• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Happy New NSX Owner

Nice that the vintage s2000 owners have thier own national meet,but why Pitsburgh:confused: I remember when the vintage forum was being requested from those of us wanting to escape the Fand F crowd.

This is not a real national meet, just a get-together we have every spring (therefore the name Spring Fling) It moves around each year. This year the organizer (Jumpy Guy) lives near Pittsburgh, so that's where we met. It was a great time. Next year it will be in Asheville, NC, with a drive to the Dragon scheduled. :smile: Last year it was in Cape May, NJ.

Nice that the vintage s2000 owners have thier own national meet,but why Pitsburgh:confused: I remember when the vintage forum was being requested from those of us wanting to escape the Fand F crowd.

Most of the S2000 owners who are active old farts :wink: (the Vintage crew) just happen to live in the east. The S2000 Vintage Owners Spring Fling is where ever the person who volunteers to put it on, chooses for it to be. This year, Maury put it on near his home in Pittsburgh. Last year it was at Cape May, New Jersey, closer to where "zippy" who organized it, lives. It's purely voluntary. Next year, the Vintage Spring Fling is going to be in Asheville, NC, http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=792032 because Ken volunteered to put it on there.

We have other "Vintage" meets too, not just Spring Fling, when some one decides to put out the effort and organize one. In a couple weeks, there will be one in Ohio, that is always in Ohio, because it's centered around certain roads, there.

Maybe I should copy my S2ki.com signature here, since I've got over 14 meets that I've gone back east for, in the past 6 years.

**EDIT** Oops. I see Gene beat me to it. I always miss the next page. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow zippy is still active.I remember him from the early days,i used to go to some NE events when the s2k club came together.

A few pics I took late this afternoon with her in her new surroundings:
DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

And the odometer read 8998 when I picked her up on May 28! (Do I love driving this car or what!) :biggrin:
DSC_0140.jpg

Again, thanks for the welcome to the forum! Looking forward to my first NSX meet, the River Run in PA, on June 26th.

Last edited:
Nice photos, Gene! I think it's hard to get decent shots of black cars. What about your license plate? Is is still on order? I'm thinking of getting a different one for mine. It's a little too fluffy, or something.

Nice photos, Gene! I think it's hard to get decent shots of black cars. What about your license plate? Is is still on order? I'm thinking of getting a different one for mine. It's a little too fluffy, or something.

Thanks, Patty. As I noted on S2KI, the vanity tag is on order, with delivery in 4 to 6 weeks, they told me. Don't change your plate...I think it fits you to a "T", plus it goes with your S plate. (IMHO) :redface:

Nice looking car and I can't believe you got one with mileage that low! Awesome - good for you! Very nice! Welcome aboard. Now get out there and drive that car!!! :smile:

Nice looking car and I can't believe you got one with mileage that low! Awesome - good for you! Very nice! Welcome aboard. Now get out there and drive that car!!! :smile:

I feel very fortunate to have found and purchased this car. Believe me, it will not be a garage queen!

Gene welcome... the four photos you posted up yesterday were stellar.
You ARE lookin' good in your neighborhood! :smile: :smile:
Congrats to you.

Back