• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another New Owner

Well I finally made it happen. After searching for many months, I found my NSX here in my hometown of Houston. It's a '97 with 44K miles. I've had it for two weekends and my smile just keeps getting bigger! I've ordered all my fix-it parts (trunk struts, window repair kits, etc.), and I'm about to order some wheels. As you can tell, I've been planning this for a while. The following pictures are of it looks now and how I hope it will look with its new wheels.

I do need to thank everyone for your help. Though I didn't ask many specific questions, reading the existing posts answered any I had, so I went into the deal well informed and prepared.

And before you ask;

Yes, I turn around and look at it as I walk away from where it is parked.
Yes, I parked it in the driveway so that I could see it from inside the house
And,
Yes, my son's friends think their dad is cool.

Don

IMG_1046.jpgIMG_1054.jpgIMG_1049.jpgIMG_1064.jpg

And with the wheels I'm thinking of installing

dad 5 split .jpg

Welcome and Congrats!

You can't go wrong with your potential wheel selection. GTV"s very popular and they look great, somewhat classic. Make sure you research proper offsets and tire selection to maximize both looks and performance.

Good Luck!

Congratulations!

Yellow is my wife's favorite color, and after four years of ownership of my 95, I can also say YES to all of those questions.

Have fun!

Mario

Congrats,
I was at the dealership off 59 getting mine serviced when I believe yours came in for the PPI. If it's the one you got, it looked good from a glance.

You should keep an eye on the Houston section, there are some meets from time to time and usually a decent turnout.

Last edited:
Don,

Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase! If you need anything, please let me know, I'm not too far from you (I'm by Cinco Ranch). :smile:

Regards,
- Zishan

Looks like a great purchase! I like the yellow paint in the older models before they sparkled it. Welcome and I'm sure you'll have many happy miles!

Congrats on the purchase.

I had the GT-V's on mine in 18 /19. I loved the looks of them but was always worried about the low profile of the tire. My worries came to life one raing weekend. I managed to hit a pot hole on the way back from a trip to the Dragon and bent one of them. I was able to limp my way home with the help of my compressor and a can of fix a flat. I repaired the bent rim and sold those off real quick.

welcome to ownership...now comes the true test of your neighbors impressions of you:wink:

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club! I currently have the 18/19 GTV's and love them. Be careful around curbs, and i'd pick them up in the silver. Gold on yellow is a little too much, IMO of course.:biggrin:

I guess you have been looking for a while. I see you joined in January 2010. It took me a long time to find one also. I understand the feeling you get when you finally get one. I welcome you to the club and I would go for silver wheels.

Thanks for the Welcome to "The Club"!

In response to the Gold vs. Silver suggestions, how is this for a compromise; Gold center sections and Silver rims?

With regard to Potholes, I was planning on going with the 17/18 combo, rather than the 18/19 combo...any comments?

acura_NA2, Zishan & HotWls, I look forward to meeting you and taking you up on your offer to share your knowledge. I'm going to try and make the Cars and Coffee on Saturday.

HotWls, Yes that was my car before it was my car. Carl said another owner came by and asked about the valve covers. It ends up that the discoloration was probably a chemical used to clean and that they are mechanically sound. They are on my list of projects.

With regard to wheel offsets, I am not after an overly aggressive look, but one that looks good with a "safe" setup (no chance for rubs, etc.) Can I trust Chris at SOS to steer me right? They don't publish offsets and most of the discussions on PRIME seem to be from those who want minimal clearance, low stance, etc., and I've studied the tires and seem to be comfortable with my options.

Thanks Again,

Don

Hello and welcome as well. It seems a new owner is poping up every week lol. Looks good. I like the wheels imo. Have fun with the modding, the bug will bite you soon ;)

With regard to Potholes, I was planning on going with the 17/18 combo, rather than the 18/19 combo...any comments?

I once had 17/18 GTV's on my car. I believe they were 17x8 (+36) and 18x10 (+40). Tires were 215/40 and 265/35. I felt comfortable with this setup because of the road conditions in my area. But then I decided to lower my car and the 17/18 look was too small in my opinion so I picked up a set of 18/19 GTV's.

Im currently looking for another NSX I want 2 in my Garage.

but Yellow or White is my fav colors. my current one is BLK/BLK

but then again, LBBP seems to grow on me with every pic i see. I dunno.

But Yellow really does make people look 3-4 times at your car when you drive by them.

I was driving with a buddy of mine that has a Yellow 98 and I looked at people's faces when he would drive by as I was following. and the finger are pointing and you can read their lips "WOW LOOK AT THAT "

so Def a good choice in Color.

congrats and good luck.

as for the wheels, Im an OEM guy
but the rims your thinking about getting are not the ones for your Yellow Beauty.

TRY AGAIN.....

but then again its your Yellow Beauty not mine.

Welcome to the club Donwells and congrats for your purchase! :smile:

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome. Car looks great, but what happen to your lip? Is it missing or did you take it off?

Back