Antenna not working or responding

My antenna is not working. Prior to this problem had no issues with my antenna, it went all the way up and down, did not get stuck/click/etc.

It is in down position and when the radio is turned on or off it just stays there. Makes no sound and no indication that it is trying to go up or down. Checked the connection in the trunk and that seems fine. Any ideas?

Thanks for the offer and if that is the problem i will definately be contacting you.

Just never heard of the whole assembly going out. Usually the mast breaks or get stuck. Currently mine is doing nothing....so want to find out if it is the antenna or maybe the head unit before i replace anything.

At least you no longer need the Smartenna to lower your antenna when you are playing your CDs.:biggrin:

Two ideas for you to try:
1. Check the fuse. It really sounds like this is it.
2. If the fuse is good, remove the panel, in the trunk, over the antenna and check for voltage at the three wire connector. I don't remember which one is power, but I can look at my antenna tester wire harness and figure it out if you need.

Brad

Two ideas for you to try:
1. Check the fuse. It really sounds like this is it.
2. If the fuse is good, remove the panel, in the trunk, over the antenna and check for voltage at the three wire connector. I don't remember which one is power, but I can look at my antenna tester wire harness and figure it out if you need.

Brad

The power is the pink and white stripe one

I'm not %100 sure, but on my 98 NSX, there was a very small relay internally mounted in the antenna take up real. It had a bad contact in it from intense arching. I simply disassembled the antenna and cleaned up the contacts with a jewelers file and presto, it worked fine. Over time, the same problem surfaced again so I replaced the whole assembly with a black chrome one from a company called Antennaworld.com. They had the exact same antenna in black chrome with a solid state circuit board instead of the relay and it was $400 cheaper than a replacement from Acura. I did have to modifiy the tube to the correct length (match the original) however.

I have an antenna if you PM me we can discuss it. I bought it from a guy from Europe who is stripping out his car to race it. I have decided to go with an S2000 antenna. Let me know.
I am out of town right now in San Antonio, and my car is back in Louisiana as I cannot drive it right now. I will be back in Louisiana Saturday and could ship it to you Monday if you are interested.

Back