd, myself and probably one other person will act as lead cars for three groups of cars to keep the bunching up or speading out to a minimum. every car will have maps so ANYONE is allowed to pass me if you want to shred a bit. I will be a little spirited at times but my new tires and my lack of true time attack driving experience will force me to hold back. Please be careful out there and drive within your means.

That is all for the disclaimers

Thanks for all your patience in this
RoB

Primo,

Check your mail I sent you a PM. Have owned my NSX for less than 24 hours. Can't meet for lunch but may want to hook up for the drive.

Brian

kookoo4nsx said:
Primo,

Check your mail I sent you a PM. Have owned my NSX for less than 24 hours. Can't meet for lunch but may want to hook up for the drive.

Brian

Join the drive but i suggest you find you car's break loose points real fast!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: JK LOL

Glad to have you. (I hope this is not your first M/R car)

Hey everyone!

Thanks to PrimoGen (Rob) and 2NRWerks (Todd) for putting this together. It was nice meeting all the other owners and seeing all the cars lined up. Too bad the parking situation at the Castaway did not allow for all of us to be parked together (and a real bummer for those who got parking tickets). Unfortunately I was unable to complete the full drive but I must say that I had a great time and look forward to the next big event!!!

I've posted a few photos from today in the Gallery section but heres a link to all the photos on my server:

Florida NSX & S2000 lunch and drive gallery

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yes indeed, thanks to Rob & Todd & everyone who showed up. It may be old hat to many of you to be around other NSX's but this was a rare treat for me.

My pictures are here.

http://sarasotadetail.com/gallery2/main.php/v/sarashows01/050717/

My server is being a bit wonky so if you get a database error, trying refreshing a couple times or coming back later. I'll pick some of my favorites and embed them into a post over in the Gallery section but in the meantime, thanks again all - that was very very cool!

I am glad everyone had a good time.

We will planning other events in the future and i will make a spreadsheet of everyone's screen names and e-mails. Whoever wants to be put on a list for future events, PM me with you e-mails and i will alert you when we plan stuff like this and I will post new threads as we finalize plans.

Much respect for coming out and showing me how awesome the NSX community is. It was my pleasure to help out as much as I could.

You guys rock!!!

Thanks again
RoB

Last edited:
Back