Another NSX Coupe RIP:-(

I was not there but only saw the left front damaged car.:frown: Its totaled. Did not probe Qs such as what was the road condition? did you lift at mid corner? was the TCS on? etc. as the situation was not appropriate. The driver is very skilled and snap oversteer(he said) can be a multiple of things. From what I can see, the shocks he had was a decent, highly recommended, popular brand on Prime but the spring rates are the same on all 4 which is not ideal as the motion ratio of the NSX frt/rear are very different. It should have different rates so the set up can be more balanced. But then there is valving which we should not get into that here. Not saying that is the culprit. I have no permission to post more detail.

The lesson learned here is spirited driving on public roads are great fun but also unpredictable. I personally know of a handful NSX got damaged over the years from club drives that turned a great day of driving to a day of mourning.

This could have been me easily as our last Sat. local club drive, I lost all gears as the shifter came undone suddenly but we were putting along at 30mph thru town going straight. if I was negotiating a turn, who know what might have happen.

Maybe Shawn will get his hands on it an bring it back to life.

Back