Any NSX AND Viper owners out there?

I want to know if there are any NSX AND Viper owners out there? I'm looking into buying a Viper, but I would like to get some opinions about owning both.

If you also live in the bay area, I would like to come visit you and your awesome cars. Thanks....

------------------
1998 Monte Carlo Blue NSX-T
2001 Yellow S2K (retired)
2001 CL Type-S

There have been several topics in which this has been discussed by owners of both cars.

Do a search on the General Discussions forum and on the Off Topic forum for topics with Viper in the subject and I'm sure you'll find them.

LOL how funny.. i posted on ls1.com about the same topic looking into both cars.. man are they totally differnt cars..one is a brutal roadster.. the other is a sleek smooth sports car..sounds..power..everything is totally differnt from the 2..I'm looking into a new ZO6 Viper or an NSX.,.. dam.. decisions lol I would love to have all 3!! Who wouldnt
biggrin.gif

Yes it seems like this topic has been beat to DEATH....even I was in the same situation...the only thing is with the Z06 you will need to put rims and lower it to make it stand out of the crowd...

The NSX and Viper are naturally more exotic looking cars then that one...Overall NSX, Powerwise and track car- Viper...Z06- good power for less $$....

Your best bet is to read through the forums daily and you will learn alot...thats what I do...

Originally posted by Forums Nazi:
There have been several topics in which this has been discussed by owners of both cars.

Do a search on the General Discussions forum and on the Off Topic forum for topics with Viper in the subject and I'm sure you'll find them.

Thanks for the tips, but I've already gone through all the posts with "Viper" keyword attached. I couldn't find the topic I want. I really wanted to meet with the owner(s) in the bay area to talk to them face to face and also possibly take a testdrive in the GTS....

------------------
2001 CL Type-S

If you're looking for a Viper owner who must be in the San Francisco Bay area, you're more likely to find one on a Viper board than here.

you deinfitly wont have the fit and finesse like the NSX with a Viper.. but then again.. Dodge didnt make the Viper with that intention.. they made it to be a monster with thrust and torque..If its for speed, go for the Viper.. a NSX will need ALOT of work to even get near the same power as a Viper.. of course the Viper has 4 more cyl lol.. on the looks category.. uhhh I dunno.. I think they both look sweet.. here in Dallas though when theres a huge car show and all cars are present, more people tend to look at the viper more due to its stand-out0of-the-crowd looks.. even some of the NSX guys rave about the Viper..but like I said earlier.. get both.. wait u already have an NSX lol

Hey - just got back in town and saw this thread. I have both cars. As others have said there is no comparison between the two.The Viper is tons of HP and torque while the NSX is more finesse. The Viper does attract more attention. Just about every redneck in a Camaro wants to mess with you in traffic.
It is fun to have both - nothing comes close to the raw HP rush from the Viper. That said, if I could only have one I would keep the NSX.
If you are serious do all the research you can to determine which model to get. I personally don't care for the RT 10 ("clown shoe" - right?) and as such have the GTS.
My buying experience seemed to indicate that there are some really rough ones out there. I looked at several dogs that made me revisit my budget and eventually got a one owner '99 GTS. Previuos owner got rid of it to make room for his Z8.
Feel freel to private me for more info.
Also visit http://www.viperclub.org/ for help in your search.
Tom

Originally posted by T Bolen:
Hey - just got back in town and saw this thread. I have both cars. As others have said there is no comparison between the two.The Viper is tons of HP and torque while the NSX is more finesse. The Viper does attract more attention. Just about every redneck in a Camaro wants to mess with you in traffic.
It is fun to have both - nothing comes close to the raw HP rush from the Viper. That said, if I could only have one I would keep the NSX.
If you are serious do all the research you can to determine which model to get. I personally don't care for the RT 10 ("clown shoe" - right?) and as such have the GTS.
My buying experience seemed to indicate that there are some really rough ones out there. I looked at several dogs that made me revisit my budget and eventually got a one owner '99 GTS. Previuos owner got rid of it to make room for his Z8.
Feel freel to private me for more info.
Also visit http://www.viperclub.org/ for help in your search.
Tom

Thanks for all of your responses. The post by T Bolen is what I'm looking for. I wanted the experience and advice from owners that have BOTH cars, not one or the other. I have grown to love my '98 NSX day by day, but as pocket change grows, I would also like to own another exotic. I've been going to the Viper forum for a few days to check out the fun factor of the car and also the mods and potential of the beast.

I totally agree that they are completely different breeds and the NSX will always be the most reliable car in my garage. However, I'm also willing to bring another exotic into the family.

Cheers! Wish me luck on finding someone with both cars in the bay area.

------------------
2001 CL Type-S

I know a guys here named steve has 2 nsxs and 2 Vipers (GTA and R/T) I met him down at his paint shop in long beach. I think his handle was ANZSTEVELA or something like that.

I think he frequents nsxsc.com also.. so you might want to check that out.

Originally posted by Blue Knight:
The post by T Bolen is what I'm looking for. I wanted the experience and advice from owners that have BOTH cars, not one or the other.

rolleyes.gif
You could have found LOTS of posts from owners of both cars, including T Bolen and many others, just by doing a search on these forums as recommended above...

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 25 October 2002).]

Hey,

I have a viper and i am considering buying another car (perhaps an NSX, haven't quite made up my mind yet). I got the clown shoe (aka. the RT/10). Know a thing or two about NSX'es as i've been riding with a few in the bay area (saw a few posts in here from some of the guys i've been riding with). First off, i'm not so much about smoking car X or car Y. I like to drive with people who know how to drive, and i think the NSX has a nice overall package and great handling (but i have to admit, it's lacking somewhat in HP and torque). The viper is much more raw and brutal (there is just no other way to describe it). The NSX is refined and smooth.

Also worth considering is the cost of mods. It's my understanding the the NSX mods can be gotten for way less than the viper mods. Then of course, you really don't need to mod a viper all that much for more HP unless you want crazy HP and torque (like the viper guy i met 2 weeks ago who had both SC and NOS ~ 700HP + 700 torqe!). He paid a lot of money for that setup and i wonder how long that engine will really last.

Vipers can be had for not so much money right now due to the release of the SRT (and the economy).

If you want a ride in a viper send me an mail, we are a bunch of guys who go riding on the weekends (and the guys drive a whole bunch of different cars, Lotus, TVR, Viper, Lamborghini etc.).

There has been a bunch of NSX owners at the autozotica events (open for all exotic cars including vipers and NSX'es). Sign up there for the next meet, there is usually plenty of opportunity to see many interesting cars and meet many nice owners (the club is about driving the cars on really nice roads). The URL is www.autozotica.com.
If interested i can post an URL with pics from the last cruise 2 weeks ago. There was about 8 NSX'es and 12 vipers (and the usual 15 or so ferraris, a couple of lotuses and so on).

-par
00 Viper RT/10 red

[This message has been edited by huggorm (edited 29 October 2002).]

Back