Any firearms enthusiasts?

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
that's a mad story... gonna tell my mates this. Just like an action movie, only better ! Did you give any one liners like "do you feel lucky punk?" or "go ahead, make my day?"
biggrin.gif

Neo,
As i remembered, my heart was pumping like crazy..however, i felt good!! in control. but yet, the line "do you feel lucky punk?" sure didn't come into mind....all i said was "How r ya?"

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
The gun I planned on purchasing was the Walther P99. Any thoughts/experiences/opinions on this gun?

Conrad,
I think it's best for you to drop by your local shooting range and ask to "test drive" a Walther P99 if they have one for rent (or any gun of similar design/feel) before you head down to your local gun shop. Who knows, you may find the gun you're drooling over all this time may not suit your taste. Perhaps it doesn't fit you hand comfortably, recoils too harshly, or it may be too complicated for you to unload the gun safely? In any case, you'll be better off to try out different rental guns at your local firing range before you make your final purchase decision......

(continued from last post).........That said, I am more than willing to offer you my free time and teach you the fundamentals of safe gun handling and marksmanship with little $$ cost to you. With 15+ years of self-taught shooting skills and 12 years of intense competition at the national level (bagged one Olympic National Championships in 95 that earned me a spot in the U.S. National Team--where USA Shooting Governing Body selects the next U.S. Olympian, and 2 National Titles in the Bianchi Cup in Experts class in 96 and 97), I am more than qualify to coach newcomers to the pistol marksmanship game. I have taught many how to put 1 1/2 to 2 inch clusters of bullet holes on a paper target 21 feet away with any handgun of their choice on their first day that normally took an avg. plinker a whole year (or even longer) to achieve! I can provide the ammunitions and guns; all you have to do is pay for the range time-usually runs about $10 per hr. If interested, just let me know....

(continued)........BTW Conrad, once you learn how to properly use and respect firearms, you will fear them no longer. Trust me, I was in the same shoe you were in b4 I got started. And remember, please don't blame the gun for the things that happened in that high school shooting (after all, it's just another man-made tool that can't think or act out on its own), blame the loose screw behind it!

(Sorry for the fragmented post--for some reasons my longer posting won't upload properly!)

Take care!
Regards, Bill

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 15 February 2003).]

Originally posted by cmarsh90:
Hey Zanardi 50 whereabouts are you located? I'd like to learn how to shoot better, so if your offering...
I'm here in Sunny So Cal (LA to be exact). If you're ever down here for any reason and had some time to spare, shoot me an e-mail, let's make it work!
smile.gif

Take care.
Bill

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Bill, thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that...

Sure Conrad, when you're ready, I'm ready. I can bring the tools of the trade on our next SD gathering and if you have just 2 hours after the meet, we can make it happen. Just lemme know!
smile.gif

Take care,
Bill

Sig p229 chambered in .40

Thompson Contender:
Barrels chambered in:
.223 (12"bbl)
.3030 (8"bbl)
.41 mag (8"bbl)
.22 (10"bbl)
(Its a blast : ))

Savage 110fp .308,bbl Simmons Scope.

Very early double barrel shotgun.

I used to shoot more than I do now, hard to find the time I suppose.

Always wanted a barrett (sp?) light .50...

Glock 21.

Remember that once your instructor gives you the fundamentals of shooting, you must practice them to make them yours. If not, you give them back to your instructor.

Also, "Perfect practice makes perfect. Practice poor fundamentals and crap, and all you'll be is a crapmaster"

For those interested in pistol shooting as a sport/competition, I highly recommend, for Combat-style competition, Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals by Brian Enos, and Competitive Shooting by A. A. Yurev and Shooting To Win by Ragnar Skanaker, for aspiring and experienced NRA Bullseye and Olympic shooters. Both of these books go beyond the classic sight alignment/sight picture and more detail into the mental aspects of the sports and offers a unique way of training yourself on how to compete under intense pressure.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 19 February 2003).]

H&K socom or H&K USP.

you can decock? the gun if you encountered a beautiful sexy killer (pls imagine yourself in some Bond movies ) and decided to use your other "gun" j/k
biggrin.gif

Back