Another Coolant Hose Replacement Thread

Ahhh...BATMANs has posted. Now this thread is complete! :D

I considered silicone main hoses but decided to go with OEM. If I tracked the car regularly I probably would have gone with the SOS hoses.

The last OEM hose set held up pretty well for 20 years. Twenty years from now the current set will likely be someone elses problem.

:biggrin:

I still need to install the hoses that i bought.

OK...I'm done.

Took one look under the car at the oil cooler hoses and decided to let my trusted local mechanic take care of it. He has a lift. I don't. He has air conditioning in his shop. I don't. He has...well...frankly I just don't want to fool with those nasty hoses insidiously positioned above the rear axle.

Also I left the three main hoses in the tunnel for him since that sould only be about 10 minutes extra work once the car is on the lift.

The rest of the hoses are in. Cooling system is filled with distilled water but not bled. Just need to get it the half mile to the shop so I'm not too concerned. The idea behind the water fill was to get comfortable with the bleeding process and to check for leaks without wasting coolant.

So on Wednesday after I get my new oil cooler bolts I'll drop off the NSX, five gallons of Honda Type 2 coolant, the remaining five hoses, and all the gaskets and o-rings for the oil cooler and the radiator plugs.

While the car was on ramps I installed the OEM exhaust I picked up in Orlando a few weekends ago. I like it a lot. Lets me hear a lot more of the other interesting noises coming from the engine bay.

By the way, I now have a constant TCS light, the amber one at the top of the instrument panel. No other lights...no abs, no CEL. Also, the TCS enabled lamp on the tcs button will not come on. I had removed the throttle body during the hose install so I double-checked the TCS Throttle Actuator connector and it seems ok. Also checked the TCS fuse and it's fine. Kind of stumped, but I figure I may have done some harm to the tcs throttle actuator wiring while disconnecting or reconnecting for tb removal/install.

If anyone has any other ideas as to what I might have screwed up, I'd be glad to hear them before I dig out the volt/ohm meter and start troubleshooting.

Last edited:
So I dropped the car off yesterday. They didn't get to the job until mid-afternoon so it wasn't done when I went by to check on it.

The guy working on the car said he had to dismount the hard line to get one of the clamps off the nasty little oil cooler hose! But the same guy loosened the hard lines in the tunnel to make it easier to swap out the big tunnel hoses. Now I'm thinking I should have done those myself. Glad the cooler hoses are done and the job will be warrantied. But still...I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with the guy who was doing the work.

Next projects: Find out why my ABS resivoir is now empty...and do the ABS flush. Install hugabuga power window kit in both regulators. Leatherique the ivory driver's side seat cushons I got from Steven (NSX 3.0) to like new condition. Paint the calipers (black, I think). Prep and paint the chrome rims. The list goes on...

Back