Any iRacers in here?

What spec is your macbook?

Do you have to turn any settings down?

What size external screen are you playing on?

- - - Updated - - -

I keep hearing allot about this iRacing.

Why would i play this over GT5 or Forza 4?

I have a awesome steering wheel ready to be used on a new racer ;).

If it will run smoothly on my Macbook on a 37" tv i might give it a try.

its a i5 MBP with 2gb ram. I just play it on the screen itself.

Why would you play this over GT5 or Forza? This is a driving simulator, those are arcade games.

iRacing is a superb simulation, IMHO. Immediately after downloading it, I ventured on to Summit Point, WV (main), my home track when I was road racing motorcycles. When the track loaded, my friends banner (Rick Beggs, Fast Lane Cycles) was displayed on the track tower. Wow. The track was accurate to the last detail, minus the occasional deer that tries to cross in front of you...usually without success. I'm using a G25, 3 x Dell U3011 @ 7680x1600, and the Obutto R3volution. The ability to tweak all manner of simulation game options, on top of endless tweaking of most cars, really makes this a top-notch simulation and a great learning tool.

have you seen the process of how they actually get the track maps? They literally drive over it with a huge 3d scanner so you get every last bump and crease. The tracks on there that I have also drove in real life (VIR, Mid Ohio, Summit, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta) are all perfect representations.

It pays for itself with the first event that you do at a new track, if you don't want to drive around blind then spend a few hours with it in iRacing and you won't have that wasted day just spent learning the track.

Back