Any firearms enthusiasts?

Seems to me there was a discussion of concealed weapons on here awhile ago. How many other shooters are there around here? What do you carry (if you do and or can)? What else to do you own? I own and carry mostly Glocks.

HK and walther here! With a couple of russian WWII-early cold war peices, amoung others.
smile.gif

Ah, German cars and German firearms
smile.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Modern weaponary: i carry a SPAS-12, the M81, and M249 SAW (a noisy companion). I love WW2 weaponary like the M1 Garand.

Love the Glock; does it really shoot underwater?! cool!!!

(PS. I carry those in computer games; not real life... just to clarify
tongue.gif
)

HK (Compact USP 9mm) and Walther PPK.

Real life... No Games
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 07 February 2003).]

YES, YES, YES. I have a glock 30, sig for the wife, a MAC10, still waiting for the FFL to come back, and a few dozen others. I love to go to the range.

12 gauge auto-loader,uzi 9 mm,and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range!
cool.gif

Seems like HK and Walther are pretty popular here.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by docjohn:
12 gauge auto-loader,uzi 9 mm,and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range!
cool.gif

LOL... and let me guess.... YOU'LL BE BACK!
smile.gif

scifi48.jpeg
(side note: anyone ever seen this photo of T1 without the sunglasses? i hadn't until now)

I think you'll find a good many of us firearms enthusiasts amongst the NSX community. I don't mind talking about what's in the safe, or even what I paid for my NSX
smile.gif
, but if / what I'm carrying is proprietary information. Always was, always will be. You'd never want to know.

A favorite? Maybe the Browning HP/FN. All forged steel. I know, you space-age polymer guys probably consider that an antique weapon, right?

Having lived in MD, I'm surprised there are any of you guys left there! Since MD and CO are both right-to-carry "discretionary issue" states, you guys are lucky to be carrying anything
smile.gif

Neo: I've never seen the picture, but always liked the AMT long-slide! Hey, I thought you OZ residents weren't even allowed to have PICTURES of firearms!
smile.gif

Richard
'93 Blk/Blk

I like pistols.
Carry 32 cal.mini Kel-Tec on my leg(extremely compact!)
I also enjoy range targeting or carring my
9 mil. Glock 26 (compact)
45 cal. Glock 30 (compact)
9 mil.UZI (fun at the range!)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
Modern weaponary: i carry a SPAS-12, the M81, and M249 SAW (a noisy companion). I love WW2 weaponary like the M1 Garand.

Love the Glock; does it really shoot underwater?! cool!!!

(PS. I carry those in computer games; not real life... just to clarify
tongue.gif
)

Real life here
smile.gif

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Seems like HK and Walther are pretty popular here.

-Jim

We all know whats the best.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina" #183

Originally posted by MYNSX:
I like pistols.
9 mil.UZI (fun at the range!)

You guys in Title II states have all the fun. I always wanted an HK MP-5 but in NY, how do we say, "fuggetaboutit".

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Sig P220, Glock 19, Baretta 92FC (Italian model) & Benelli M1 Super 90.

I had the California "HK MP5K" license plate back in the early 90's. I got rid of it since a cop starting asking me too many questions on a routine traffic stop. I just plaid dumb. Once a guy walking by my car as I was getting out gave me a big thumbs up. If someone asks me what it meant, I said Hong Kong Military Police 5th division, Kowloon. :-) I'm not Asian so that would even make it more intruiging.

I have one of the plates and may dig it up and snap a photo of it.

It's interesting that there are so many fellow shooters among NSX owners. Anybody want to hazard a guess at why?

Any of you folks shoot IDPA, IPSC or others?

Originally posted by cmarsh90:

Any of you folks shoot IDPA, IPSC or others?

I used to compete in all of the known pistols disciplines out there except cowboy stuffs and IDPA. Have you tried precision-oriented disciplines like the Bianchi Cup, PPC, and/or NRA or Olympic bullseye?

Originally posted by cmarsh90:
It's interesting that there are so many fellow shooters among NSX owners. Anybody want to hazard a guess at why?

Sure - because if you take a large enough group of people, primarily from the States, at random, you'll find a fair number of gun owners.

If you ask if there are any dog owners on NSXprime, I bet you get a lot of positive responses. Would you feel the need to hazard a guess why?

I have yet to see anything that says that the percentage of gun owners here is any different from the overall population.

I have have a few pistols...
I daily carry a Glock Model 22 .40 cal
Love it!

Also have a Ruger BlackHawk .44 mag...Huge knock down power! mostly use it for hunting. Also have Ruger .22 mag thats a pretty cool little pistol.

My favorite Firearm....My baby, Ruger M77 Mark II Stainless/composite w/Bushnell Trophy Optics...This is my primary Hunting weapon...it took my record AZ Elk.
Fun Stuff..

I have many other cool vintage rifles and shotguns...mostly family hand-me-downs...too many to list though..=)

Happy Shooting NSXers!

i wouldn't mind a Mobile Phone Gun; a gun disguised as a phone.

<A HREF="http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=KREI4OFPP5ACUCRBAEKSFFA?type=technologyNews&storyID=2189965">check it out here</A>

I carry a Glock 9mm compact or my Sig P220. I prefer the Sig because it does not dig into my back like the Glock does. I also have a Tech 9 in the map pocket of the NSX. I am so glad that I applied for my carry permit many years ago. I have heard that in my area they are no longer issuing permits.

My favorite...AR-15 and 3 (9), 1 (45) stratigicly place around the house and the garage....also a sign to my back yard " Nevermind the dog, watchout for the owner"
smile.gif
6 years ago, i've the oppoturnity to put a laser sight right on a car thief's forehead side as he tried to get into my car that were sitting infront of my garage. needless to say, his friends in the car took off without him--some friend eh? yes, i was nicee. i felt sorry for him and explained the concept of friends. i let him go and that he owed me one--never seen him again!! ...i forgot, i also have a 32 cal
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by yellowpad (edited 09 February 2003).]

I wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast but I do have an interest in some guns. It's kind of weird for me. I'm scared yet fascinated at the same time. I took the test required and was on my way to purchasing my first gun until all the high school shootings happened. I lost interest big time but the firearm magazines kept pouring in. I wouldn't read too much into them but scanned through each issue in less than 5 minutes. About a year later, I saw an advertisement for the gun I wanted and my interest came back...

I still haven't bought the gun... since I'm still unsure about things... but anyway...

The gun I planned on purchasing was the Walther P99. Any thoughts/experiences/opinions on this gun?

Originally posted by yellowpad:
My favorite...AR-15 and 3 (9), 1 (45) stratigicly place around the house and the garage....also a sign to my back yard " Nevermind the dog, watchout for the owner"
smile.gif
6 years ago, i've the oppoturnity to put a laser sight right on a car thief's forehead side as he tried to get into my car that were sitting infront of my garage. needless to say, his friends in the car took off without him--some friend eh? yes, i was nicee. i felt sorry for him and explained the concept of friends. i let him go and that he owed me one--never seen him again!! ...i forgot, i also have a 32 cal
smile.gif

that's a mad story... gonna tell my mates this. Just like an action movie, only better ! Did you give any one liners like "do you feel lucky punk?" or "go ahead, make my day?"
biggrin.gif

Back