Another NSX Dream Fulfilled!

At long last, I'm able to count myself among those who've had their long-held NSX dreams fulfilled! After a very intensive 6-month search, I finally closed the deal on the car I've lusted after for well over a decade.

My NSX (I love saying that :smile:) is currently being shipped from Arizona to the SF Bay Area, and is scheduled to arrive later this week (this is actually the most nerve-wracking part of the entire process). Below is a photo I took last week when I met with the seller. More photos will come after the car arrives.

Some highlights:
- 1997 6-speed, 77,000 miles
- New TB/WP and clutch
- Taitec headers & exhaust
- Eibach springs
- Volk GTC Wheels 17/18
- SoS shift knob

One of the best pieces of buying advice I got was right here on Prime: find the right seller - someone who cares for the car and is as passionate about it as you are. I was fortunate enough to encounter such an individual. He owns several collectors cars, takes superb care of all of them, and was extremely helpful and honest throughout the entire buying process.

I never bought a car remotely before, but the seller helped make it as painless as possible, maintaining consistent communication via phone, text, and email throughout the entire month-long process, sending me numerous photos, taking the car in for a PPI, taking it in for maintenance work that I requested, and being extremely up front about a handful of very minor cosmetic flaws that he could easily have neglected to mention.

When I flew out to personally check out and test-drive the car, it was actually the first time I had driven an NSX. I've sat in them, but never did the driving. After getting behind the wheel, all I can say is WOW! As much as I tried to stay serious and focused on the test-drive, there was no way I could suppress the big s**t-eating grin on my face as the car roared loudly and responded to my every move. That irrepressible grin stayed with me for several days afterwards :biggrin:

I'm amazed and grateful that I'm finally able to own one of these amazing vehicles! The Prime community was an invaluable asset in helping me navigate the NSX market, and I'm certain it will be an indispensable resource for me as an owner.

My97.jpg

congratulations..well bought.

Congrats, the only thing that really sucks about the NSX is that you must offer your wallet before its taken off then transport its a peace offering of sorts.

your gonna need to remember every part on SOS's website, she will expect you to USE all OEM parts to keep her running, not parts off other acura products only NSX parts.

and best advise I can give is dont do anything for 6 months till you know how she handles....... People wreck their NSX's after a week, many people I cant say names have done this myself included but I didnt wreck only 360 into on coming traffic.

take corners like an old women intill you learn the car, I can take corners in my NSX at break neck speeds and not even my heartbeat goes up.
dont show off to friends thats when you wreck.
dont drive with bald tires you will wreck.
Dont use cheapo tires, wanna play you gotta pay.
Dont use cheapo gas you will hurt her feelings and she will in turn make you pay for more parts.
Dont text and drive like me and rip off your passengerside mirror more than 3 times in a year.
Dont under-estimate her power, yeah the lexus next to you has more HP and all wheel drive, no need to show off to civics and sub/a/joke/ru punks.
Dont use Home depot bolts if you strip your OEM bolts go buy OEM bolts, Non oem will rust and seize up inside the chassis and then your gonna have to drill them out it sucks.
Dont buy any aftermarket Fiberglass junk you want it to look good buy OEM skirts etc. the other will sag... not fit right, look cheap and ruin the NSX.
and remember everyone has an opinion and they know it all, you do your research, read the service manual, google your questions and make your own choice.
take advice like a grain of salt it desolves and goes away.

congrats and welcome to the NSX club.

Last edited:
I love shawns' advice blasts......:eek::biggrin:

That should be in the wiki in buying advices section...

Shawn needs his own section called the waki.......:tongue:

Shawn needs his own section called the waki.......:tongue:

you know it, having a bad day because this NSX Im working on had almost every bolt stripped had to drop the freaking engine to get at them to drill the bolt out then tap-out just to do the clutch.

I try and let others learn from my mistakes so I think and Hope my life lessons help in some way :biggrin:

Congrats and Welcome to the NSX Madness! You're going to love it!
Great place around here ... Enjoy & See Ya Around:)

Thanks all. My NSX just arrived the other day - on my birthday, no less! The best birthday present ever! It's simply a thrill just to go in the garage, start her up, and sit and feel the rumble :) My biggest challenge so far, is figuring out how to get her into the driveway and garage without scraping the bottom off, but I'm starting to learn :)

Dhalsim, I'm sure I'll be coming out for a Bay Area event - looking forward to meeting some fellow NSXers.

Here she is in her new home:

NSX1.jpg

NSX2.jpg

Beautiful car, man... Congratulations, happy birthdate, and many safe miles to you!

Back